F95 account recovery without email [SOLVED]

perhapsmayhaps1

May 16, 2024
Edit: I opened a ticket and I am currently receiving support, so I edited the title to say "solved".

Hi, I tried to log in today, but I received the message that the account was compromised and a password reset link was sent. The problem is that I set up the account using a 10-minute email for anonymity, so I don't have access to it. Is there any other way to recover my account?

I'm in a kinda library of Alexandria situation because I had a few dozen games on my watched and bookmarks. I only played about half and can find their name in my renpy folder on my PC, but the other half is probably lost forever. Unless there is a way to see another user's watched and bookmarks, which doesn't seem to be the case.

Before making the post, I searched for "account recovery" and "F95 account" and nothing along those lines came up.

Last edited:

RamiOnine

May 16, 2024
same! I had my account since 2018, we don't have to use email to make it back then, so I don't have any email attach to it. and now its gone.

• Haha
Reactions: Sneed's

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
perhapsmayhaps1 and RamiOnine

Well, you both have to open a ticket (top left of the page) and hope that the staff have a manual procedure.

And this time, use one of the many online webmail service that exist, in order to have an email address attached to your account, and one that exist for more than an instant.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
perhapsmayhaps1 and RamiOnine

Well, you both have to open a ticket (top left of the page) and hope that the staff have a manual procedure.

And this time, use one of the many online webmail service that exist, in order to have an email address attached to your account, and one that exist for more than an instant.
That may be what's causing me problems. My old email that's linked to this is no longer active and the one I made a few weeks ago is somehow already banned by the admins. I have a ticket open so hopefully this will get solved painlessly.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Same here, why so many account were compromised recently ?
It's nothing new, we've always had issues with accounts getting hijacked for spam, like/review boosting etc. Unfortunately a lot of people use the same password in multiple places, and when one of those places is hacked, hackers use that email/pass to access their other accounts.

We ban a few 100 hijacked accounts per month for spam (mostly automated), we're just taking a more proactive stance now, due to malware spreading concerns.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Hagatagar