[R>Programmer] Paid Share 1st time developer needs an experienced Ren'py programmer

Jul 1, 2018
I'm making a VN/game but have zero Ren'py experience and need someone to put my renders, music, dialogue etc together ready to play. I'll supply all content, I just need it put together in Ren'py in a playable format.

The closest thing I can compare the project to is a VN version of GTA San Andreas main story line. It will of course be much different but that is the kind of vibe I'm going for. I have some of my images and comics posted in the DAZ thread here https://f95zone.to/threads/daz3d-art-show-us-your-dazskill.4764/ but the majority is on Slushe.com/DerangedAristocrat and my Patreon.com/DerangedAristocrat . I'm probably a couple of months away from release but I'm wanting to find someone ready to go and hit the ground running so I don't waste any time. Happy to pay or revenue share.

Main things I want in the game are a system that records events and player choices to move them toward either a "good/nice" rating or a "bad/evil" rating which will change the ending of the game for them.

Simple layer animations such as 2 images moving separately to each other. eg: a background and foreground image with the background layer moving left while the foreground layer moves right. Like how the old Twisted Metal games on Playstation used to do it, but I'll be using Daz to make the images. I've read this kind of animation is easy to do in Ren'py and saves a heap of file size instead of inserting a video animation of the same thing (which I'm able to do but I'd rather optimize the game and file size).

I'd like some simple mini games too like cards, black jack, I have an idea for a very simple shoot out too if Ren'py can handle something like that, basically just clicking on targets.

I don't believe I need a Ren'py pro but I think the things I want in my VN/game might be too complicated for a beginner programmer but I'm open to talk to any applicants. I'm unsure how much people usually pay but that is open to negotiation of course, keeping in mind that I'm a hobbyist at the moment like everyone else.

Thanks!

Last edited:

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Most of the things you want to be done are really easy... Most... putting minigames can be a tricky to code. If you still need help let me know.

Reactions: DerangedAristocrat
Jul 1, 2018
Thanks for the replies guys and also the DM's from others, you've all been very helpful and I greatly appreciate it! I'm still a while away from having everything ready to pass on to a programmer to package up into a game but I want to hit the ground running when I am ready so if there's anything you can think of that I'll need to provide or pitfalls I need to look out for please let me know. I'd hate to get to the stage where everything is ready to go but I've stuffed up a certain part of the process which ends up delaying the project weeks or longer lol.

As for animations, I found this video and its the style I'm looking at, layers moving independent of each other but I'll be using Daz renders of course, I hope this example makes it a bit easier to understand what I mean.

I'd like to have full keyframed animations for sex scenes though, the layered animations are for regular scenes to give the game a bit more life overall.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Doing all that jazz with the camera can be advanced too. May want to use something like this.

Reactions: DerangedAristocrat