VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 37 Votes

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
We do get some history when MC and Kaija discuss their relationship in the Templar HQ. Depending on what choices you take, determines what Kaija says and its condemning. I found that eye opening. I'm not going to go in to it too much. Kaija has been flogged to death.
Oh nooo....please....

Flog away! Your dark lord demands it!

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
"I love mythology....spent a lot of my free time on research.
...love exploring unknown, unraveling puzzles, and deciphering hidden meanings.
...can't get away from the stories about ancient gods. Or the illuminati and freemasons...
...people usually tell me I'm chasing fairy tales...
My dad and I were actually always of one mind. He always supported me. Except in this case. He absolutely hated it."

On its own, that could just be hobby. Cute but harmless.
In game context, above is literally her about to end up learning about Neverwhere.
So you are correct, my wording was wrong, she never says she's researching Neverwhere.

But while she never names it directly, above is basically "Do you encourage this girl to learn more, effectively putting her in danger, or tell her to drop her hobby?".
I don't see how above can end up anything else but her learning about about Neverwhere.

Medb absolutely tries to trick MC. But guess which choices give affection points with her? Not being an idiot ones.
She offers deals and honors them. Changing deals because you got greedy? Oh, Elves will absolutely scam the shit out of you.
But on surface? Deal is a deal. Don't change it on the fly and you're good.

Way more trustworthy than any Templar shown so far. Yes, that includes mommy dear. Lying bitch...
yeah, it's inevitable that Elea will be introduced to neverwhere and all the legends she craves. and that will be a real test for her relationship and loyalty with MC, i'm sure.

still Medb baits the MC into changing the deal. and she doesn't like it if he falls for it, but we don't know if it's because Kaija intervenes and Medb gets a spike of jealousy, or if she is just disappointed that MC falls for it so easily :)
not falling for it doesn't give affection, you just don't lose anything.

I read that as she should not get close to anyone, not specifically MC. :unsure:
yeah that's one of the possibility i thought about too. but being part of a prominent family with huge influence over the world and neverwhere, she is bound to have had access to information about the templars and the family of the grandmaster. and when MC tells her the whole truth, she is not surprised that he is the son of the grandmaster. she would not be surprised about neverwere and the templar stuff, but if she didn't know who MC is, she should be surprised about finding it out at the very least.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
yeah, it's inevitable that Elea will be introduced to neverwhere and all the legends she craves. and that will be a real test for her relationship and loyalty with MC, i'm sure.

still Medb baits the MC into changing the deal. and she doesn't like it if he falls for it, but we don't know if it's because Kaija intervenes and Medb gets a spike of jealousy, or if she is just disappointed that MC falls for it so easily :)
not falling for it doesn't give affection, you just don't lose anything.

yeah that's one of the possibility i thought about too. but being part of a prominent family with huge influence over the world and neverwhere, she is bound to have had access to information about the templars and the family of the grandmaster. and when MC tells her the whole truth, she is not surprised that he is the son of the grandmaster. she would not be surprised about neverwere and the templar stuff, but if she didn't know who MC is, she should be surprised about finding it out at the very least.
One of the reasons I lean towards Elea is her and the MC don't know much about the reality of Neverwhere and the rest of that world. MC and Elea will be able to do a lot of that exploring together. Fiona already knows so she is going to be a leader for the MC as is Medb probably. I find the idea of Elea and the MC exploring a lot of that world together rather appealing for my MC. That may not work out to be the case, who knows, but that is the way it looks to me at the moment.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
We do get some history when MC and Kaija discuss their relationship in the Templar HQ. Depending on what choices you take, determines what Kaija says and its condemning. I found that eye opening. I'm not going to go in to it too much. Kaija has been flogged to death.
actually, we don't. our choices only set up her feelings for MC and the status of their relationship. but knowing the details of the relationship, how invested she was, how invested MC actually was, their commitment, what they actually sacrficed for each other, their first everything, etc.
on the love path, she said she grew to love him, but didn't at first. we don't know what that really means. maybe she did love him but was too young and immature to recognize and acknowledge it. or maybe she really did force herself at first and then something clicked.
was it just a friendship with benefits for her all along ?
on the friendship and rejection paths, it was. it was just "business", even. but the details for the love path could change the mind of a major part of the players.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
One of the reasons I lean towards Elea is her and the MC don't know much about the reality of Neverwhere and the rest of that world. MC and Elea will be able to do a lot of that exploring together. Fiona already knows so she is going to be a leader for the MC as is Medb probably. I find the idea of Elea and the MC exploring a lot of that world together rather appealing for my MC. That may not work out to be the case, who knows, but that is the way it looks to me at the moment.
so it's because Elea will be his equal ?
for Fiona and Medb, maybe they will be MC's guide, just like Kaija can be too, but I don't think they will try to "lead" him. he is set up as a wildcard for everyone in the alternate world.

Medb is even bound to try to trip the MC at every turn, for her own amusement.

I found it a bit frustrating that a MC that is supposed to be calm and cold in his decisions the player made could not stop Medb during the Life debt deal being made. He should be able to calm everything down and ask what she is talking about. even if it ends up the same, as MC is still naive, and he would still trade a life for a life and nothing more ("doing the right thing"), he could still set up clear terms for the exchange for example.
while a hotheaded MC would be just tricked into it like it happened in the game.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
actually, we don't. our choices only set up her feelings for MC and the status of their relationship. but knowing the details of the relationship, how invested she was, how invested MC actually was, their commitment, what they actually sacrficed for each other, their first everything, etc.
on the love path, she said she grew to love him, but didn't at first. we don't know what that really means. maybe she did love him but was too young and immature to recognize and acknowledge it. or maybe she really did force herself at first and then something clicked.
was it just a friendship with benefits for her all along ?
on the friendship and rejection paths, it was. it was just "business", even. but the details for the love path could change the mind of a major part of the players.
Well now we are debating semantics. What you said here IS discussing their relationship. You don't think so, okay, we will just have to agree to disagree on that one.

so it's because Elea will be his equal ?
for Fiona and Medb, maybe they will be MC's guide, just like Kaija can be too, but I don't think they will try to "lead" him. he is set up as a wildcard for everyone in the alternate world.

Medb is even bound to try to trip the MC at every turn, for her own amusement.

I found it a bit frustrating that a MC that is supposed to be calm and cold in his decisions the player made could not stop Medb during the Life debt deal being made. He should be able to calm everything down and ask what she is talking about. even if it ends up the same, as MC is still naive, and he would still trade a life for a life and nothing more ("doing the right thing"), he could still set up clear terms for the exchange for example.
while a hotheaded MC would be just tricked into it like it happened in the game.
No, its not about Elea being an equal, its about exploring something together and sharing new experiences together. Its romantic and I love doing those things with my wife and seeing her wonder as we discover things together. She feels the same way. Nothing to do with equal or being superior, etc, its just romance and so much more fun.

I agree about Medb, she is likely to be a handful for the MC. It will be fun how that evolves.

I just put the life debt incident down to the MC being way out of his depth and in shock. I think anyone would be mind blown in that situation. I get your point though, and yes Ceolag could have done it that way, certainly.

Reactions: HiP1 and Maviarab

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
Well now we are debating semantics. What you said here IS discussing their relationship. You don't think so, okay, we will just have to agree to disagree on that one.

No, its not about Elea being an equal, its about exploring something together and sharing new experiences together. Its romantic and I love doing those things with my wife and seeing her wonder as we discover things together. She feels the same way. Nothing to do with equal or being superior, etc, its just romance and so much more fun.

I agree about Medb, she is likely to be a handful for the MC. It will be fun how that evolves.

I just put the life debt incident down to the MC being way out of his depth and in shock. I think anyone would be mind blown in that situation. I get your point though, and yes Ceolag could have done it that way, certainly.
There's nothing to debate here. She owed him, she also took advantage of him being clueless. HiP is just argumentative for the sake of it at times, just exactly wtf was the MC to do in that situation? Exactly what he did and Medb used that to her advantage.

It was perfectly scripted, showed her character and showed just how clueless the MC really is about the world around him and how out of his depth he is.

frogbert

Oct 15, 2018
I wouldn't run: I'd probably cum at the same time - a proper creampie for my best girl. ;)
Yeah right! I wouldn't creampie her with somebody else's dick. She thinks she owns MC and I wouldn't put it past her to baby trap him if she feels threatened.

Like: "Oh by the way it looks like we had an accident, good news though we're pregnant!"
"Well I'm not totally sure but maybe the condom ripped when I cut it with scissors and stuck it back in."

Okay so she hasn't boiled any bunnies (on screen) but that's exactly what makes her so sus. It's just weird how she's obviously completely bonded to him but never says or asks anything about his side of the separation. A real girl who was that attached and drove her man away (by trying to help him, no less) would be insecure, angry, probably ugly crying into her chocolate ice cream every night.

And he never asks her either! Is he really that unworried that she would stray? If so, why isn't she pissed off that he's taking her for granted? Even Elea and Fiona are far more possessive than she is. Maybe it's just that the dev is avoiding the whole thing because he wants to give MC space to date and realizes that the premise of the story makes that really awkward.

I mean do what you want but don't come crying to me if she goes to clean up afterwards and you hear her rooting around in the bathroom trash can!

Last edited:

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Yeah right! I wouldn't creampie her with somebody else's dick. She thinks she owns MC and I wouldn't put it past her to baby trap him if she feels threatened.

Like: "Oh by the way it looks like we had an accident, good news though we're pregnant!"
"Well I'm not totally sure but maybe condom ripped when I cut it with scissors and stuck it back in."

Okay so she hasn't boiled any bunnies (on screen) but that's exactly what makes her so sus. It's just weird how she's obviously completely bonded to him but never says or asks anything about his side of the separation. A real girl who was that attached and drove her man away (by trying to help him, no less) would be insecure, angry, probably ugly crying into her chocolate ice cream every night.

And he never asks her either! Is he really that unworried that she would stray? If so, why isn't she pissed off that he's taking her for granted? Even Elea and Fiona are far more possessive than she is. Maybe it's just that the dev is avoiding the whole thing because he wants to give MC space to date and realizes that the premise of the story makes that really awkward.

I mean do what you want but don't come crying to me if she goes to the clean up afterwards and you hear her rooting around in the bathroom trash can!
Two words - DNA TEST

Unless you're on the Kaija love path she doesn't love the MC so why would she stay faithful. In Neverwhere outside the bar, there is a hint there she was rather free with her body when the mission required it. I personally wouldn't trust her unless on the Kaija path and then I would still get a DNA Test. I'm interested to see where Ceolag goes with Kaija since she responds differently on different paths.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023

"Well I'm not totally sure but maybe condom ripped when I cut it with scissors and stuck it back in."

I mean do what you want but don't come crying to me if she goes to the clean up afterwards and you hear her rooting around in the bathroom trash can!
#Yawn

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
yeah, that's what equal means in that context. they both discover everything fresh and blind together. in contrast to all the other LIs who know much more than MC.

There's nothing to debate here. She owed him, she also took advantage of him being clueless. HiP is just argumentative for the sake of it at times, just exactly wtf was the MC to do in that situation? Exactly what he did and Medb used that to her advantage.

It was perfectly scripted, showed her character and showed just how clueless the MC really is about the world around him and how out of his depth he is.
yeah, you're right. it's just a minor detail. but it would have added meaning to building that cold vs hotheaded stat.
and Medb does react to MC being calm and collected in their first meeting. so in that moment, it could have added more to their relationship if MC used it in that moment. argumentative for the sake of it, sure, but it would have been more interesting to me at the very least :)
we already know MC is clueless, it's the whole premise of the game, and the whole reason he is there at that moment. there was no need to hammer it again.
just a missed opportunity for more flavor on a Medb route.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
My guess is that Eleas secret is that she belogs to the "Mage" lore, as the forth faction, but that is just a hunch or a wild guess, it would fit her profile quite well, since she is the one who knows the legends and as she said is researching quite a time.

frogbert

Oct 15, 2018
Medb still tries to trick and deceive MC. even if it is because she is interested in him and does it playfully, it's still not trustworthy at all.
My interpretation was that the "trick" was more of a formality than anything malicious. Like, in their culture they do this kind of thing all the time and it's just expected that the one side will give you the chance to trip over your own feet if you want to. If she was really trying to fool him she would have had some crafty way of presenting the option, or tried to confuse him or tempt him somehow. As it is she just kind of threw it out there expecting nothing to come of it. She seems like a plain dealer, at least, and I doubt the kidnapping was her idea.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Two words - DNA TEST

Unless you're on the Kaija love path she doesn't love the MC so why would she stay faithful. In Neverwhere outside the bar, there is a hint there she was rather free with her body when the mission required it. I personally wouldn't trust her unless on the Kaija path and then I would still get a DNA Test. I'm interested to see where Ceolag goes with Kaija since she responds differently on different paths.
He has already emphatically said she never did anything sexual with anyone else.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
My interpretation was that the "trick" was more of a formality than anything malicious. Like, in their culture they do this kind of thing all the time and it's just expected that the one side will give you the chance to trip over your own feet if you want to. If she was really trying to fool him she would have had some crafty way of presenting the option, or tried to confuse him or tempt him somehow. As it is she just kind of threw it out there expecting nothing to come of it. She seems like a plain dealer, at least, and I doubt the kidnapping was her idea.
she did trick him when she sealed the life debt deal. she forced him into the deal, and deceived him, as she knew he didn't know anything. she didn't give him the chance to make a proper deal and negotiate. sure, she thinks she won a bit in that deal, but it also undervalued her own life, indirectly, insulting herself :D
the templars warned MC that the Elves would try to trick him out of the deal and make him ask for more. if they didn't warn him beforehand, the way Medb phrased it, it could be seen as a real deception, with malicious intent (as it would make the deal null and void), it would make it seem like MC made the request to change the deal if he fell for it.
also, she tries to trick him again multiple times by asking if the deal is now done even though she knows the requirements are not met.
it was not a playful cultural thing at all. it was a battle in itself. even if she didn't try her hardest to win because she has a soft spot for humans and MC in particular, she did try a few moves for her side to come out on top. the life debt is supposed to be an honorable ancient tradition, and the fact that the Elves still tried to deceive MC with it is malicious and ill intent. at least, that's how I see it :)

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
she did trick him when she sealed the life debt deal. she forced him into the deal, and deceived him, as she knew he didn't know anything. she didn't give him the chance to make a proper deal and negotiate. sure, she thinks she won a bit in that deal, but it also undervalued her own life, indirectly, insulting herself :D
the templars warned MC that the Elves would try to trick him out of the deal and make him ask for more. if they didn't warn him beforehand, the way Medb phrased it, it could be seen as a real deception, with malicious intent (as it would make the deal null and void), it would make it seem like MC made the request to change the deal if he fell for it.
also, she tries to trick him again multiple times by asking if the deal is now done even though she knows the requirements are not met.
it was not a playful cultural thing at all. it was a battle in itself. even if she didn't try her hardest to win because she has a soft spot for humans and MC in particular, she did try a few moves for her side to come out on top. the life debt is supposed to be an honorable ancient tradition, and the fact that the Elves still tried to deceive MC with it is malicious and ill intent. at least, that's how I see it :)
NeverTrustElf.jpg
They're all just waiting for an opportunity to screw you over. And they'll make out like you brought it on yourself. :sneaky::LOL:

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
Jokes on her because hes her future husband anyways. :LOL:

4.40 star(s) 37 Votes