Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Why did people go along with Nodoka's competition?
Because Selebus messed up. He's a great writer, but it happens. Either that, which is the most commonly accepted opinion here, or they all just don't care about Io. Which is plausible, but it's still weird - because if that was the case, they could have addressed that in some of the conversations.

Let me put it this way, let's say you are called to this secret sexual meeting once in a lifetime but hours before it happens the girl that's throwing it says some random ass bizarre shit to someone that doesn't care about anyone else in class. Would you not still go? I don't think anyone there really cares for either Nodoka or Io. They're more interested in the event itself.

Again, I'm in the team that thinks it was bad writing. But there it is.

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
Because Selebus messed up. He's a great writer, but it happens. Either that, which is the most commonly accepted opinion here, or they all just don't care about Io. Which is plausible, but it's still weird - because if that was the case, they could have addressed that in some of the conversations.
I honestly find it hard to believe that anyone would just... ignore Nodoka revealing someone's biggest secret... I don't think even Yumi or Futaba would just go along with it...

Reactions: micemerald

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I honestly find it hard to believe that anyone would just... ignore Nodoka revealing someone's biggest secret... I don't think even Yumi or Futaba would just go along with it...
You're looking at it from the player's perspective. Nodoka didn't reveal anything - because none of them (apart from Uta) knows anything. Io doesn't talk to anyone. From their perspective, Nodoka said some random perverted crap as she always does. And in this case was slapped for it. Case closed.

I would remind you that Tsuneyo did something kind of similar during her comedy presentation as well, and in that case everyone was much more affected because she was implying that she knew. Nodoka made it very clear that she was guessing, so nothing was revealed, at most everyone considered the possibility given Io and Uta's reaction.

thebladeofwar

Mar 28, 2018
Im playing catch up and just got to: Our Time Atop This Mattress. Even Sensei is calling this out as a trap. What are the ramifications of picking one girl over another? Rin seems like a bad homie idea, Yumi also sounds like a bad idea as she too is sort of a hommie. Ayane seems like a no lose choice. Tsubasa seems like the choice the game wants me to make... and Chinami, well I am pretty sure the game is going to turn off if I click that button like it has done many times before when I experiment with choices.

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
I had forgotten the fact that Noriko literally drugged Akira, what the actual fuck.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I try my best to be on your team, Noriko. But what the actual fuck. I'm livid. If I was Akira, I'd never talk to this girl again. Then again I'd never be Akira for a multitude of reasons, praise be.

Last edited:

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
Im playing catch up and just got to: Our Time Atop This Mattress. Even Sensei is calling this out as a trap. What are the ramifications of picking one girl over another? Rin seems like a bad homie idea, Yumi also sounds like a bad idea as she too is sort of a hommie. Ayane seems like a no lose choice. Tsubasa seems like the choice the game wants me to make... and Chinami, well I am pretty sure the game is going to turn off if I click that button like it has done many times before when I experiment with choices.
The game won't turn off. But there is currently only one choice that leads to an event, which is Ayane's. And that's likely the only one that will turn to an event (there are future conversations regarding Yumi or Rin though).

Reactions: thebladeofwar

thebladeofwar

Mar 28, 2018
The game won't turn off. But there is currently only one choice that leads to an event, which is Ayane's. And that's likely the only one that will turn to an event (there are future conversations regarding Yumi or Rin though).
Awesome. Exactly what I needed. My fear was a need for backtracking if I missed an event. Thanks man.

Reactions: Moonflare

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
I had forgotten the fact that Noriko literally drugged Akira, what the actual fuck.

I try my best to be on your team, Noriko. But what the actual fuck. I'm livid. If I was Akira, I'd never talk to this girl again. Then again I'd never be Akira for a multitude of reasons, praise be.
It was hot af tho.
You don't want to be drugged out of love by your "little sister"?

Moonflare

Aug 23, 2023
It was hot af tho.
You don't want to be drugged out of love by your "little sister"?
I don't find hot to be drugged without consent no. I went into this convinced to give her the win, all she had to do was literally show up. Yet somehow she managed to ruin everything. As much as it pains me, Ami is completely right. Noriko's idea of love (in this particular case) is just distorted beyond belief - she had no way to know if this would harm him and did it anyway for such a stupid reason.

Like, you searched for this person your entire life, you want to dedicate your entire life for him, and your brilliant plan AFTER HE SAID FOR YOU TO STOP ACTING INSANE is to drug him to win a random competition? my god. Someone give Noriko an award for being the most stupid person alive.

Reactions: Pedro4545454

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
I don't find hot to be drugged without consent no. I went into this convinced to give her the win, all she had to do was literally show up. Yet somehow she managed to ruin everything. As much as it pains me, Ami is completely right. Noriko's idea of love (in this particular case) is just distorted beyond belief - she had no way to know if this would harm him and did it anyway for such a stupid reason.

Like, you searched for this person your entire life, you want to dedicate your entire life for him, and your brilliant plan AFTER HE SAID FOR YOU TO STOP ACTING INSANE is to drug him to win a random competition? my god. Someone give Noriko an award for being the most stupid person alive.
Complete opposite for me. It showed me that she's COMMITTED to the bit. She took Ami's victory in one fell swoop.

derekthered56

May 30, 2018
You're looking at it from the player's perspective. Nodoka didn't reveal anything - because none of them (apart from Uta) knows anything. Io doesn't talk to anyone. From their perspective, Nodoka said some random perverted crap as she always does. And in this case was slapped for it. Case closed.

I would remind you that Tsuneyo did something kind of similar during her comedy presentation as well, and in that case everyone was much more affected because she was implying that she knew. Nodoka made it very clear that she was guessing, so nothing was revealed, at most everyone considered the possibility given Io and Uta's reaction.
Eh, I'd say it's still different. Nodoka was clearly making a guess, not a joke, and she had just finished giving off a string of eerily accurate answers that she also shouldn't have known. Everyone present seemed to be taking it seriously, even if they possibly weren't sure it was true. They just don't mention it during Nodokathon. So yeah I'd just go with bad writing.

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
I've noticed that the girls really don't care about anyone else besides Akira and their dorm roommate. If Nodoka had done that to any other girl then Uta probably would have shown up. I'm not saying that they don't like the other girls but there's definitely a lot more distance between them then the interactions we see let on.

Reactions: DeSkel15

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
Can I have seconds, please?
Which event is this?

I've noticed that the girls really don't care about anyone else besides Akira and their dorm roommate. If Nodoka had done that to any other girl then Uta probably would have shown up. I'm not saying that they don't like the other girls but there's definitely a lot more distance between them then the interactions we see let on.
I was keen on dismantling this theory, but the only thing I dismantled was my hope that girls care about other girls...

DeSkel15

Engaged Member
Sep 29, 2019
so that was a fucking lie
where are your insides hanging at, Nodoka? fucking liar.
If I were to guess, Nodoka probably doesn't consider the book and everything around it, as "her" hurting Futaba. Even accidentally. It's more along the lines of Futaba hurting herself.

Nodoka tried to keep the book out of Futaba's hands (and knowledge), but she went and bought it. Then after that, Nodoka advised Futaba to not read it and even burn it:
Instead, Futaba read it all in one night, and she couldn't put it down, because it was so "good":

Nodoka might even still be waiting for everything to click for Futaba so that she realizes she's overreacting:
It's a questionable stance, but a stance nonetheless.

Reactions: Moonflare

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
When does Wiki update?

Why doesn't Sensei wan't to call half of the class? (Game finished)

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 294 Votes