RPGM - The Curse of Pleasure [v0.9] [RanneRo]

1. 1.00 star(s)

popabear

Yay! Another RPGM walking around simulator which I have to play with both hands on the keyboard. Fun. Most other RPGM games allow mouse click to move and progress the story but not this one. The art assets are kinda nice but repeated in absurdum. If you like the same boob grab scene repeated a million times then this game is for you.

Also if you like walking around a lot in RPGM games then this is for you. There is also no quest log or anything to tell you where to go next, but that's rarely a problem because where you need to go is often the same place as yesterday to repeat the recycled assets yet another time. Also there are kids groping the MC at every opportunity. It actually happens so often that I feel it's kinda the central theme of this game. Ick.

There are a few good RPGM games out there. Try them before this one.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Scarlett's nightmare

Review based on 0.7:

So much wasted potential, it's a shame. I like a long build up but there is only so much breast touching I can endure until you have to move on. Come on.

The game is well paced until the bandit boss story. 5 stars up to that point. The art is exceptionally good, but after that the game regresses instead of finally taking flight.

What TF is wrong with guys in this game? Jesus Christ. At this point the failures become apparent. There is endless needless running. All quests all are at the same tedious end point. (Not that you'd know since there is no quest tracking at all) Why make the run to the hot springs across 4 different maps? 8x in a row? Just so you can see a perverted kid grab your breasts? That Boo character makes me gag. You REALLY need to like shota if you want to enjoy this game at this stage.

Seriously. This could have been a great game. So 5 stars for the first half, 1 for the second = 3 stars. Let's round down generously and make it 2.

Avoid at this point.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

jdewilde

Good art and superb looking MC, but desperately in need of an interface which tracks quests / gives you a hint as to where to go next. In the village which the MC currently lives in with her younger brother, my most effective way of finding out how to progress has been to walk around and talk to every NPC in the village until one of them says something new, gets tedious very fast. A way to fast travel to certain locations would be nice too.

Also not into the shota stuff at all, though that's personal preference, to each their own I suppose.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

NTR(Natural)

OH NICE THIS GAME HAS A GOOD RPGM STYLE WITH A SMOOTH RUNNING ANIMATION!! THE GAME WAS SO NICE, THE PROBLEM IS CANT MAKE IT TO FULL SCREEN BUT THE DRAWING THAT MAKE IT GOOD (WELL WHAT MAKES IT GOOD IN THE R18+ GAME WAS THE GAME THAT MAKES YOU BEAT YO MEAT!) IF THE CONTENT WAS THAT CAN MAKE UP TO 500MB+ I WILL GIVE IT A FULL MARKS.THIS GAME STYLE WAS RARE, I LIKE MALE MC GENRE BUT BECAUSE OF ART I LIKE IT EVEN THE MC WAS FEMALE. GOOD JOB!
  5. 5.00 star(s)

LedgeLord

Excellent animated artwork with a variety of events available. Unique and interesting combat engine for an RPGmaker engine game. Albeit the updates have been slow but can't wait for the next update of the Curse of Pleasure.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Annielska

I had a great time playing chatter, I haven't laughed that long, it was fun. :love:
    Very easy and intuitive system for moving, saving and fighting (y)
    The game is basically without frequent bug-splat:cry:(crash).
  7. 5.00 star(s)

ramossi_0007

I love this game lol Wish there was so much more, but its good as it is. Always look forward to more from you.

There is alot of goodness with its unique take on this kind of game. Being that most of these games are made on the same engines they usually have the same systems in place. This is not the case with this, atleast not as much as the usual.

Keep it up devs
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 72761

Great art style, character design, and decent animation as well. I'll be

looking forward to this one getting more content. Not enough

games appealing to certain niche fetishes that this one features, so be

aware that this rating is slightly biased.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

montev

Gr8 game!! Really

Kinda like a younger Valiant Warrior Astrid, but with a better story...

The model is great and love the build up..

Even the combat is interesting, with the nuances of adjusting strenght and stuff...

One of the best games here..
  10. 4.00 star(s)

ExplainLikeImForeign

Definitely one of the best art in hentai games.

Biggest flaw about this is the slow ass updates. Holy moly it is taking time.

Pros;
    -Smooth Animation
    -Beautiful girl with a perfect body
    -Game is pretty interesting and fun
    -Top 10 best art for H games
    -Good fetishes

Cons:
    -Has this crappy glitch or bug that breaks the game and you have to find a save before it happened or you are screwed
    -Slow updates. Very. Slow
    -0 sex till now. Guess this MC will be teased for next 10 years.
    -Just needs more content and faster updates
  11. 3.00 star(s)

wanky

Very much enjoyed this game! hope development will proceed smoothy.

The version of january 2019 has alot of content, though most of is a bit slow to get, and not very varied. The same event with diffrent people happens over and over but its a nice story and overall worth a playthough.

The map is quite big and knownig how to trigger a scene might not always be obvious so several trial and errors might be needed, this is the biggest flaw and what the game mostly suffers from. The scenes then being repetitive is an issue.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

potty khale

Great art. but it would have been good if it left one of my hands free to do other stuff. nice story but requires long walks to go between two places and the walking/running pace could have been higher.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

twitterpation

PLOT: The story is nothing special. Pretty standard for an adult game. Basically can be summarized as "proud and/or strong female hero gets corrupted by lust and needs to find a cure or succumb to it".

ART: Really quite good! The game's strongest point! Can tell a lot of hard work and loving effort has been put into refining the PC's design. Animations are top-notch for something made in such a limited engine, and care has been taken to add things that most games completely neglect, such as facial expressions during passing groping scenes, slight bodily discomfort, etc.

WRITING: I'm quite torn here. In terms of sex/ecchi scenes, the problem is that the ideas and execution are really quite amazing. The buildup for a lot of the NTR is so sexy. But the actual writing (as in, prose, grammar, etc) is subpar. Can be attributed to English not being the developer's first language. Really a shame. Developer should hire a devoted editor or something.

GAMEPLAY: The map size is really way too tedious for the amount of content allocated per map. You spend way too long exploring for a very small amount of adult content in return, and let's face it, the adult content is what we play adult games for, right? Combat is kind of grindy, but not too bad. Easy enough battles, and the consequences of battle make it worth it to play through them.

SOUND: Nothing too standout here. Some more effort could be put into adding sound effects to certain scenes I suppose, but this is something most developers neglect anyway.

Overall, I'd give this game a 6/10. Above average, but not by a big margin. It has promise, but is bogged down by limited content for its map size, and can be quite tedious to get through all in all. I really want to like it - I do - I think the writing, especially the NTR setup, was great. But sadly, the creator dropped the ball even on that strong suit and got lazy later on, like with the cliche bandit boss scenario.
  14. 3.00 star(s)

crisa

Maps are too big, boring animations, at first it was okay, but them the author says that it will be a open world game, and really that is not good for this style of games, he need to focus more on making a good stor, and maybe make the maps a little smaller, is a pain in the ass to move in a big map that has 3 houses
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Demonic Ingrid

Very enjoyable game, slow updates but huge progress. Sometimes the updates can diminish the value but staying on his Discord and how passionate he post content on his posts. I have without a doubt that he cares about his game and community, he constantly polishes the game. This game provides hours of content although some are repetitive but I enjoy it.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

KodokuAi

Note: My “review” is general overview of a game and with heavy weight on how much I enjoy it rather than “critical” rating. A.k.A more of a PERSONAL ENJOYMENT + a bit of “critical” rating/comments gamelist entry

Review Game Ver 0.7

PROs:
    +Pleasing art & some animations
    +Hot nee-chan (older sister) as female lead
    +Great start with some unintentional teases and intentional (a.k.a tease, low corruption and exhibitionism kinks done well)
    +Not too difficult combat which makes H focus much more enjoyable
    +Pretty nice NPC’s and intentional fun

CONs:
    -I were a bit sad how her first time ended up
    -her looseness felt too fast (even though it was chemical effect)

Comments:
    Not much else to add. Very pleasing art-style and animations. Very hot and kinky kinks done well. Main female character is hot, fun, innocent, strong onee-chan. (older sister). Lot of npc’s had fun interactions and fairy enjoyable conversations. Plus some seem to have fun backstory. Some minor details and their dialogues/monologues were also quite fun. I do hope future versions will keep at tease fun.

Edit 06.10.20
    Re-played it on 0.7
    Still low the slow/low corruption although it took few sudden jumps with scenes I weren't. But other than that I hope this game will be eventually finished with lot of scenes being added.

Biggest complaint I have is when you done something first time. (a.k.a bat cave) I would expect a shortcut or entrance script changing to directly bathhouse. Because it's rather obnoxious to run through multiple cave levels to reach bathhouse every time. Basically I hope travel-time will be fixed along the way.

Next time I plan to play is when game gets finished and if and when it does. I hope it comes to steam so I can buy it.
    8/10
  17. 4.00 star(s)

Ruodger

I liked everything like it was done, except death in the fights ... since it is to lose virginity to the kingpin, she could be abused ... fingers, tongues, tits, mouths and throat. I suppose you can do a lot with it, without having to kill it. Only reason for not having 5 stars.
  18. 1.00 star(s)

YuriiH

So promising at the start of development, but giving up to a willing slavery, voluntary drinking with slave masters, and mandatory loosing virginity to the Bandit Boss--is just so trite, corny and boring. The future of the story in this visual-novel-style game becomes sooooo blatant--tons of such pseudo-games exist!
    1 star for the death of all hopes.

P. S. Apparently, the demon did not put a Curse of Pleasure, but a Curse of Tedious Pleasure & Marked Stupidity.
  19. 3.00 star(s)

ilovenudemods

So I played the new content. There's some good, some bad, and some ugly. I've ripped this game apart in the last weeks in the comments, so now it's time to get into it. I'll keep this short.

The good:

The art. Rannero is top notch in his artwork. The drawings, the animations, the cum...All beautifully done. Seriously top tier art in the world of adult games. Yuuki is smoking hot.

The bad:

The grinding. Nearly all of the game is a grind. Which I get to a certain extent...But there's only so much tit grabbing one can endure before wanting something else. There is 1 hardcore scene in the .5 release. I won't give spoilers here, but don't expect much in terms of actual sex. By the time you FINALLY get where you want to be, the content ends.

You also need the btc.sizer to make the game bigger and in windowed mode, a decently sized annoyance for a game being made in 2018.

The ugly:

The kids. Granted, this is tagged shota (which I had to google to figure out the description of...don't do that, btw) but there are way too many scenes involving kids. No, they are not sex scenes, but they still are not needed, add nothing to the story, feel gross, and honestly make me want to never visit this title again. Ew. Rannero needs to sway focus away from that and have Yuuki get into more issues with people of her age or older.

All in all, as it stands, this is a 3/5, simply because of the artwork and animations. It's a clone of another game I saw on here called "Sangeki of Gear" in a ton of ways, just updated.

The absolute best thing Rannero and his crew could do now is to release more content within the next month, and continue it. If he waits another 9 months (previous update was in January 2018 before 0.5 dropped) this game is dead in the water. He also needs to decide how far he's going to take the storyline with the children of the game. Little bits of comedic relief involving naughty neighborhood kids is one thing, but taking this much further and you're getting into some weird territory I don't even want on my computer. Even as it stands, 0.5 has already been deleted.
  20. 3.00 star(s)

EdgeOfShadow

When it comes to potential, progression and art i would give 5 stars, all these aspects are great.

What sucks in this game is RUNNING THROUGH "EMPTY" MAPS FOR 60-80% OF THE GAME TIME.

This review is for v0.4b, even with wasting so much time it would be quite good experience, but the content ends right before fun begins.

Overall great potential and im looking forward to the next version, current one is just a demo.