Fan Art Being A DIK: Fan Art

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Update

Good news, I restored all of my content.

Best news, I was able to reduce much needed hardware space.

Bad news, I lost all of my renders in the process.
I bought an external HDD just for backing up everything for DAZ. I highly recommend one. (actually I have three external HDDs just for backups)

Reactions: Iceglitch

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Am I just a sadist because I prefer having at least 3 drives in a Raid 5 array?
Probably. ;) I honestly never used a RAID array. I have a 1TB SSD boot drive for speed, and two 4TB HDDs because I don't trust SSDs, LOL. Over the years I buy external HDDs to back things up, I have a 4TB External for my main computer data, documents, photos etc... a 4TB external for my DAZ3D stuff and a 1TB external for games I have purchased (mainly from GOG) and my own games I made.

I TRY to make backups once a month after doing a couple scans to make sure there are no corrupt files. If all is running well, and drivers are updated etc, I will make a restore point which can help you recover lost files. And for extra security I have an external USB boot stick in case Windows somehow fails to boot. I hate losing stuff I worked on! ;) I lost one HDD in my life, and it had a lot of programming I had done on a game. I even have backups of some of my older, smaller HDDs on my backup drive. I'm a packrat. Got some stuff from the '90s on there I recovered from old CD and DVD backups I had.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Probably. ;) I honestly never used a RAID array. I have a 1TB SSD boot drive for speed, and two 4TB HDDs because I don't trust SSDs, LOL. Over the years I buy external HDDs to back things up, I have a 4TB External for my main computer data, documents, photos etc... a 4TB external for my DAZ3D stuff and a 1TB external for games I have purchased (mainly from GOG) and my own games I made.

I TRY to make backups once a month after doing a couple scans to make sure there are no corrupt files. If all is running well, and drivers are updated etc, I will make a restore point which can help you recover lost files. And for extra security I have an external USB boot stick in case Windows somehow fails to boot. I hate losing stuff I worked on! ;) I lost one HDD in my life, and it had a lot of programming I had done on a game. I even have backups of some of my older, smaller HDDs on my backup drive. I'm a packrat. Got some stuff from the '90s on there I recovered from old CD and DVD backups I had.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Since I don't have the time or patience to really tear into DAZ properly myself, what I'd really like to see is a distributed client setup, where I could just let you guys timeshare my 3090 when I'm at work and not using it. Get some render action going without having to actually give me assets.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes