[R>Artist 3D] Paid Share Recruiting Talented 3D Artist for New Project

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Project:
- The project is currently untitled. At this current point in time, I've designed a few of the characters (which I'll post a few test renders of below), picked out the majority of the locations I'll be using, and have written a significant amount of the script for the first release. If you're interested, and I like your work, I'm more than happy to send you the script so you can see exactly the kind of story I'm looking to tell.

Developer:
- Myself. My discord is Conviction07#6843

Looking for:
- A talented 3D artist who's particularly skilled at evoking mood and tone through lighting.

Employment Type:
- I can offer an extremely generous share of the revenue, as well as a fairly modest amount of an agreed-upon salary, that will be periodically paid based on work completed milestones.

Work commitment:
- If we work together well, ideally, I'd like for this to become a long term partnership, but for now, we'll take it one step at a time, and only commit to the initial release.

Preferred method of contact:
- Either discord or PM is fine.

Job Description:
- Although I consider myself a fairly decent Daz artist, skills such as the ability to create visually striking lighting, and image composition is something I lack. Which considering the type of game I'm making, which has fairly dark themes, is beyond important. So what I'm looking for specifically, is someone to beautifully light the rooms I've selected, the characters that will occupy them, and then set up roughly 100 or so shots that I can easily adjust depending on the scene. For example, let's say there's a scene that takes place during the evening, and it's of two characters talking to each other on the sofa. I'd like you to set that scene up, and then I'll do the simpler fill-in poses which include things like body or expression changes. So obviously you'd need to send me the files. I'm sure this might sound confusing, but we can always discuss this in more detail later on.

Additional comments:
- I can't stress enough how important it is that anyone who applies needs to be very confident in their abilities. I'm not saying you need to be a professional or anything, but I want the art to be high quality. Otherwise, I'd simply just do it myself. I know I'm asking a lot (especially since I don't have a ton of money to pay outright), but I'm looking to make something really special and unique. I'm confident I can achieve this in the narrative, but I need someone to help bring my words to glorious life.

Thank you for taking the time to read this :)

MPortrait.jpg 360969_Front_Test.jpg DPortrait.jpg IMG_2537.JPG test4.jpg test5-2.jpg

Reactions: RaXorX

KiaAzad

Feb 27, 2019
I think it would be easier for you to set up the lights yourself, there's really not much to them, you just need to position them right and add a sufficient number of them to avoid noisy dark corners.
working with another person just doubles your troubles if you want to use the ready assets. from your renders I can see your computer has enough power to render, that's all you need. if you have the time and patient to guide somebody else towards what you need at the end, you have more than enough to do it yourself.
you might need tips and answers along the way, I'll be more than happy to share what I've learned over the years with you. contact me on skype "kiaazad" or discord "Kia#6810" and I'll try to guide you to the best of my ability.

HandofVecna

Sep 4, 2018
I think it would be easier for you to set up the lights yourself, there's really not much to them, you just need to position them right and add a sufficient number of them to avoid noisy dark corners.
working with another person just doubles your troubles if you want to use the ready assets. from your renders I can see your computer has enough power to render, that's all you need. if you have the time and patient to guide somebody else towards what you need at the end, you have more than enough to do it yourself.
you might need tips and answers along the way, I'll be more than happy to share what I've learned over the years with you. contact me on skype "kiaazad" or discord "Kia#6810" and I'll try to guide you to the best of my ability.
I agree. It looks like you already are well on your way. Not sure you need anyone else.

Reactions: KiaAzad