Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustABox

Filebox.moe
Feb 11, 2017
Hey there,
my name is JustABox and i'm currently providing a free service and would like to introduce you to it :) !

FileBox.moe (File-Sharing)
- Files up to 3GB
- Account System for easy file managment
- Global CDN for fast file serving
- Malware/CP is not welcome
- DMCA immune
- European copyright directive applies (sadly)

I'm open for any questions :)

Kind Regards, JustABox

Reactions: Onysko

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Thanks for clarifying it.
My question is regarding the Link Shortener. When it's used, is it ad-driven or does it require adblockers disabled? I'd have to see it in action before I make a decision on that function.

JustABox

Filebox.moe
Feb 11, 2017
No ads. :p btw. here is a test link that sends you to this thread:

Silver

Regular
Donor
Aug 5, 2016
That's great, but How you are gonna earn money if you don't use ads and don't even have a good income from patreon (I noticed that you don't earn much from patreon), I am not sure you are capable of funding it alone, but I have seen many sites like that stopped providing their services because they are unable to generate enough money from it. the downside of it is when your host is down, all the files hosted in it will go offline too, and you will probably feel upset too since all of your hard work went wasted. I know you may think now like I don't want earn money, but see f95 for example, I suggested them very earlier to collect donations for getting games, but the owner wasn't much into it, but now he accepts donations for the dedicated server and the cdn. I know the purpose is different, but end goal is still somewhat same having a good income to be self sufficient without depending on anyone, otherwise when you have to use your own money earned from other sources to maintain your site, you will feel lack of motivation, especially if you ain't that rich. so the bottom line is, your host should be self sufficient, it should have a secure income, otherwise you will end up giving up on it, and it will probably hurt your feelings too. anyway I wish you all the best, I just wanted to give you an advice.

Reactions: IvoryOwl

JustABox

Filebox.moe
Feb 11, 2017
That's great, but How you are gonna earn money if you don't use ads and don't even have a good income from patreon (I noticed that you don't earn much from patreon), I am not sure you are capable of funding it alone, but I have seen many sites like that stopped providing their services because they are unable to generate enough money from it. the downside of it is when your host is down, all the files hosted in it will go offline too, and you will probably feel upset too since all of your hard work went wasted. I know you may think now like I don't want earn money, but see f95 for example, I suggested them very earlier to collect donations for getting games, but the owner wasn't much into it, but now he accepts donations for the dedicated server and the cdn. I know the purpose is different, but end goal is still somewhat same having a good income to be self sufficient without depending on anyone, otherwise when you have to use your own money earned from other sources to maintain your site, you will feel lack of motivation, especially if you ain't that rich. so the bottom line is, your host should be self sufficient, it should have a secure income, otherwise you will end up giving up on it, and it will probably hurt your feelings too. anyway I wish you all the best, I just wanted to give you an advice.
m8, dont break ur head over others business :) and there is a backup plan if i decide to quit my service, so u guys can still download the stuff.

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
Hi @JustABox... and others!

I saw yesterday a banner saying you'll stop your services for some time, I don't see it anymore... Is it still relevant?

I registered a few days ago, but I have not yet taken the time to look at it (Yes... I know... I'm ashamed... :p). Is there a way or do you plan to do a simple solution to share pics?
I think of the possibility of creating a directory, putting pics in it and getting a url to access them directly, from a forum for example.

And if you are wise and you do not break everything, I'll think to patron you this month :p:closedeyesmile:

JustABox

Filebox.moe
Feb 11, 2017
Hi @JustABox... and others!

I saw yesterday a banner saying you'll stop your services for some time, I don't see it anymore... Is it still relevant?

I registered a few days ago, but I have not yet taken the time to look at it (Yes... I know... I'm ashamed... :p). Is there a way or do you plan to do a simple solution to share pics?
I think of the possibility of creating a directory, putting pics in it and getting a url to access them directly, from a forum for example.

And if you are wise and you do not break everything, I'll think to patron you this month :p:closedeyesmile:
Nope the annoucement was there because i moved my server to a new server.
And this feature is there! Just download "ShareX" and import the config from my site :p

Greetings, Box

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
@JustABox I just have to understand what to do and how to use a json file :p
I have DLed it, but now ? ?? ? You should do a tutorial for notorious and irrecoverable incompetent :closedeyesmile:

Reactions: toolkitxx

JustABox

Filebox.moe
Feb 11, 2017
@JustABox I just have to understand what to do and how to use a json file :p
I have DLed it, but now ? ?? ? You should do a tutorial for notorious and irrecoverable incompetent :closedeyesmile:
Right click on sharex taskbar icon > Destinations > Destination Settings > Scroll down to "Custom Uploader" > Click It > Import from file > select json > Should be done

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
Thanks a lot for the SH script you've done! It works nice and it's easy to use even with a Mac (I just had to change the Returns to the unix format *CRLF -> LF*).

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
WTF with filebox? It's down down or just down? Even the discord channel has disappear :cryingface:

Status
Not open for further replies.