• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
Honestly I can see this game receiving updates for 15 more years at least, let's say the 1.0 version will be released in 9 years, 2 years we will get bug fixes, polishing, balancing content, small changes, releases, etc, once all that is done we will get a few DLCs for at least 4 more years, and after that MAYBE we will have the final version of the game.
All of us by the end of WAL=:HideThePain:

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
I suspect there will be nowhere near enough content in the next update to call it a "large" update, or to justify the 2 years of development it took.
yeah, every time the update starts getting to the 6+ month area there's no work being done. doesn't matter what they promise, doesn't matter how actively they participate in discord - the truth is the work is not being done.

and if you ever get anything out of them again, it was done in the last few weeks before releasing it, not the previous 18 months. so it's guaranteed to underwhelm.

Cro

May 10, 2017
Dev's words on Discord earlier today:

bla bla bla
Man, for anyone who worked in development, either as a team leader or just team member... this guy sounds EXACTLY like those that annoy everyone, that don't progress or do anything good at all and they speak about minor things as if they are the most important and complex things around. You give him a simple task, come back in a week and he didn't do anything but can talk for an hour about minor things that can be solved faster than he talks about them.

I'd fire him in a second.

Fattishman

Jan 27, 2019
...it's a pity. This game was one of the most promising both in terms of art and story. Difficult to understand how it was possible to have regular releases and progress for first couple of years and now, that they have budget, there is a new chapter every one year ad a half...consdering after chap 0.7 there will be other 3 to reach the 1.0 (plus eventually some additional contents after the story end) it will take to end 2029, or even in 2030...it's more than a several M$ AAA game on modern systems...it's obvious that first thining goes to goldmining patreons, but well...their money their choice...

Last edited:

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
It's not surprise at all, but none of this matches up with the actual progress tracker. I can't understand the people who still respect this dev, but its their money to spend.
How are things not matching up? They had an initial plan and broke it down into pieces (art, writing, coding, posing tasks). Then, after completing those planned tasks (and also while completing them) they check the whole thing and detect those issues mentioned, translating them into more editing and debugging tasks (which basically means rewriting, redrawing and reposing already made content). People are free to not believe what devs say but things do match.

...it's a pity. This game was one of the most promising both in terms of art and story. Difficult to understand how it was possible to have regular releases and progress for first couple of years and now, that they have budget, there is a new chapter eery one year ad a half...consdering after chap 0.7 there will be other 3 to reach the 1.0 (plus eventually some additional contents after the story end) it will take to end 2029, or even in 2030...it's more than a several M$ AAA game on modern systems...it's obvious that first thining goes to goldmining patreons, but well...their money their choice...
v0.7 doesn't mean the game will end after 3 more updates. It will end at v1.0, sure, but after v0.9 it comes v0.10, then v0.11, and so on until they decide it's time to wrap it up and release that v1.0. The reasons for this delayed update have been explained at nauseam: biggest update so far, plus a newborn child, plus a nasty surgery.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
most of us have been on this ride so many times that excuses like these mean nothing. ALL of them always have understandable and plausible sounding explanations like that. but the thing is the development never returns back on track. I can't remember a single case where it happened.
Things like that have happened in the past, and I can understand people being wary of this. But those were other devs, not this team, and I'm sure there are also examples of games getting back on track after a rocky update. You can still not believe what these devs say, but that doesn't mean they are lying. Their record, as well as their transparency about this delay and the overall progress, make it fair to keep trusting them. As I said some weeks ago, their credibility is on the line, though, and only the next update will tell. They have surely consumed most of the trust they earned in those first years and the heated comments in this thread are an obvious sign, but putting a cross on them just yet still seems unfair to me.

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: Simbad-sea

woody554

Jan 20, 2018
Things like that have happened in the past, and I can understand people being wary of this. But those were other devs, not this team, and I'm sure there are also examples of games getting back on track after a rocky update. You can still not believe what these devs say, but that doesn't mean they are lying. Their record, as well as their transparency about this delay and the overall progress, make it fair to keep trusting them. As I said some weeks ago, their credibility is on the line, though, and only the next update will tell. They have surely consumed most of the trust they earned in those first years and the heated comments in this thread are an obvious sign, but putting a cross on them just yet still seems unfair to me.
I used to write comments exactly like that as well, to people who write comments exactly like mine now. I'm pretty sure I even got responses like this one myself from people who had switched earlier. we all start from trusting the plausible excuses, but there's a limit where you just cave because the games NEVER bounce back.

when the original pace of updates starts to lag by several months, it's all gone already.

Rosswel

Aug 11, 2017
I'll just reiterate what I said months ago. At this point, we can't really judge whether or not the developers are justified with their delay until the next update released. The longer the wait however, the higher the quality of the next update need to be to win back people that supported this game

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
Consdering after chap 0.7 there will be other 3 to reach the 1.0
It's not like it really matters but you know there are numbers that come after 9 right? Like 0.10 and 0.11, it's only when you reach a sort of final version of the game with all the main content included that we get a 1.0 version. Of course it's not like there is some "dev rules book" that every game needs to follow but I just wanted to point out that 3 new version are not enough to reach that "final" version so you may want to go back to your prediction of release date and add that factor.

Fattishman

Jan 27, 2019
v0.7 doesn't mean the game will end after 3 more updates. It will end at v1.0, sure, but after v0.9 it comes v0.10, then v0.11, and so on until they decide it's time to wrap it up and release that v1.0. The reasons for this delayed update have been explained at nauseam: biggest update so far, plus a newborn child, plus a nasty surgery.
I don't want to go into personal issues. Everyone has its owns and will never consider a game a priority versus hillness, maternity or whatever, but:

0.1 release May 2020
0.2 releae July 2020
0.3 releae September 2020
0.4 release February 2021
0.5 release September 2021
0.6 release July 2022

there were 5 releases of the game in 1 year and 4 months, while 0.7 release is ongoing since almost 2 years
Understood from 0.6 release the choice was for big updates, but for sure now they have founds to speed-up at least the coding and polishing part of th game, and also maybe to seek assistance for some parts of the artworks

Their game, their choice...I was just thinking-out loud that it's a pity that this game may face lost of interest and endanger support for the next one

Last edited:

Fattishman

Jan 27, 2019
It's not like it really matters but you know there are numbers that come after 9 right? Like 0.10 and 0.11, it's only when you reach a sort of final version of the game with all the main content included that we get a 1.0 version. Of course it's not like there is some "dev rules book" that every game needs to follow but I just wanted to point out that 3 new version are not enough to reach that "final" version so you may want to go back to your prediction of release date and add that factor.
There was an old post where autors declared that readmap of tha game was already set and plan to finish with 1.0 version. They didn't exclude additional contents, but main story was planned to end at 1.0. Anyway it was an old post so I cannot know if plans changed.

Last edited:
Reactions: bogodit

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
There was an old post where autors eclared that readmap of tha game was already set and plan to finish with 1.0 version. They didn't exclude additional contents, but main story was planned to end at 1.0. Anyway it was an old post so I cannot know if plans changed.
Oh no I'm sure they probably want to finish the game at 1.0 what I was saying is that version doesn't mean 10 updates to complete it and that you can make a thousand updates until 1.0 comes out. Don't know what was the plan before but right know there is at least 4 updates in my head that are needed to at least finish what we have now (main story + females "unrelated to main story" storylines) and that doesn't mean that the final version will be 1.1 it can still be 1.0 that all I was trying to explain.

Fattishman

Jan 27, 2019
Oh no I'm sure they probably want to finish the game at 1.0 what I was saying is that version doesn't mean 10 updates to complete it and that you can make a thousand updates until 1.0 comes out. Don't know what was the plan before but right know there is at least 4 updates in the to at least finish what we have now (main story + females "unrelated to main story" storylines) and that doesn't mean that the final version will be 1.1 it can still be 1.0 that all I was trying to explain.
Up to now therey release 01., 0.2, and so on (with eventually some fix like 0.x1, 0.x2, etc), that's why I'm assuming we are having 0.7, 0.8, 0.9 and 1.0, so at least other 4 main updates, probably one main character per chapter

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
Up to now therey release 01., 0.2, and so on (with eventually some fix like 0.x1, 0.x2, etc), that's why I'm assuming we are having 0.7, 0.8, 0.9 and 1.0, so at least other 4 main updates, probably one main character per chapter
Just checked their twitter/X account and they had 5 options for update 0.8 apparently, I mean sure they can just make a big update with more than one character or 2 for each one or something and still finish it in 4 updates I just don't believe that will be the case. FbMTC3jaIAEZFEi.jpeg

4.70 star(s) 446 Votes