ADRIFT Part 3 of the Himeros Trilogy: Himeros Horizon [v0.90a] [Seztworks]

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Hiya Jarlaxle69 and Xorgroth
When I started out I looking at different "beginner" platforms and RAGS was one of them. I also liked the navigation in RAGS but after testing some implementation of events in both I ended up using Adrift because it was easier for me at the time. Back then HTML wasn't really a thing as it is today and I didn't have the code knowledge to implement anything that would work as a game let alone allow me to add the systems I wanted for the trilogy.

Regarding using Adrift. A surprising amount of people are not aware that you can use the map to navigate instead of the commands by clicking on locations once you have discovered them. You can also click words in the the text to add them to the command line instead of writing them. So you can cut down on some repeat uses.

Here is a video I made a long time ago to show my usual setup for play giving a Square image area (as all the images are formatted that way).

I hope that makes sense :)
I always forget when I come back seeing what's new in this game after awhile. Though once you're used to a gaming engine it's really hard to move to something different. I wanted to try to make a game in Twine from QSP but invested so much time in the QSP one that I didn't want to rewrite everything. So yeah, I see your point.

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
Hiya Johor1
I am glad you liked it. Regarding your spoiler I guess I better answer in kind since I can't place it and don't want to spoil it by accident :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

MiteEnPullover

Jan 23, 2018
Hello MiteEnPullover

As such I am not against it. The only issues is that the games are still "work in progress" at this point with lots of changes. Horizon still has 2 major releases to go and after that I plan to back to Hotel and make some overhauls to that.
If you can wait for me to complete the changes to Hotel I would be fine with starting out releasing the code for Hotel and see how that would turn out in Twine.

Regards
Sezt
No problem. I will wait. Good luck for the rest of the game.
On the other hand, if the game is in episode. I can offer to work a prototype on the beginning. It is also possible.

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
Hello players. I just threw V0.87 - Intimate Invitations out to the Patrons and the public release will follow in a few weeks. It is the penultimate release and the largest so far. 127 scenes/events with 115 playable due to variants/branching. We are still doing some internal testing since there are a lot of branching but overall we are getting towards the end, not only of this but also of Horizon and the trilogy :)

Reactions: Gloot and Aufir

Ripley1982

Dec 8, 2017
Sorry been so long since i played i think i forgot most stuff only task i have is "optilink: search team assignement: -biodome"
And otherwise stuck cant advance time or change hemisphere so otherwords stuck. Anyone knows what im suppose to do?

Ripley1982

Dec 8, 2017
Also ive noticed ive been messing around with the save some of the events arent in a locked order so been testing to trigger them in different orders. Also if i run past the info warning about choices in the central hub i get stuck after the system monitor event, then i need to restart adrift to get in again.

Ive been doin just that, last trigger was in the contaiment i think... Been using the save Johor kindly provided me 2 posts up.

Syldor

Jul 28, 2017
in the new update it says i need to go to return to jungle but i cant trigger anything there plz help

Reactions: Sezt

Sezt

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2017
Batmanbatmann It is has been exactly a year since you wrote the same message here last and since you might not have read my response I will copy this here again.
Adrift has some false virus flag issues. A small number of anti virus programs detect the platform as a generic virus in some cases. Nothing I can do about that but to assure you that I haven't added anything besides text and images :)
The link to the TotalVirus scan of the game file:
Note all are listed as "generic" meaning they contain something that the program thinks looks like a virus but is not confirmed as such.
You can add the file or the folder your have placed it in to your antivirus safe list if you want to continue.

Dropdude

Donor
Aug 5, 2016
I tried to play it, I remember playing it years ago. But I've just lost all will to manually type in commands. This is a true filter game

Reactions: maestro9109