Any info on why anonfile has been down for 3 days?

nerdgasmic

Jul 31, 2021
3 whole ass days! what the hell happened? Does anyone know?

Also i hope this is the correct place to ask as i cant think of anywhere else to make this post.

nerdgasmic

Jul 31, 2021
I have been looking for a discord or something but i cant find anything they might be using to get the word out about what happened.

Jun 22, 2018
I made another thread about another hoster before, but I've been having tons of issues with racaty as well. Files are either deleted or downloads fail due to "maintenence".

nerdgasmic

Jul 31, 2021
Honestly we need racaty purged along with a few others to save time. No point of keeping it if its confirmed dead.

I hope anonfile is alright and comes back or atleast i want to hear what happened.

nerdgasmic

Jul 31, 2021
Damn anonfiles was great. Sure it was kinda slow but it was reliable. prob a good 15% or more of the uploads on the site are missing content now. Do people reupload stuff quickly here? Do i need to send dm's? How does it work if i want to download something but cant because all the hosts are dead?

40C72

Nov 8, 2021
It's still down -- but there's no word on it shutting down for good

A bunch of other anonfiles-style hosting sites shut down (5 others that I've seen) at the same time but they're all maintained by the same people. No information on when it'll be back up or if it will be. My guess is they either suffered some sort of attack or simply ran out of funds

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
It's still down -- but there's no word on it shutting down for good

A bunch of other anonfiles-style hosting sites shut down (5 others that I've seen) at the same time but they're all maintained by the same people. No information on when it'll be back up or if it will be. My guess is they either suffered some sort of attack or simply ran out of funds
To my knowledge at least 13 are down.
Those are the type of anonymous file hosters that are pretty often used in the d*arknet and all gone at roughly the same time.

So I think it's possible that they were shut down by an international coordinated criminal justice raid, maybe even because of CP.
After all, they successfully step up their game in fighting and shutting down those CP sites in the last couple of month.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

nerdgasmic

Jul 31, 2021
To my knowledge at least 13 are down.
Those are the type of anonymous file hosters that are pretty often used in the d*arknet and all gone at roughly the same time.

So I think it's possible that they were shut down by an international coordinated criminal justice raid, maybe even because of CP.
After all, they successfully step up their game in fighting and shutting down those CP sites in the last couple of month.
Fuck.... I guess this is why we cant have nice things.... Good info though. Thanks for the update.

Jun 22, 2018
I don't think people are using anonfiles to upload cp (lol) but I do know people were uploading irl bestiality to it. That stuff is legal in some places but maybe not from wherever anonfiles servers are located.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Well, it's a possibility, proxy.is (that is in fact their proxy provider, not their host) is also down, and among the two lines still readable through a google search, they were "an anonymous alternative to CloudFlare". While a whois tell that they were based on Seychelles. Therefore, the perfect service to use if you intend to share not really legal content online.

Perhaps that Anonfiles haven't been targeted directly, and only suffer from proxy.is fall.
The only thing I can say about them directly is that they lost their DNS records between Monday 3:14AM GMT and Tuesday 2:56PM GMT. Therefore, for nearly a full week they still had their DNS records, what don't match with a take down done by the authorities. It looks more like a voluntary decision ; they kept the DNS records the time to understand that proxy.is will never comeback alive again.

Reactions: Hagatagar
Jun 22, 2018
What's so unthinkable and funny about people using anonymous file hosters to upload cp? :unsure:
There's far better alternatives. And what I found humorous was you thinking people would be using anonfiles to upload that stuff.

I know that people were using anonfiles to upload real bestiality videos though. If they got in trouble for hosting certain files then I would guess that the server is located in a location where that sort of thing is illegal.

Last edited:

40C72

Nov 8, 2021
There's far better alternatives. And what I found humorous was you thinking people would be using anonfiles to upload that stuff.
People will upload CP to literally any service that offers anonymity. Matrix channels, filehosts (like AnonFiles!), .o*ion forums, the fucking UseNet. People will even upload it to unencrypted non-anonymous places like Discord; why is it funny to think they wouldn't use an anonymous file sharing site?

Reactions: Hagatagar