RPGM [Translation Request] Succubus Rhapsodia [Dreamania]

pvtnator

Sep 6, 2022
I'm working on a new translation for base game. I started from scratch, although there already were partial translations, but this is also a learning experience for me. The battle dialog has been kind of a pain to make work right, but it's looking pretty good now, but for now I'm ignoring character specific battle dialog.

In terms of story, so far I've translated start->home->rigeo->church until succubus statue. To be clear, I only know basic Japanese, but I spend a lot of time checking different translators, using my own understanding of grammar and ChatGPT while also doing my best to make sure all the information is correct. I'm pretty familiar with the game since I really like it, so I'm pretty confident about most things.

I'm using RPGMaker Trans, which should be able to apply the translations to the mod too, although I wouldn't be surprised if something ended up breaking. I'll try that once the base game is translated. Gotta be careful with cases where the game gives something a name and then checks the name in another place. Need to make sure they match. There's a lot of technical stuff to worry about, but fortunately I'm a bit of a programmer. Too bad RPGMaker XP seems to be really lacking when it comes to debugging tools...

I wasn't gonna announce that I'm doing it this early, but since there's recent discussion, I figured I'd let people know. I suppose if someone wants to help, I could make the project public

Feb 24, 2021
I'm working on a new translation for base game. I started from scratch, although there already were partial translations, but this is also a learning experience for me. The battle dialog has been kind of a pain to make work right, but it's looking pretty good now, but for now I'm ignoring character specific battle dialog.

In terms of story, so far I've translated start->home->rigeo->church until succubus statue. To be clear, I only know basic Japanese, but I spend a lot of time checking different translators, using my own understanding of grammar and ChatGPT while also doing my best to make sure all the information is correct. I'm pretty familiar with the game since I really like it, so I'm pretty confident about most things.

I'm using RPGMaker Trans, which should be able to apply the translations to the mod too, although I wouldn't be surprised if something ended up breaking. I'll try that once the base game is translated. Gotta be careful with cases where the game gives something a name and then checks the name in another place. Need to make sure they match. There's a lot of technical stuff to worry about, but fortunately I'm a bit of a programmer. Too bad RPGMaker XP seems to be really lacking when it comes to debugging tools...

I wasn't gonna announce that I'm doing it this early, but since there's recent discussion, I figured I'd let people know. I suppose if someone wants to help, I could make the project public
Hoo boy. You're not the first to try, but I welcome the attempt with open arms. I have no idea how to help, but I am rooting for you 100% of the way! Keep us updated if you don't mind.

pvtnator

Sep 6, 2022
Hoo boy. You're not the first to try, but I welcome the attempt with open arms. I have no idea how to help, but I am rooting for you 100% of the way! Keep us updated if you don't mind.
Yeah, the fact that there tend to be lots of attempts that don't go far is exactly why I didn't plan on making any kind of post very early, but honestly I enjoy the process and I also wanna better understand the story through doing this before the sequel. It's also a way to learn some Japanese while producing some kind of results.

Anyway, I'm not making any promises, but I've been enjoying it, and at the very least I'll post the progress if I don't end up finishing it. I would imagine many people get stumped by the scripts and combat dialog, but that's already really far in progress for me I think.

gemeniii

Mar 26, 2021
Hello, I am having a simple issue, can anyone help me? When in battles, my “mood” gauge never gains any percent like on the video I watched. In fact, it doesn’t display any percentage at all. It takes around 12-15 turns roughly for any succubus to do anything but text based attacks. Any solutions would help greatly, thank you! (This is my first comment on this site having been here for years lol)

pvtnator

Sep 6, 2022
Hello, I am having a simple issue, can anyone help me? When in battles, my “mood” gauge never gains any percent like on the video I watched. In fact, it doesn’t display any percentage at all. It takes around 12-15 turns roughly for any succubus to do anything but text based attacks. Any solutions would help greatly, thank you! (This is my first comment on this site having been here for years lol)
Did you mod the game at all? Or download it from somewhere not original source? Are you running it with Japanese locale?

Reactions: gemeniii

gemeniii

Mar 26, 2021
Did you mod the game at all? Or download it from somewhere not original source? Are you running it with Japanese locale?
I am running Admin Japanese Locale, I am using the main mod that everyone else uses, the plains and hills or whatever it’s called, and I downloaded it from one of the earlier users on this thread who posted a link of the full game with mod pre-installed. It’s not in English either, so I have to manually keep translating important dialogue. I even talked to one of the NPCs that asked if I wanted to “develop my body with effects after the battle” and I turned that on, but I’m not sure what to do. Thank you for replying so quickly!

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
I am running Admin Japanese Locale, I am using the main mod that everyone else uses, the plains and hills or whatever it’s called, and I downloaded it from one of the earlier users on this thread who posted a link of the full game with mod pre-installed. It’s not in English either, so I have to manually keep translating important dialogue. I even talked to one of the NPCs that asked if I wanted to “develop my body with effects after the battle” and I turned that on, but I’m not sure what to do. Thank you for replying so quickly!
That's odd. I suggest you to try the game without mods and see if the issue happens the same.
If not the problem is surely the MOD addition. You could've done a mistake or the MOD has some problems.

Reactions: gemeniii

gemeniii

Mar 26, 2021
That's odd. I suggest you to try the game without mods and see if the issue happens the same.
If not the problem is surely the MOD addition. You could've done a mistake or the MOD has some problems.
I will try when I get home. I’m not sure if the mod is the issue, I was watching a video and the video in question had the mods enabled. When you play, do YOU see the percentage next to the “mood” meter as well? And is there a specific NPC to talk to and activate it?

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
I will try when I get home. I’m not sure if the mod is the issue, I was watching a video and the video in question had the mods enabled. When you play, do YOU see the percentage next to the “mood” meter as well? And is there a specific NPC to talk to and activate it?
You always see the lust percentage. Every successful action will increase it.
If you deny an opponent action or they deny yours can decrease.

gemeniii

Mar 26, 2021
You always see the lust percentage. Every successful action will increase it.
If you deny an opponent action or they deny yours can decrease.
That’s the thing, it’s been “dormant” ever since I started the game. It still glows whenever an enemy uses an attack, but never even displays a percentage. I’ll try to redo everything when I get home and leave an update later tonight. If anyone else has a home run solution, let me know until then.

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
That’s the thing, it’s been “dormant” ever since I started the game. It still glows whenever an enemy uses an attack, but never even displays a percentage. I’ll try to redo everything when I get home and leave an update later tonight. If anyone else has a home run solution, let me know until then.
As I said before try the original japanese game first and see if it works without any MOD.
If it doesn't work you need a new copy of the game or try to extract the zip/rar file once again.
If it works the problem is after when you put the MOD into the game.

gemeniii

Mar 26, 2021
As I said before try the original japanese game first and see if it works without any MOD.
If it doesn't work you need a new copy of the game or try to extract the zip/rar file once again.
If it works the problem is after when you put the MOD into the game.

I still have the problem on a fresh japanese unmodded game. I am using japanese locale. Is there another fresh install somewhere? I'm using the one in this thread, ver. 1.20 Screenshot 2024-04-19 201821.png

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
There is something clearly off there.

Try this before expires gemeniii :

Last edited:

pvtnator

Sep 6, 2022
Oh, so it doesn't display at all. It should show a number. I thought you meant it stays at 0. Maybe somehow a font problem? It should be using a font called メイリオ
Of course, other text is displaying, but maybe there could be something weird about the font at larger size. Or some kind of graphics problem. I wonder if there's an easy way to tell if the mood is increasing even though you don't see it... If you're not that familiar with the game and it's an early save, it would be hard to tell

gemeniii

Mar 26, 2021
There is something clearly off there.

Try this before expires gemeniii :
That didnt seem to work. Still missing the mood percentage display. So that confirms its nothing wrong with the downloads, and I must be missing something on my computer? There should definitely be a reason that it works on your computer and not mine.

gemeniii

Mar 26, 2021
Oh, so it doesn't display at all. It should show a number. I thought you meant it stays at 0. Maybe somehow a font problem? It should be using a font called メイリオ
Of course, other text is displaying, but maybe there could be something weird about the font at larger size. Or some kind of graphics problem. I wonder if there's an easy way to tell if the mood is increasing even though you don't see it... If you're not that familiar with the game and it's an early save, it would be hard to tell
I dont believe the mood is increasing at all, I'm not so familiar with the game, but even when I use the beg skill on myself, the only one they listen to is the "strip" one. All the other requests, they just attack my partner

xRoguex

Aug 2, 2021
That didnt seem to work. Still missing the mood percentage display. So that confirms its nothing wrong with the downloads, and I must be missing something on my computer? There should definitely be a reason that it works on your computer and not mine.
Yep your pc at this point. What's your OS?