Others [Translation Request] Light Wing Senki Extia [VJ009415] [Lusterise]

DarkeReises

Jan 15, 2021
ENG: Light Wing Senki Extia
JP: Kouyoku Senki ExS-Tia // 光翼戦姫エクスティア
Link:
Download:

Genre: Childhood Friend, Transforming Girl, Violation, Sexual Bondage, Gangbang, Anal, Tentacle, Corrupted Morals, Futanari

Summary: One night, Shihou Souma and his childhood friend Katsuragi Marina are walking in a park after school, when human-like monsters suddenly appear. These monsters, seeming to come from another world, start attacking and raping people, to absorb magical power from them. In this chaotic situation, Amakubo Yuri, Souma's school infirmary doctor, shows up and gives ExS-Device to Marina. Using the device Marina transforms into Exstia and fights the monsters.

1.jpg Kouyoku-Senki-Ex-S-Tia3.jpg Kouyoku-Senki-Ex-S-Tia2.jpg Kouyoku-Senki-Ex-S-Tia1.jpg
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: f9account

Belgaesh

Apr 6, 2019
Looks like I was not the only one that discovered this series as of late. I have been playing them through MTL, but an edited translation would be awesome. It is a game from Nexton, I hope MangaGamer translate it sometime.

+1

nerdman83

Mar 12, 2019
Good Job!

How did you extract and repack the contents of the .med file?
There's a MED.py tool around here in the master game tools mega.nz repository. I made some slight modifications to it.

It's called DxLib(LuneTB):

I'm going to actually clean some things up and re-do it. The movies weren't playing so the link above updates that and fixes it, but only because I reverted some files that contain text for the facial expressions and such, but the game buttons aren't translated because of that. I adjusted how I do the translation so I can edit it now.

I'll also toss in the *.json file in case anyone wants to edit it and clean things up more.

Also getting 2, 3, and A done. P 1/2/3 is a different engine.

Reactions: Saipan and ujmujmk

nerdman83

Mar 12, 2019
Okay, I updated my earlier link for the translation, but it's here.

I've also included the tools used, including the modifications. test.py and MED.py do all the unpacking (the only functions you need are unpack, extract_med, output, and repack), they're the DxLib stuff. I have a tool translate.py for taking jp_chs.json and creating jp_eng.json. It's important to use my MED.py as the character encoding needs to be the old one (cp932). The one pain is the MED.py detects the facial expression code as translatable text and translates them. Those need to be passed through as they are file names in japanese. Same with the final two lines in jp_eng.json those are the movie file names, they need to be in japanese or the transformation movies won't play.

If you do any edits to the jp_eng.json file, you do NOT have to run the translate.py script at all. Just run the first half of test.py to generate all the scenario files. Then put the jp_eng.json inside the intermediate_file folder and run the second half of test.py to insert all the text and generate the new md_scr.med

Kouyoku Senki ExS-Tia 1, Eng MTL v3:

I don't care if someone uses these as a basis for a proper TL and edits it and takes credit. I just want to see these games translated. Use it freely.

Last edited:

nerdman83

Mar 12, 2019
I updated it one more time, as I was translating Extia 2 there were some things I realized I should pass through. I updated the script too.

Since there's no thread for it, here's a translation for Game2:

Kouyoku Senki ExS-Tia 2, Eng MTL v1:

Only thing I didn't like is it translates Ries name to "Slaughter War Princess". Not sure if Extermination Princess is better, but the kanji doesn't match up. I left it as is since that's what she does.

In case someone misses it, there are threads for Game 3 and Game A. I put the translations in there.

Last edited:

nerdman83

Mar 12, 2019
I do intend on doing the P games next, as soon as I understand the XOR decoding for the game files.

The tools already exist for the YURIS engine.

I know some people will hate that it's an MTL, but I am providing the stuff to edit it (anyone can go clean it up). I know Textractor/Sugoi works, but it's a lot more enjoyable with the english text inserted since Textractor has a delay. Also, fullscreen.

It's a lot of text though. Each game is 20,000 lines of text.

Last edited:

nerdman83

Mar 12, 2019
I do have P1 translated, unfortunately I'm running into an issue repacking the game. I can't even unpack and repack untranslated files. I have no way of packing the translations. I don't know if anyone has any information on the proper procedure to repack YPF files.

I realized VNTextPatch supports YuRIS engine so translating was no issue. Also GARBro can extract the YPF files for VNTextPatch to use.

I've also further cemented that Translator++ is absolute garbage for a hybrid MTL + Edit approach, at least when using VNTextPatch. T++ insists on mashing the names + text together, unfortunately this causes Sugoi to translate differently. On its own if Sugoi detects a name it'll do a straight phonetic translation, but combined with the text it was mangling all the names. I ended up writing my own script to translate the VNTextPatch files properly.

I'll probably re-release ExS-Tia 1/2/3 at some point and do a proper edit. I left the names as Extia but they should be really "ExS-TIA, ExS-TIA Chevalier, ExS-TIA Magica, ExS-TIA Flora", along with thief = monster, along with the names Lupusgil, etc I'm not quite sure what they translate to (I know the first half, just I don't know what -gil refers to). Also Sugoi returns a dash "--" that the engine mangles so if you see words stuck together there's supposed to be a dash, needs to be fixed.

At any rate they're good enough for now and I'll fix it up into a proper translation worthy of release in the future.

Belgaesh

Apr 6, 2019
I do have P1 translated, unfortunately I'm running into an issue repacking the game. I can't even unpack and repack untranslated files. I have no way of packing the translations. I don't know if anyone has any information on the proper procedure to repack YPF files.

I realized VNTextPatch supports YuRIS engine so translating was no issue. Also GARBro can extract the YPF files for VNTextPatch to use.

I've also further cemented that Translator++ is absolute garbage for a hybrid MTL + Edit approach, at least when using VNTextPatch. T++ insists on mashing the names + text together, unfortunately this causes Sugoi to translate differently. On its own if Sugoi detects a name it'll do a straight phonetic translation, but combined with the text it was mangling all the names. I ended up writing my own script to translate the VNTextPatch files properly.

I'll probably re-release ExS-Tia 1/2/3 at some point and do a proper edit. I left the names as Extia but they should be really "ExS-TIA, ExS-TIA Chevalier, ExS-TIA Magica, ExS-TIA Flora", along with thief = monster, along with the names Lupusgil, etc I'm not quite sure what they translate to (I know the first half, just I don't know what -gil refers to). Also Sugoi returns a dash "--" that the engine mangles so if you see words stuck together there's supposed to be a dash, needs to be fixed.

At any rate they're good enough for now and I'll fix it up into a proper translation worthy of release in the future.
I am really happy for your efforts in translating the ExTia games, I played them with a text extractor, so it was not that much better MTL at all.

Hope that you can pass the hurdles of the engine in the Parallel episodes, so that you can bring those to us as well.

Now I plan to play the whole series of games as soon as possible.

Razexsg

Mar 1, 2023

Can you translate the parallel edition? In Ryuugames already has a complete version