VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Soluble Dream [Final] [Heartstrings Interactive]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Hyperserver

review on "completed" [final] version:

it's not a game at all. It's a pretty short story, which could be even created by AI. (Calling this "a story" is even too much - maybe i should use the word "article", which would match the situation in a better way)
    The renders are sprites, which are shown in front of changing backgrounds, but even those backgrounds are repetitive.
    There is only ONE sex scene, which is even done very blunt. Aside that, no build up - no romance - no blackmail - no corruption... just nothing.
    The very few non-sprite-renders are very basic and don't make you feel that a skilled "artist" worked on them.
    The way of narration does not allow any immersion, as the "narrator" is talking about 50% of all scenes.
    The background music changes between 2 songs back and forth.

To sum up: There is nothing about this game worth to have more than one star - don't waste your time
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Vvsttannat

To even say this is a "game" would mean any PowerPoint presentation could be labeled as such too.

Don't let the Completed tag fool you, that means nothing considering you can go through the entire story in less than 30 minutes, if you can actually say it has a story at all. The overview makes it seem like there's a genuine plot with branching opportunities and character development, when in reality it's just a composed of a series of dialogues alternated with timeskips. There are 6 characters in this "game" and 2 only have a couple of lines at most; only one sex scene and is confusing as hell because the renders are awful and the writing is subpar.

It feels more like the prologue of an actual game, and a pretty terrible one at that; I'd avoid this like the plague if I were you.