RPGM - Completed - My Pawn [Final] [Tsuyoi Ko]

1. 2.00 star(s)

AnotherLurker

The art is okay. That's worth one more star. There are limited animations when you "train" your girls.

The writing sucks. The premise is that pretty much everyone is either over-the-top evil, or about to die after meeting you. There are NPCs you can optionally challenge. One is a literal child cowering in terror from the most basic monsters in the game. I ignored half of these NPCs and tried to only kill the evil ones. It didn't seem to make much of a difference.

There should be a gallery. Somewhere. Didn't look for it that hard. Saw ending A, B, and C. The weren't worth the effort.

The combat's a joke. Only the tournament matches and level bosses ever feel like they might actually end in your loss and the AI is so bad you can literally lure enemies away from the pack, dogpile them, heal, and repeat while the rest stand and watch until you enter their effective range.

The lack of a teleport to the start of each dungeon level is the dev's way of telling us all we deserve to suffer in life.The edgelord writing and low-effort mechanics of the game are just insulting garnishes on the shit sandwich.

Adding a "teleport home" feature, transport to each dungeon level, the ability to change equipment on your girls (pieces) outside of combat, and the ability to buy equipment instead of turning in guild badges would bump the game to three stars.

For four, add battle-fuck animations. I already know that actual interactions between the MC and LIs outside of "training" would be too much to ask.

Also, the "god" of the game apparently only exists to facilitate the scenario. That scenario being an isekai with the ability to summon overpowered high school girls with anime titties in a deathmatch tournament where murder is almost always a moral obligation rather than merely justified.

How much time went into this? The art, animations, level design, game mechanics...it feels like all of that was wasted, but as badly as my time was playing it. I'm not sure whether to pity the developer for making this or myself for playing it at this point. Only the fact that I have actually played worse is any consolation.