• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

[Ren'Py] SU Re-Imagined, an UNOFFICIAL Proof of Concept Ren'Py Demo - Community Development Thread

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Denied!

SU_Re-ImaginedLexconUpgradeDenied.jpg

Also, something seems off here...

SU_Re-ImaginedLivingQuarter.jpg

BTW the first five rooms are reserved for Harley #1, Audrey, Lois, Cheshire, and Harley #2 probably... which would mean that an upgrade would be required for Superwoman, Galatea, Darci, Lana Lang and Blackfire... multiple upgrades actually for all three, my idea is to 'reserve' the first row when new rooms are added for Villainess types...

As for the duplicate Lois clones and Miss Martian rating two rooms, working on that... the main thing was to get room assignments when devices are upgraded working first...

Still, you could have a lot of fun with Lois and her five clones, just sayin...
:love:

There will be a fun easter egg in the next update. It won't stay (unless there's lots of popular demand), I was just testing some code...

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Important to me is there GALATEA content?
This is basically just an interface demo at the moment.

Cloning hasn't been tackled yet... heists need to be implemented first so that the stuff for cloning can be acquired, and Villain recruitment also needs to be implemented. So there's still a ways to go for that, if interested modder types decide to run with this.

Reactions: Darthasus

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Still plugging away!

SU_Re-Imagined_MgmtClearSlotsButtons.jpg

I added 'Clear Schedule' buttons to both the Glamour Slam and Meta Bordello, and also added a 'gig descriptor' below the fatigue bar under the girl's pic, and also added a placeholder thumbnail for Available Outfits.

I made a few alignment tweaks as well. I still need to add the 'combined income bonus' text into the empty boxes next to the Mercy's, but hiring Villains need to be implemented first.

I still could use some help with building a few cell scenes, to show off the 'click on Lexcorp Quarters button for that girl to have fun with her' thingie...

GS Striptease scenes are now implemented:

SU_Re-Imagined_StripteaseSc.jpg

I'll be tackling the Eroplay scenes next.

I'll probably share a new build in the next day or so.
:cool:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I just updated the link in the OP to version 0.21 of this proof of concept tech demo.

So far, no one has offered to help transcribe various scenes over to this build, which would help demonstrate how the 'Lexcorp Quarters' system works, so that feature remains in limbo.

Girls can be assigned to cells, and their devices can be subsequently downgraded to level 1 again, but as there are no cell scenes, there's not much to do there.

Starfire can continue to work in the Glamour Slam and Meta Bordello of course.

As mentioned earlier, the 'clear schedule' buttons were added. I also added a quick scene for the Meta Bordello, but there isn't anything to do there.

You can now watch girls strip as well as dance at the Glamour Slam, if they are scheduled to work.

There's also an easter egg in the 'End of Night' routine.

I also changed the 'choice button' art to be a little more in line with the 'look and feel' of this demo build.

---

xMendoza is working on his build of course, and so far hasn't contributed anything new to the build that I'm working on.

My work has been focused on the scheduling framework and such, as it's important that this part work more or less seamlessly. Cell scenes are much easier to build, so I've been hoping for others to assist with adding those to the demo build.

So essentially baby steps. Feedback is appreciated!
:unsure:

Android version?
Perhaps in a future build. I do not have an Android device, or a Mac for that matter, to test builds on, and am unfamiliar with what needs to be changed for Android ports.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
does this build solved saving issue or just overites registry of standard build?

This proof of concept demo build is mainly intended to show off a few ideas I've had r.e. improving the flow of gameplay using the Ren'Py framework. As I mentioned in the OP, it builds upon previous xMendoza 's efforts to port the game over to Ren'Py.

This is a 'from the ground up build', which doesn't use the SU Unity code. As such, it uses the 'standard' Ren'Py save framework, instead of the Unity framework. So if you are familair with Ren'Py saves, yeah it uses that framework, and doesn't require editing of the registry as saves are kept in relevant folders in appdata, etc.

Right now, it just shows off the GS/MB scheduling framework and a few other minor things, but isn't really a fully playable game as of yet.

There are a lot of scenes that would need to be added, assuming that Modder and Fanart types are willing to put in the effort for a community build.

Cult of Ape

Oct 11, 2017
So, I would love to help out, but I have no ren´py experience, except for installing the program once and playing around a bit (then decided to build my own adventure game framework in Godot instead.. yes, bad idea 4 years later still not done).

I once started learning python but dropped it, because I wanted to focus elsewhere. I have some experience developing in Godot, like I said, which has a python-like scripting language, so I´m not a complete dunce when it comes to coding.

So, if there´s a simple enough , well explained cell template that I can learn from, and clear instructions what needs to be done, I´d be up for it, just to be able to help this project progress.

anyhoo, TLDR - if this requires expert ren´py coding skills, then I won´t be able to help...

edit: I´m installing ren´py again just to have a look see if I can get my mind around it.. baby on the way and work to worry about, but we´ll see..

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
So, I would love to help out, but I have no ren´py experience, except for installing the program once and playing around a bit (then decided to build my own adventure game framework in Godot instead.. yes, bad idea 4 years later still not done).

I once started learning python but dropped it, because I wanted to focus elsewhere. I have some experience developing in Godot, like I said, which has a python-like scripting language, so I´m not a complete dunce when it comes to coding.

So, if there´s a simple enough , well explained cell template that I can learn from, and clear instructions what needs to be done, I´d be up for it, just to be able to help this project progress.

anyhoo, TLDR - if this requires expert ren´py coding skills, then I won´t be able to help...
The cell framework is set up in such a way (when finally activated) that all you'll need to do is add scenes in whichever girl's .rpy file you are working with.

So essentially

scene girlroom
show girl happy1 at left
show lex happy2 at right
with dissolve
babs "Hi, welcome to my room!"

So if you can code basic scenes, you should be good to go. The tricky part would be re-assembling the girl's sprites into a single image (that's how we are handling that for now), but if you have GIMP/Photoshop skills making .pngs you can use should be no problem.

As for which variables do what, I can walk you through that, but in the meantime you can 'test' the scenes you build using the console, jumping to the relevant label. I can walk you through this, and of course you can use 'auto-reload (shift + r or Capital R) to automatically reload the scene you are working on and roll forward/back as needed to test positioning and such.

There are a couple of variables that add to corruption, track if you've talked to a girl that day, etc. but again this is pretty 'basic' stuff.

I left a number of comments in the code to explain what's going on in the backend, so if you are interested, PM me and I can get you started.

So if you are interested, PM me and we can start from there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cult of Ape

Cult of Ape

Oct 11, 2017
The cell framework is set up in such a way (when finally activated) that all you'll need to do is add scenes in whichever girl's .rpy file you are working with.

So essentially

scene girlroom
show girl happy1 at left
show lex happy2 at right
with dissolve
babs "Hi, welcome to my room!"

So if you can code basic scenes, you should be good to go. The tricky part would be re-assembling the girl's sprites into a single image (that's how we are handling that for now), but if you have GIMP/Photoshop skills making .pngs you can use should be no problem.

As for which variables do what, I can walk you through that, but in the meantime you can 'test' the scenes you build using the console, jumping to the relevant label. I can walk you through this, and of course you can use 'auto-reload (shift + r or Capital R) to automatically reload the scene you are working on and roll forward/back as needed to test positioning and such.

There are a couple of variables that add to corruption, track if you've talked to a girl that day, etc. but again this is pretty 'basic' stuff.

I left a number of comments in the code to explain what's going on in the backend, so if you are interested, PM me and I can get you started.

So if you are interested, PM me and we can start from there.
Ok, I´ll start with installing renpy (done), downloading your current build (done) and go through the files and try to understand what´s happening and experiment a bit. I might have some time today.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Cult of Ape

OK, quick note here...

You don't need to install the Ren'Py sdk to work with the Ren'Py files. All you need is Notepad2, Notepad++, or a decent editor. I use Notepad 2 'cuz I'm stubborn that way...

Whichever you are most comfortable with.

Your best bet for 'understanding' how scenes are put together are to look at intro.rpy, or glamourslam.rpy, or talashop.rpy

Those aren't perfect yet, but those are the ones that have people talking to each other.

But where you will actually be working is in the girl.rpy files, so look inside of the girls folder, pick a girl, and open her .rpy file. Don't use 'regular' Notepad for this though, it's not set up to work with .rpy files.

mercy.rpy has an animated scene, which is a bit more complicated than simple conversations. loislane.rpy has a more complex scene (easter egg for now), but that's mainly there to help others see what I did to get the animation sequence working, for later...

Anyways, you'll see a bunch of variables at the top or the girl's .rpy file, which define each girl. Again, when you are ready to see what stuff does, PM me and I'll help you set up a simple scene to get started.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
When I try to log in I get an error and the antivirus detects it
What are you trying to log into? You shouldn't need to log into anything...

---

Quick note:

This is the first build I used Renpy 8 to assemble the package(8.03.something), so a couple of text alignments shifted. The previous build was 7.4.11, so a couple of things needed to be adjusted. I'll have a new build later, waiting on more feedback first.

Last edited:

lollapoza

Jun 30, 2019
What are you trying to log into? You shouldn't need to log into anything...

---

Quick note:

This is the first build I used Renpy 8 to assemble the package(8.03.something), so a couple of text alignments shifted. The previous build was 7.4.11, so a couple of things needed to be adjusted. I'll have a new build later, waiting on more feedback first.
Wait, I don't get it, are you and Mendoza working on your own version?

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Wait, I don't get it, are you and Mendoza working on your own version?
xMendoza has been working on other stuff while I've been focusing on interface stuff. I've been trying to coordinate with him, but he's been rather vague about what he's working on at the moment.

I requested numerous times for a community development thread to get started for this, as I know that things will go faster if more people are tackling various areas of the builds (such as the Lexcrop quarters content), and this was one of the prerequisites for me lending my help to this effort. Hence why this thread exists now.

xMendoza mentioned via PM to me that he was planning on posting an update in a couple of weeks, what that will be I guess we'll find out together...

Trying to access the MetaBordello crashes the game
One of the pics isn't named correctly. It was, not sure why it didn't copy over properly, but go into the /game/girls/Catwoman folder, and rename:
Catwoman-Chat1.png
to
Catwoman chat1.png

And that will fix this issue.

There's no Meta Bordello content currently though, so that's just a placeholder for now.

Reactions: pinkie96

lollapoza

Jun 30, 2019
xMendoza has been working on other stuff while I've been focusing on interface stuff. I've been trying to coordinate with him, but he's been rather vague about what he's working on at the moment.

I requested numerous times for a community development thread to get started for this, as I know that things will go faster if more people are tackling various areas of the builds (such as the Lexcrop quarters content), and this was one of the prerequisites for me lending my help to this effort. Hence why this thread exists now.

xMendoza mentioned via PM to me that he was planning on posting an update in a couple of weeks, what that will be I guess we'll find out together...

One of the pics isn't named correctly. It was, not sure why it didn't copy over properly, but go into the /game/girls/Catwoman folder, and rename:
Catwoman-Chat1.png
to
Catwoman chat1.png

And that will fix this issue.

There's no Meta Bordello content currently though, so that's just a placeholder for now.
Well, of course, you better join forces, make a cool port and try to negotiate with Sunset to sell your port and services.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote