Overlord H + (Development Thread)

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
:unsure: game play elements eh? maybe RPG like mechanics added to when ainz is fooling around as an adventurer? dating sims mechanics applied to non-naz characters? similar but different dating sims mechanics applied to nazz characters that operate off something like a loyalty loss system (maybe with it being all/mostly in ainz's head and why he opts the fake it till you make it method)? another idea could be the nazz loyalty loss system bleeding into ainz's sanity and stress. possibly with the idea of X event with albedo, keno/evileye, or whatever 'main wife' the player has chosen could break the loyalty/sanity system. or just replace it with whatever more realisitc stats instead of ainz's overthinking. (yes this would make ainz more like juvnic. but in some ways it could really fit early-mid game if we're talking only the remake.)

speaking of renner
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't want to spoil it, but yeah we can leave that as playing around as an adventurer. Any gameplay mechanic will be optional, even more so since despite what I'm planning, most people won't be a challenge. Not much left anyway from where Overlord H left off, aside from a starved Troll Kingdom creating issues as soon as Ainz is gone.

I'll be mostly expanding on the new continent (Either completely made up by me, or if by then there's some lore friendly stuff, I'll try to base the sequel on that). Aside from that, you'll just play as God while having Nazarick as your hub where you can interact with your Harem.

I even considered the idea of making that as an explorable map, but according to the poll people do not really like the idea of walking around, although I could make it optional since Ainz can teleport around.
I'm also waiting to see if Rubedo gets an official design.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: billyjoebobmartin

The Pointman

Feb 16, 2023
As long as it is harem am all good and maybe let us do some combat sure would be pointless since we are OP Ainz but would be fun.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
As long as it is harem am all good and maybe let us do some combat sure would be pointless since we are OP Ainz but would be fun.
It'll be harem yes, and should I add combat, it wouldn't be pointless for what I've planned, but you'd be still quite OP.

what about eveileyes parents can we revive them somehow
For what reason? They don't really seem to matter that much, nor is there any reason to do that.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
For those who remember Overlord H, which of the "changes" i've applied to the story you didn't like (aside from those mentioned in the "To be changed"), and which parts you wish I had changed? Aside from very very rare exceptions, I won't turn men into women as I want to focus on the main cast. I'm still unsure if to do a remaster of Overlord H and include the sequel, or just go to the sequel and retcon the past stuff, perhaps by collectibles where you unlock memories :unsure:

I think the biggest reason for me to do a remaster is to include more children (ex. Evileye's) and since it'll be harem only, rather than individual challenges, I could do a final tournament (ex. Shalltear's son vs Albedo's daughter). Still, if I can gather a considerable amount of things people wish was different than what Overlord H has done, maybe I can do a proper remaster without feeling like I am doing more of the same.

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
For those who remember Overlord H, which of the "changes" i've applied to the story you didn't like (aside from those mentioned in the "To be changed"), and which parts you wish I had changed? Aside from very very rare exceptions, I won't turn men into women as I want to focus on the main cast. I'm still unsure if to do a remaster of Overlord H and include the sequel, or just go to the sequel and retcon the past stuff, perhaps by collectibles where you unlock memories :unsure:

I think the biggest reason for me to do a remaster is to include more children (ex. Evileye's) and since it'll be harem only, rather than individual challenges, I could do a final tournament (ex. Shalltear's son vs Albedo's daughter). Still, if I can gather a considerable amount of things people wish was different than what Overlord H has done, maybe I can do a proper remaster without feeling like I am doing more of the same.
winter, bro. you already know what people want for the biggest change if the remake happens. renner must join the harem! :KEK: :p

but random idea, how about there being 2-3 kids per wife/lover instead of just 1 each? that way you could make more content with the kids interacting and how similar or different each of them are with a full sibling compared to their half siblings.

another idea, how about a kingdom management type 'minigame' inclusion. though i would think it's be optional since ainz likes to delegate an focus on naz management.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
winter, bro. you already know what people want for the biggest change if the remake happens. renner must join the harem! :KEK: :p

but random idea, how about there being 2-3 kids per wife/lover instead of just 1 each? that way you could make more content with the kids interacting and how similar or different each of them are with a full sibling compared to their half siblings.

another idea, how about a kingdom management type 'minigame' inclusion. though i would think it's be optional since ainz likes to delegate an focus on naz management.
All that stuff has already been suggested, I'm more interested in the story bits (either custom or original which was kept) which people would like to be different.

Reactions: billyjoebobmartin

billyjoebobmartin

Dec 8, 2020
All that stuff has already been suggested, I'm more interested in the story bits (either custom or original which was kept) which people would like to be different.
hmmm, story bits eh? you could maybe add other options to diplomatic/subversion/domination paths for each kingdom/empire/theocracy/etc. maybe with the consequences of how much time each plans eat up, how much fame and/or infamy ainz gains and similar such good and bad consequences. and how if plans are abandoned half way due to specific events what those results are. (like sorcerer kingdom announcement happening earlier than planned, PDL showing up, other dragon lords actually getting off their asses.)

for shits and giggles example, imagine if juvnic's empire was handled with greater subversion instead of mostly diplomatic, like how the re-estize kingdom was handled before the domination switch got flipped. i could think it'd be a rather amusing scenario if we turned juvnic into a alex jones type where his paranoia actually pays off and he steadily creates and anti-ainz alliance.

personally i think you could have a lot of fun with that premise if you decided to make more custom story choices or canon-ish story approaches and explored the pros and cons.

alternatively, since ainz is quite different from get go. how about instead of JUST playing adventurer by himself and his wifuable companion, how about his also sending out two other naz teams for info gathering purposes? and this snowballing into some different versions of how the shalchair/elder dragon mind control event and likely other custom events play out? this should give naz some quicker info on the surrounding kingdoms and could introduce the theocracy and elves sooner.

also we have no idea if someone can be revived after being killed by wild magic. i'm thinking specifically by corpse dragon lord. could be interesting to have that explored if ainz made too many fuck up choices and wasn't cautious enough with world item distribution.

any of these ideas helpful winter?

also on a personal note i like the initial choice with PDL's offer in the game, but slightly disliked the result being the same regardless. and no consequences good or bad from the choice. i mean i get why, it's end game at that point and having ainz accend to godhood was his plan. but more choices like those with actual good/bad/and gray area consequences are what i'd like more of!

Last edited:
Reactions: Winterfire

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
aside from Renner content.

there are some scenarios i wouldn't mind. Ainz having varying days with his kids would be fun. a group activity for the more combat capable. wholesome time for those that arent. maybe some hijinks for the creative types. would also like to see the women from the holy kingdom and Ainz children. that could be interesting.

sex scene wise. some scenarios are rarely brought up in these VN's where the mc is an adventurer but devs usually make the MC to much of a nice guy that the thought never crosses his mind. a group of bandits gets mostly killed except the female member - gets to live based on certain offers. Ainz could shadow Albedo in his human form during negotiations and the nobles could offer themselves(women) or their daughters just to get on Ainz/Albedo's good side (they would think the male following Albedo is also a delegate)

Momon Adventures. not alot going on of what could happen during Ainz times as Momon after he is given control of E-Rantel.