Abandoned My Sweet Neighbors | Completing the game project !

do you want to see more updates of this game ?

• Yes

Votes: 2,298 97.5%
  • No

Votes: 58 2.5%

• Total voters
Jun 30, 2020
Make sense its not going to move or start, as it is, w/o the originals assets it hard to find the exact again, even if, how many will mind some degree of difference ?
Then there the time involved, I'm not sure how much difference is using original assets vs created ones but its still mostly on the skills then involvement of the dev, if team its mostly of the leader as giving directions.

Then skills side its varied with code(s ?), render creation then export.
By now they are tutorials and collaboration areas, here is one quite correct in case.

To conclude, finding information isn't a common skill, add parts aren't readilily available.
TBS, hope the game get continued or restated as it was quite a nice setup (even if one more daughter?, coming home later on because of school/something else ?

Ho, Log Horizon season 2 is Ongoing !
If English is your first language, I'd recommend you get tested for a concussion ASAP.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I'm guessing this remake or continuation isn't happening?
Wouldn't get the support the original had due to being a new dev and the story being different so some fans of the original won't back it.

Problem is a new dev will never be able to make the story as it was intended which usually means the characters will act differently due to people interpreting things their own way.

Unless the dev comes back to finish it then some people just won't be interested.

If a different dev takes over this it will be a different game with the same title.

mgtoons

Jul 25, 2018
I think there is some horror conspiracy curse going on with all who chose to develop this game. Maybe they should make a move out of it, or turn it into a game at the very least.

Corellien

Aug 19, 2019
Wouldn't get the support the original had due to being a new dev and the story being different so some fans of the original won't back it.
The problem here is that the new dev isn't here anymore... Si there isn't any different story at all!

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I was not expecting it to go anywhere, to be honest.. just getting the assets to look the same was probably too hard..

and, at most, it was going to be labelled as a fan project.

Still, I won't deny that I would love to see the original game continued, but we all know it will never happened. Worst thing, that it stopped right when things were going to get INTERESTED. :mad:

Last edited:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
It really sucks when devs abandon games.
I mean, yeah, but life happens. What is particularly bad is when they go MIA/AWOL. Not a single message, suddenly cut communication and they followers and supporters are left hoping for some info.

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
Kind of what happened to the original game. And he still has almost $1500/month support! Though IIRC he suspended payments before disappearing. Nothing since DEC 2018.

Reactions: SinAppeal

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Kind of what happened to the original game. And he still has almost $1500/month support! Though IIRC he suspended payments before disappearing. Nothing since DEC 2018.
That is what I always found surprising. From what I heard (which maybe totally wrong) there is no auto stop. So you need to go each month to pause payments. If he knows he is not coming back, wouldn't you close it?

I strongly doubt that this is the case, and there is probably a way to simply shut down payments until further notice, but as I don't have a creator patreons I cannot check it myself.

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
It was a sad day, long ago, when I learned that the original dev had abandoned their game. It really was just getting interesting. Now the dev that was going to try and resurrect the abandoned game, has apparently abandoned this idea themselves?!... I guess I should be abandoning this thread?? :unsure: :cry:

Corellien

Aug 19, 2019
That is what I always found surprising. From what I heard (which maybe totally wrong) there is no auto stop. So you need to go each month to pause payments.
You can change from monthly supports to 'on demand', then you choose when to trigger the payments. It's a simple change on the admin panel for the dev. Usefull if you need a break or trigger the payments when you release an update.

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
Really weird 2 posts or anything in well over 2 years. When I had a heart attack I was online in the hospital and right away once I got home. I can't imagine anything that would take 2 years, 3 months+ to resolve. Last post was 12/15/2018.

Jun 30, 2020
For anyone who is interested in an hommage to pandelo and his great work :love: should check out this

Wings of Silicon
Based on what's there so far, I'd say that to call the game an homage is a questionable claim. The game is enjoyable enough, mind you, but if someone is looking for something that closely resembles the essential qualities of MSN, I would say it's way too early to say if that promise will be delivered.

This is worth noting since the dev is using this board to drive traffic to his game. What's there so far is just a brief taste, and I've left a review on that page if you're interested in more detail.