3.10 star(s) 72 Votes

joryh

Nov 8, 2021
Arc 2 starts having some choices, and arc 3 will have choices and multiple endings.
Ahh?! Well, good. I do like that better. Might be time to loose the tag then. Or add a clarifier to notes that only Ch1 is kinetic. Cause I sure would like to never have anything to do with that walking cadaver. Who, I'm sure, smells like a bed of roses next to an outdoor meal of a fine prime rib steak, cap on, with a perfect accompanying dry red. :p

LillyKat

Dec 11, 2019
Is anyone else having a save issue? Please don't tell me we are nearing the end of this game and we have to run it from start.

LamentEntertainment

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2019
Ahh?! Well, good. I do like that better. Might be time to loose the tag then. Or add a clarifier to notes that only Ch1 is kinetic. Cause I sure would like to never have anything to do with that walking cadaver. Who, I'm sure, smells like a bed of roses next to an outdoor meal of a fine prime rib steak, cap on, with a perfect accompanying dry red. :p
OP has been edited to reflect changes, however, keeping the tag because choices and other features don't start until arc 2.
Some people dont read, and there will surely be some idiocy forthcoming, if the tag is removed. (even with the note...)

LamentEntertainment

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2019
Is anyone else having a save issue? Please don't tell me we are nearing the end of this game and we have to run it from start.
Nobody has reported any issues.

Also, its not the end of the game, just the end of the arc.
Arc 2 episode 1 was just posted.

LillyKat

Dec 11, 2019
Nobody has reported any issues.

Also, its not the end of the game, just the end of the arc.
Arc 2 episode 1 was just posted.
Yeah my saves from previous version is not working. Didn't know if this was continuing only from end of Arc 1 or if this is will start from the beginning.
I SEE NOW THIS IS A STANDALONE START from the end of the previous so no need.
Thanks for the update.

Reactions: LamentEntertainment

LamentEntertainment

Game Developer
Jun 23, 2019
Yeah my saves from previous version is not working. Didn't know if this was continuing only from end of Arc 1 or if this is will start from the beginning.
I SEE NOW THIS IS A STANDALONE START from the end of the previous so no need.
Thanks for the update.
Oh, if u started Arc 2, episode 1, no saves are needed. as no choices were needed to carry over.

Reactions: LillyKat

Horizon666

Jun 30, 2018
Just so we're clear here: There's a humongous difference between "overly complicated political correctness" and "just not being a blatantly racist, sexist, xenophobic piece of shit."

-Mal
There certainly is.

No idea why you're applying that bullshit here though.

The phrase "Call a Spade a spade" is literally just a way of saying "I'm plainspoken", or "I'm not interested in playing word games", or "I'm blunt".

The phrase is older than Charles Dickins and he was born over 200 years ago, in England, where the average person (Its a working class saying, since middle class or higher wouldn't be using things like spades at work) was unlikely to have ever seen (insert whatever race you're inserting here) in their entire lifetime. People didn't travel much 200 years ago.

So whatever mental gymnastics you used there to somehow make this a bigoted or racist reference is nothing more than your ignorance of the phrase and whatever bs is going on in your head.

MalLiz

Jan 26, 2024
There certainly is.

The phrase "Call a Spade a spade" is literally just a way of saying "I'm plainspoken", or "I'm not interested in playing word games", or "I'm blunt".

The phrase is older than Charles Dickins and he was born over 200 years ago, in England, where the average person (Its a working class saying, since middle class or higher wouldn't be using things like spades at work) was unlikely to have ever seen (insert whatever race you're inserting here) in their entire lifetime. People didn't travel much 200 years ago.

So whatever mental gymnastics you used there to somehow make this a bigoted or racist reference is nothing more than your ignorance of the phrase and whatever bs is going on in your head.
I was more referring to the blatantly misogynistic/homophobic part that came after the stuff you're banging on about. But hey, you go ahead and defend shitty behaviour all you want, pal. It's the internet after all, and apparently that's all good around here. ;)

-Mal

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
There certainly is.

The best way to deal with folks that see racism or other forms of bigotry everywhere they look is to put them on ignore. You can't reason with them and it will just frustrate you.

As for the tags applied here that started all of this: lesbianism is a form of being "gay", and that is the specific form that is noted in the tags. This terminology has been around for decades (maybe over a century, now) and while language expands, it takes much longer than that for it to be lost. If one person wants to use a basically synonymous term, why cry about it? And with the graveyard setting in this story, I'm surprised spades don't come up more than they do. Or do we have to call them shovels so as to not offend? :FacePalm:

Last edited:

Horizon666

Jun 30, 2018
The best way to deal with folks that see racism or other forms of bigotry everywhere they look is to put them on ignore. You can't reason with them and it will just frustrate you.

As for the tags applied here that started all of this: lesbianism is a form of being "gay", and that is the specific form that is here. This terminology has been around for decades (maybe over a century, now) and while language expands, it takes much longer than that for it to be lost. If one person wants to use a basically synonymous term, why cry about it? And with the graveyard setting in this story, I'm surprised spades don't come up more than they do. Or do we have to call them shovels so as to not offend? :FacePalm:
Good point and done, 'cause I don't need the headache.

You know, I remember (vaguely, man I'm making myself feel old realising how long ago it was) when I was about 6 or 7 and was working in the back garden with my parents and being really confused about the difference between a Shovel and a Spade.

My young mind kept thinking, "But they do the same thing! Why's there two names?" Took me ages to get my head around it. It eventually clicked when I was at my grandmothers, she had a coal fire (old mining town, before the mines were all shut and everyone was screwed because they didn't replace the jobs with anything) and I saw a Coal Shovel in action. Basically one's a scoop kind of thing and the other is used to cut into dirt (hence the classic spade shape).

Feels dumb as all hell looking back on it now, but in my defence I was just a kid. :)

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Good point and done, 'cause I don't need the headache.

You know, I remember (vaguely, man I'm making myself feel old realising how long ago it was) when I was about 6 or 7 and was working in the back garden with my parents and being really confused about the difference between a Shovel and a Spade.

My young mind kept thinking, "But they do the same thing! Why's there two names?" Took me ages to get my head around it. It eventually clicked when I was at my grandmothers, she had a coal fire (old mining town, before the mines were all shut and everyone was screwed because they didn't replace the jobs with anything) and I saw a Coal Shovel in action. Basically one's a scoop kind of thing and the other is used to cut into dirt (hence the classic spade shape).

Feels dumb as all hell looking back on it now, but in my defence I was just a kid. :)
The only time I actually used "spade" was in cards, or, for the small "garden spade"; whether the scoop style "shovel" or the pointy digging tool, we tended to just call them all "shovels" if they were the larger/longer handled style digging instrument.

Good thing their aren't prostitutes in the VN, yet, or we may have to have a whole conversation about "hoes" as well.

• Haha
Reactions: Horizon666

PhineasFlynn

Engaged Member
Feb 1, 2020
I started with Arc2 today. Play it about half of hour and Im in part where MC meet Theresa. Its really good update.

But now I have some time and must ask:
Why is MC default name changed? In arc1 he was Allan, now Oliver. Usually I play with default name, but this time its really werid and I keep Allan.

Who is girl in first scene? Is she someone who we met, or is she random? She remind me Selene but not at all.

Will be there some way to open Images gallery from game? Or must everytime leave from game to main menu?
Also can you make some marks in gallery menu who have new scenes or images? Something like exclamation mark or different colour of name?

Thank you for your work, really love this game.

3.10 star(s) 72 Votes