• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

NyaaRrar

Jan 18, 2019
There's no sex scenes.. Like tf? There's genuinely no sex scenes. Like it's all implied but nothing is shown.
The purpose is to see a man say this and revel in the story.

1714671146624.png 1714671241660.png

Edit: While going through the game I found this line of text.

1714700109544.png

What the fuck is the story behind this? Were there more explicit scenes in this game that were edited out somewhere, in translation or in development itself? Or is this a translation joke or joke put in by the developers?

Last edited:

lalapolpolpol

Feb 26, 2018
Oh i remember playing this game using good ol' Machine Translation around 1 year ago. Frankly, i remember fapping very little as i became genuinely interested in following the situations caused by each TF (Not helped by the lack of explicit pee-pee to wee-wee sex), but it did give me quite a good wank with that harpy impregnation scene.

kyuven

Sep 29, 2019
View attachment 3597823

What the fuck is the story behind this? Were there more explicit scenes in this game that were edited out somewhere, in translation or in development itself? Or is this a translation joke or joke put in by the developers?
I have a theory that the author didn't want to get in trouble for the loli stuff so chickened out at the last minute. The fact that the loli succubus, dragon, and vampire routes *exist* and are quite detailed but somehow have less content, plus the fact the splash image above shows a loli-ish Alraune but the final product's alraune is a fair bit bustier and is the only form with a single ending...
Cuz there are quite a few points in the story where it SEEMS like sex is about to take place but something else happens. For example, in the elf route you're about to get the typical "two guys are about to gangbang the elf" scene, but then they back off because they don't want to damage the merchandise.
There are a number of reasons why this would happen. I know a few websites on the JP side have started cracking down on sexual content so maybe the author just got skittish.

ryuujinx

Dec 30, 2020
The usual answer to this issue is to have multiple characters.

If I want to add more monster girl TFs I'd just make a freakin' sequel lol
Yeah from a scope perspective that's a much more reasonable approach, and I'm sure you could make a good game out of it - but I also feel like it's a different vibe. Things like this is some generic mc everydude that you control and then end up getting TFed. There's a bit of self-projection fantasy in there, or just connecting to the single character that it happens to depending on perspective. With multiple party members you run the risk of reducing the TFs to what feel like a game mechanic. "Ah I need to get past this boss, so the busty one over there needs to turn into the alruaune" sort of loses the impact.

kyuven

Sep 29, 2019
Yeah from a scope perspective that's a much more reasonable approach, and I'm sure you could make a good game out of it - but I also feel like it's a different vibe. Things like this is some generic mc everydude that you control and then end up getting TFed. There's a bit of self-projection fantasy in there, or just connecting to the single character that it happens to depending on perspective. With multiple party members you run the risk of reducing the TFs to what feel like a game mechanic. "Ah I need to get past this boss, so the busty one over there needs to turn into the alruaune" sort of loses the impact.
It's all in the framing.
One idea I had is that the MCs are all isekai'd (or just...get on a boat and end up in the area. The mechanism isn't super important) and CANNOT leave the area, and the area is forbidden for humans to live in.

So it's not really a question of "I need to get past this boss so the busty one over there needs to turn into an alraune" and more "We're all gonna be monsters eventually, it's just our behavior and personalities that determine which we become."

Of course you can have some subversions as well: The aforementioned "Beatrice" could become a beegirl in the story, but up until she eats that honey her personality seems to be taking her down the "ogre" route. And this could be the first one that happens to establish that things aren't going to be cut and dry, that it's part of their character: "Beatrice" is brutish and violent, but she's also self-sacrificing and heroic. She gives up a path that would've left her mostly "human" in favor of a truly alien experience in order to save her friends from a worse fate. MAYBE she even drinks the honey so that another party member, who fits the "profile" for beegirls but has severe entomophobia, doesn't have to.

That's one of the advantages of using multiple characters, you can see different approaches to the changes rather than needing to "blandify" the protagonist or have him/her reacting the exact same way to every TF. In addition it's a very "have your cake and eat it too" because some players like characters that are into it, and others like characters that feel forced into it, and you can have both in the game.

Which I think works better and has more stakes than the "Shantae" or "CoC" approach of running around and collecting TFs to complete puzzles, which is what ends up happening if you have a single MC and a ton of TFs.

ryuujinx

Dec 30, 2020
It's all in the framing.

That's one of the advantages of using multiple characters, you can see different approaches to the changes rather than needing to "blandify" the protagonist or have him/her reacting the exact same way to every TF. In addition it's a very "have your cake and eat it too" because some players like characters that are into it, and others like characters that feel forced into it, and you can have both in the game.
Honestly yeah, I rather like that approach too. With good enough writing you could definitely hit the mark on it all, and can still allow some minor branching to allow people to get what they like. Don't like when it's forced? You can have some choices on guiding the characters towards wanting to embrace it or not. This reduces the state logic to a much more manageable level (Basically amounting to a few flags of if they like it or not, really). It also gives a convenient avenue for some character development in the form of inter-party chats post-TF, since one of the things these games are almost universally guilty of is the character just instantly being totally okay with it and having basically no development after.

The main reason I was drawn to my open ended multi-faction approach is that the world building and writing part of that is fun for me. I like world building, so writing how these different factions behave and their specific cultures, how they feel about other factions is enjoyable. (This is likely why I have ended up being the DM in TTRPGS for my friends for like 2 fuckin decades now... someday I'll get to play all these character ideas I have). It's just when I sit down and consider the technical aspect that makes me groan. Plus the engines all suck. RPGM is a mess, Ren'Py is *fine* if you're doing minor branching in a VN style but quickly breaks down at anything more, and Twine is... ugh, you can make it work but I'll just say I have a lot of respect for the people that manage to make good games out of that garbage.

NyaaRrar

Jan 18, 2019
RPGM is a mess
Let me fix this for you. RPG maker is in fact an RPG maker. The more flags and integers you use the more complex things get. If you want a dozen different interlocked systems that is a mess you as a developer made. If you want to go from point A to point B with a hero in RPG maker the engine has you covered. If you want point A while the character is an orc to give you a flag that enables you to go point C then you have to code that yourself. If you want a plugin that keeps count of transformations and manages your character's state you need to code that. Because these scenarios for TFs are so hyper-specific that making this happen is on the part of the individual(s). Lastly there are plugins that have been developed in multiple languages, lots are in English, and lots more are in other languages. If you want to make something, the responsibility for managing the scope, and needs are solely on you as the developer.

Now back to the game here I just wanted to say I really liked the Vampire's area for really showcasing what this game does. You can see the character's personality changes easily. From the minor interactable items to the main puzzles. (ditto to the kitsune's area) The mirror showing his personality spirit becoming a her is the area's highlight and Kiyohiko fading into Kiyoka's shows this games strengths. In fact there's a lot of mirrors in this game. The one area that there isn't in final state is one where she completely loses his individuality and becomes one of the harpy's flock.
Why I gave this game 5 stars is in the town if you head back there when you can. All of the NPCs react to the character's current state, that takes a level of dedication not seen in many realized projects. And you can see where the developer draw lines at when the workload could have become to much.

ryuujinx

Dec 30, 2020
If you want point A while the character is an orc to give you a flag that enables you to go point C then you have to code that yourself.
See, this is exactly why I call it a mess. Not that you need to code it yourself, but that doing coding is a mess. RPG Maker has no concept of scope. Variables are global, in all cases. This works *okay* if you have a mostly linear game, just name things halfway sanely and you can just flip the flags as the player moves along the rails. If you want to do anything remotely complex though, it breaks down. You're correct that it does what it advertises, that does not change that making things in it can quickly become a mess. This same issue exists in Ren'Py, where it will handle minor branching just fine but anything more and especially any systems you try to jam into the thing, also makes it turn into a mess very quickly.

The best option would be to write it in Godot(Or Unity, I guess), but then you're adding on a bunch of extra work in things like asset creation, as well as creating entire systems for things as simple as talking to an NPC.

Anyway, that's enough derailing out of me. For the game itself (And the Monster TS Game ones over on TFGames, for that matter) I thought it was enjoyable. I quite liked the Kitsune route, though I would honestly have preferred fewer routes that had more depth. Taking the Kitsune route for instance, there's basically a single large puzzle to solve and depending on how well (Or poorly) you solve it, you get a different ending. I thought said endings were pretty good and had a nice variety of cute to lewd, but I felt like there was some missing between the "oh no I'm stuck like this" and the epilogue of how they lived their life after the fact.

kyuven

Sep 29, 2019
Honestly yeah, I rather like that approach too. With good enough writing you could definitely hit the mark on it all, and can still allow some minor branching to allow people to get what they like. Don't like when it's forced? You can have some choices on guiding the characters towards wanting to embrace it or not. This reduces the state logic to a much more manageable level (Basically amounting to a few flags of if they like it or not, really). It also gives a convenient avenue for some character development in the form of inter-party chats post-TF, since one of the things these games are almost universally guilty of is the character just instantly being totally okay with it and having basically no development after.
Yeah it's always a bit off-putting when characters are suddenly totally OK with their entire being being physically altered possibly forever. This game we're in the thread for actually addresses this, but since each route is a one-off it's basically the same reaction each time except the succubus route: "Oh no my DIIIIIICK!"
But seriously to this game's EXTREME credit it handles the after effects of TFs pretty well. Sometimes the body changes but that's it (elf, the "good" succubus endings, the a couple of the mermaid endings), sometimes it's a body and PARTIAL mind alteration (dragon, fox spirit, some of the vampire ones) and sometimes it's a complete mind-body alteration (alraune, the "full" TFs for most of the routes, etc.)
Anyway, I think it's also worth looking into how different characters have different feelings about their TFs. Like, is there a mind control aspect? Is it just a new body? Is the character totally fine with one aspect (example: being immortal and REALLY pretty) but not another ("OH NO MY DIIIIICK!") Since my personal fetish involves the "change" aspect I see merit in all of them...though I do like characters slowly embracing the change, just how they go about it can be different.

The main reason I was drawn to my open ended multi-faction approach is that the world building and writing part of that is fun for me. I like world building, so writing how these different factions behave and their specific cultures, how they feel about other factions is enjoyable. (This is likely why I have ended up being the DM in TTRPGS for my friends for like 2 fuckin decades now... someday I'll get to play all these character ideas I have). It's just when I sit down and consider the technical aspect that makes me groan. Plus the engines all suck. RPGM is a mess, Ren'Py is *fine* if you're doing minor branching in a VN style but quickly breaks down at anything more, and Twine is... ugh, you can make it work but I'll just say I have a lot of respect for the people that manage to make good games out of that garbage.
Big fan of world building myself as well. And yeah it IS hard to find mechanisms. I tried Twine myself and yeah it's a mess if you want different values.
RPGM would actually work fairly well it just wouldn't be the most ambitious thing around.
Not having coding knowledge is the bane of TF fetishists all over, cuz damn do the games we like require it. And art. Lots of art.

NyaaRrar

Jan 18, 2019
Anyway, I think it's also worth looking into how different characters have different feelings about their TFs. Like, is there a mind control aspect? Is it just a new body? Is the character totally fine with one aspect (example: being immortal and REALLY pretty) but not another ("OH NO MY DIIIIICK!") Since my personal fetish involves the "change" aspect I see merit in all of them...though I do like characters slowly embracing the change, just how they go about it can be different.

Big fan of world building myself as well. And yeah it IS hard to find mechanisms. I tried Twine myself and yeah it's a mess if you want different values.
RPGM would actually work fairly well it just wouldn't be the most ambitious thing around.
Not having coding knowledge is the bane of TF fetishists all over, cuz damn do the games we like require it. And art. Lots of art.
On the first point of this quote I made here. Just as a writer you don't now how many 'variables' change with character changing races. As someone dabbling with fanfic just changing out one character changes how all events would occur to some degree. My favorite detail in the game if you go down the brat succubus path suddenly everyone who was transformed has difficulties with their height and everything being sized for an adult male. (We can't reach the tables, unloading things from boxes is hard, and tiresome with this height) Indeed writing is the silent killer for a lot of this sub-genre of game. Most games completely ignore the detail your character is now a different race. At most the race you are will suddenly go, 'Hey you're one of us. Here is 5% discount on the house.' Let alone mentioning how different arms or legs would affect them. (not mentioning the changes in muscle density and strength)
Baggy clothes getting in the way, armours not fitting right, hands or arms not giving proper reach for equipment such as melee weapons, guns, or shields and so on. If you check your equipment or skills in this game you see them change when your race changes. On top that the MC's HP and MP reserves are adjusted as well.
So onto that second point it's less about work and more about taming the scope of your ambitions. Just in this game we have scenarios written about how the MC deals with aspects such as vampires are weakened by sunlight, how large breasts interfere with tasks, how mental memories or muscle memory are partially retained through TFs. The scope is absolutely unfathomable and needs to scaled to manageable task coding wise and writing.

3.60 star(s) 9 Votes