Caiatris

Jul 13, 2018
I won't lie, we could use one. On this note if anyone spot typos or grammatical errors please let us know and we'll fix it in the next version.

View attachment 649094
I sometimes feel like submitting corrections to text, and I'm really enjoying what you've done with this game so far, so feel free to contact me if you'd like me to proofread anything.

Reactions: lionmc

nhel

Feb 26, 2018
here is my unofficial android port of The Mind Society 0.4b + COMPRESSED

Reactions: Lashabi
Sep 1, 2017
Damn, that's a pretty great 18th birthday for the MC.
Mind control powers, a somewhat understanding sister, being picked up by a hooker with the option to be tied up for people who like that and a super realistic vision of fucking Cleopatra.

Also sweet jesus, everyone has a bombshell body and as muscle lover the sister is perfect especially since she has real muscles and not just toned abs. :love:

My only complain at this point is the illusion of choice. Right now they boil down to experience another (hot) scene or skip it while the story seems to be progress the same way anyway. I acted like an ass while save scumming and was curious if she something would happen to me especially since the driver has a gun but nothing. All choices lead to the same path more or less.

Anyway i'm looking forward how this game develops.

Reactions: Caiatris and lionmc

Starklim

Feb 12, 2018
does someone knows when the true 0.4 version will be released ? apparently that one is just a demo and not the 0.4 version right ?

lionmc

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Damn, that's a pretty great 18th birthday for the MC.
Mind control powers, a somewhat understanding sister, being picked up by a hooker with the option to be tied up for people who like that and a super realistic vision of fucking Cleopatra.

Also sweet jesus, everyone has a bombshell body and as muscle lover the sister is perfect especially since she has real muscles and not just toned abs. :love:

My only complain at this point is the illusion of choice. Right now they boil down to experience another (hot) scene or skip it while the story seems to be progress the same way anyway. I acted like an ass while save scumming and was curious if she something would happen to me especially since the driver has a gun but nothing. All choices lead to the same path more or less.

Anyway i'm looking forward how this game develops.
Thanks. The illusion of choice is a bit of an issue with a lot of video-games and even more so on games produced on a limited budget like ours. The good news is that starting with our next chapter rather then a "get the hot scene or not" choice we will have more of a "get hot scene A or hot scene B" situation; choices will also start to count toward different events down the road. Also we don't want to create a game that punish the player, there are no game overs, none of those "oh no, I hit the wrong option now I'll have to replay the annoying mini-game!" that just force the player to reload continuously or mash that "back" button; we want the player to be able to sit back and enjoy the ride, to feel free to make nonsensical decisions just for the kick of it and maybe even get unexpected rewards for that.
Anyway it's all down the line; hopefully we'll get lots of support and we'll be able to create the game we envision.

gifsignature60fr.gif

Kevinm2501

Apr 24, 2020
I must confess I am a bit confused by all the hatred for Papyrus :unsure: It's a cute font and it fits the recurring "Ancient Egypt" theme of the game; are you saying it's overused?

View attachment 649564
The Reason why papyrus is mainly disliked is due to the fact that is wrongfully over used in bad designs. For starters it has bad font pairs, meaning that its hard for it to pair with any other font. Its kerning and ligatures are bad due to the fact that they are very distracting and not subtle. Good design in fonts means that a font is recognizable but it doesn't take away from the legibility which papyrus tends to do. The reason papyrus is used incorrectly is because papyrus was not meant to be used for headline or copy text, but rather it was supposed to be used in environmental design. Due to all of these thing papyrus is never used for in technical design and is looked down upon in the professional level.

Reactions: Jaxter and lionmc

lionmc

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
The Reason why papyrus is mainly disliked is due to the fact that is wrongfully over used in bad designs. For starters it has bad font pairs, meaning that its hard for it to pair with any other font. Its kerning and ligatures are bad due to the fact that they are very distracting and not subtle. Good design in fonts means that a font is recognizable but it doesn't take away from the legibility which papyrus tends to do. The reason papyrus is used incorrectly is because papyrus was not meant to be used for headline or copy text, but rather it was supposed to be used in environmental design. Due to all of these thing papyrus is never used for in technical design and is looked down upon in the professional level.
Uhmmm, that's interesting. So if I wanted an Egyptian-ish kind of font what would you suggest?

gifsignature60fr.gif

Kevinm2501

Apr 24, 2020
Uhmmm, that's interesting. So if I wanted an Egyptian-ish kind of font what would you suggest?

View attachment 651050
Alright, here is a couple. Aniron, Requeim, Laconick-NormalA, Becker, Calorus FG, and Grismonda FG.
And some pairings could be (Header comes first, copy text second). Requiem-Aniron, Grismonda FG-Calorus, Becker-LaconickNormalA. I really think that this game has a lot of potential and I wish the best for its success.

Reactions: Jaxter and lionmc

lionmc

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
Alright, here is a couple. Aniron, Requeim, Laconick-NormalA, Becker, Calorus FG, and Grismonda FG.
And some pairings could be (Header comes first, copy text second). Requiem-Aniron, Grismonda FG-Calorus, Becker-LaconickNormalA. I really think that this game has a lot of potential and I wish the best for its success.
Thank you, the Grismonda Font is probably the closer one to what we have in mind. We'll experiment with it a bit.

gifsignature60fr.gif

Reactions: Kevinm2501

hasan234

Apr 25, 2020
does someone knows when the true 0.4 version will be released ? apparently that one is just a demo and not the 0.4 version right ?
This is the first release so should be .1, not sure why it's called .4, maybe the dev doesn't see .4 as 40% complete

laflare82

Dec 24, 2018
It's so damn hilarious how Devs try to explain why incest, rape, mind control is normal :LOL: it's so damn funny my lord. 1st it's ok to fuq your mom, then it's ok to force yourself on someone that's clearly telling you no they find you repulsive and unattractive and dont want you, now it's ok to control someones every though and actions make them do exactly what you want even if the 100% of the time wouldn't because they dont want your lame, low selfesteem unattractive ass nowhere near them.:ROFLMAO: This shit is to die for.

Saturn

Jun 10, 2017
Really enjoyed it but very surprised at the lack of content for a 0.4, I have played many 0.1's on here that had more content.

Reactions: Kalrotix

lionmc

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2018
It's so damn hilarious how Devs try to explain why incest, rape, mind control is normal :LOL: it's so damn funny my lord. 1st it's ok to fuq your mom, then it's ok to force yourself on someone that's clearly telling you no they find you repulsive and unattractive and dont want you, now it's ok to control someones every though and actions make them do exactly what you want even if the 100% of the time wouldn't because they dont want your lame, low selfesteem unattractive ass nowhere near them.:ROFLMAO: This shit is to die for.
I would't think about it too much, it's a fantasy; if in the real world there was a billionaire flying around in a supersuit and building killer robots I doubt we would be cheering for him. This said there is only one person that seem A-ok with the whole thing in the game and you have to consider who is talking, not exactly the most clear minded individual. Finally people in real life are Extremely good at justifying horrible things that works to their advantage, think of all the philosophical waxing that is been done historically to justify stuff as slavery, war and genocide. If this was a real thing the people benefiting from it would come up with all sort of reasons why this is just how things should be; luckily is not a real thing; it is a work of fiction and is meant to be enjoyed as such... much like the flying billionaire.

gifsignature60fr.gif

4.40 star(s) 127 Votes