• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM Partial [Translation Request] Apprentice Merchant Michael (RJ370299) [Poncondou] (Mega Download)

frosty5689

Mar 22, 2022
Anyone cleared the game yet? Wondering if there is a bug from the MTL version. Got stuck and can't figure out how to progress

loki1314

Jun 16, 2017
Here's a slightly edited DeepL/Google hybrid MTL for v1.0 (the version from the OP) including scripts/plugins and edited pictures to translate picture based text. (The menus and maps.)
This will not work for any other version because the decryption key for the pictures changes.

Known issues:
Floating map text not translated. (The labels on Buildings.)
If there is serious demand for this I'll do that in an update, but it's extremely tedious and annoying to do.
Some new dumb system put [VIRUS] in front of my file here.
Here's a virustotal scan, I guess encrypted pictures are too scary for "MaxSecure":
View attachment 1909910

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Providing a save just before the problem occurs would drastically increase the speed of the fixing process.
Help cant dl the translation

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Help cant dl the translation
If you're on PC you have the option to ignore the warning and download anyway. I have no idea how it works on Android, or why the attachment is being flagged in the first place...

Edit: Maybe it doesnt get flagged while encrypted, try this one.
The password is "penis".

Last edited:
Reactions: loki1314

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
Is the translation fair and should we maybe have game thread for this?

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Is the translation fair and should we maybe have game thread for this?
Not everything is translated because that is a fairly old DMTL. (Things like map labels weren't grabbed with that parser.)
As for translation quality I don't fully remember how many manual translations I did for this one, but I would expect most of this to be raw DeepL.
Personally I do not think it's suitable for a Game-Release thread in this state.

Reactions: Nerro

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
Not everything is translated because that is a fairly old DMTL. (Things like map labels weren't grabbed with that parser.)
As for translation quality I don't fully remember how many manual translations I did for this one, but I would expect most of this to be raw DeepL.
Personally I do not think it's suitable for a Game-Release thread in this state.
An update would be in order perhaps? :) :)

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
An update would be in order perhaps? :) :)
I could fill in the missing translations if you want, but I have no plans to make more manual translations.
Like for most people my life went significantly downhill in the last few years and I'm having a hard time justifying spending months of free time on single translation projects anymore. Instead I will fully focus on my mostly automated SLRMTL format.

If someone would want to pay me for a superior translation, fine, but I don't see that as a realistic option.
Considering the posts you get in the game threads, "free" seems to already be much too expensive for people. :WeSmart:

Last edited:
Reactions: Nerro

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
I could fill in the missing translations if you want, but I have no plans to make more manual translations.
Like for most people my life went significantly downhill in the last few years and I'm having a hard time justifying spending months of free time on single translation projects anymore. Instead I will fully focus on my mostly automated SLRMTL format.

If someone would want to pay me for a superior translation, fine, but I don't see that as a realistic option.
Considering the posts you get in the game threads, "free" seems to already be much too expensive for people. :WeSmart:
Whats your prices for manual editing and around how long would it take?

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Whats your prices for manual editing and around how long would it take?
I have to admit I didn't expect that question.
That part of my post was more of a " who are we kidding, we know that this site is about not paying for things" bit.
I've had that donation page for a while now and the only person who ever donated specifically told me that it wasn't meant as a purchase for anything but just a random on a whim donation.

While I have some pride in my work, even my 2 best translations have been called "barely above MTL" and "not worth peoples time" by the delightful bunch of the game section. While I know that those people don't represent a general audience I also know that my stuff definitely isn't perfect and selling it as a complete product would feel very wrong. My role is more the person to call when a translation request seems completely hopeless and you want something better than nothing.

I regret even bringing this topic up.

It's true that I would among other possible stuff try to improve a translation if someone donates, but that is more of a general thank you idea for a no strings attached donation, it shouldn't be the reason you donate, and should raise no serious expectations.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: teraexbf and Nerro