[R>Artist 2D] Paid Share Unpaid Prof dev looking for a creative 2D Artist partner for Ryona/Rape heavy game

Zhrat

Aug 13, 2019
Hi!

First of all, I'm planning to develop a free game, only some content may be paid and only after full version release. This is hobby and passion only project. The goal is to make a cool (although extremely niche) product and make it public.

Most probably, this project can only interest you if you share my passion to ryona-heavy stuff. Please, read the genres block below and decide if you are okay with that, are you interested in that
Ofc, there are some games that do have such content or even focus on it, but there are too few, they lask replayability and customization.

So, I came up with an plot and mechanics idea described below.

The programming part will be pretty tough, but I'm a skilled programmer (12+ y. experience) with dozens of complex projects done both in a team and as an only developer.
But, surely, all the programming will be pointless without a good art.

Project:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Developer:
- Me, myself and I.
- Pretty skillfull dev and PM, done a lot of complex projects, but...
- not in gamedev industry. have no experience in modern engines, last time I made even a simple game was more than 6 years ago.
- but anyway, I learn fast and it is totally ok for me to create ok-quality product first time I hit new technology.
- as a last resort, everything I described above I can do without any popular engine on tech I'm experienced with.

As of my experience, the more flexible the thing is, the better. So I do modular software, which can be changed in any way desired.
So the game will have rich mod/addon system to modify nearly anything. Good example is skyrim, but yeah, it's hard to get to such a level.
Most probably, there will be an instrument to create new positions for non-devs (like in STD)

Looking for:
- A good 2d artist who shares my passion

Employment Type:
- As I'm pretty busy IRL myself, probably you'll spend less than 2-4 hours a week
- Without planning to make profit of it, first priority is for you to be unpaid partner, just like myself.
- If we'll come up with some monetization plan without bothering players (like donations or watching not-gameplay-affecting ads as thanks) we'll share profit based on workload.
- I do consider a paid employee instead of parnter, but for this project strongly prefer other variants.

Work commitment:
Not sure about this block also.
Most of time I cannot spend more than 4-8 hours a week on side projects, but don't think we have any real deadlines.
If you'll be able to work at least 2-4 hours a week, I think we'll create a working and cool to play prototype in 2-3 month.
After that it will be only about making game richer - more clothes, positions, polishing mechanics and gameplay.
And making mod framework and docs, of course.

Preferred method of contact:
I'm a bit paranoid about my close people find out about how dark my fetishes are, maybe even too much.
So please, if you are interested, leave smth in this thread or send me DM on this forum, we'll talk about contact method there.

Job Description:
Finally, an important part.

Main job of 2D Artist in this project is to draw assets for bodies, clothing and backgrounds.
As everything is modular and procedural-generation oriented, you won't have to draw scenes and animations, just parts for me to assemble.
Ofc it is totally okay if you draw those for your own convinience.
But I only plan to use replaceable parts for more customization freedom and things like that.
Many parts will have different states (like different bodyshapes, normal t-shirt or bra -> raised t-shirt or bra, normal house -> abandoned house -> destroyed house and so on)
Some states can be made by programmatically changing images, morphing them, but some things need to be drawn differently.

All such assets have to be compatible with the one's they will be used with (small breast top body asset should't look weird with big butt body asset, for example). I'm not an artist, but IMO it is pretty hard thing to do.

Another very important thing is face and hair art, facial expressions especially. I think Konashion and STD modders did supergreat job on that, so that is our reference point.
Even with perfect assets I'll have hard time animating those and making them look 'alive', so if you can help me with that - it will be great.

And it is extragreat if you could help me with body animation, poses and things like that. If you'll be willing to do that, I'll write a helper software for you (and maybe future modders)

And finally, if you do 2D animated assets, we could make game even more beautiful, smooth and engaging.

Additional comments:
Feel free to ask me anything, even if you're not an artist, or you're not willing to contribute to project.

Last edited:

Ustiel

May 16, 2020
dropping my link here
at first, im not sure if there's enough space of my schedule
but if you interest, we can talk first