[R>Artist 3D] [R>Programmer] Paid 2 paid positions open: Render Artist & Renpy Programmer

Burst Out Games

Game Developer
May 3, 2020
Tier Images Poster.jpg

We are expanding our team at BOG!
Join us!

RENDER ARTIST Job Description and Employment Terms:
- Preferably Daz 3D but depends on quality of work
- Can speak and understand English (communication is key)
- Frequent communication is a must, our team strongly believes in chatting with each other almost every day
- $100 per chapter of AVN, approx 40-60 images per chapter, about 1-2 chapters per month

PROGRAMMER Job Description and Employment Terms:
- Program in Ren'py
- Must be able to use GIT (or willing to learn)
- Can speak and understand English (communication is key)
- Can do image conversions to webp and audio conversions to ogg (or willing to learn)
- $30 per chapter of AVN, negotiable

Other Terms:
- Payment by either PayPal or Payoneer
- Can start work on new projects immediately

Our Games:
- Usually Incest-themed
- Must be open to doing other themes if necessary
- Slow build, story-driven
- You can check out our games to get a feel of our style and what you'll be doing (you will be working on new projects, not these):
Powers That Be --- https://f95zone.to/threads/powers-that-be-v0-5-2-burst-out-games.62594/
No Place Like Home --- https://f95zone.to/threads/no-place-like-home-v0-0-5-burst-out-games.96017/

Contact Us:
- Burst Out Games#1810 (Discord)

Rknudson

Jun 18, 2020
How much do you think each render should cost?
Most games would offer a portion of revenue sharing. I have noticed a number of them seem to be dividing their revenue as equal shares or as a majority going towards the artist since it is the most time consuming and costly part of developing the game. It also would keep the artist invested in the game since changing artists would change the art style midway into the game might be off putting for some players.

I can't put a price on the value of a single render since it would highly vary on the artist and the complexity of the scene

badboi6969

Feb 2, 2022
Most games would offer a portion of revenue sharing. I have noticed a number of them seem to be dividing their revenue as equal shares or as a majority going towards the artist since it is the most time consuming and costly part of developing the game. It also would keep the artist invested in the game since changing artists would change the art style midway into the game might be off putting for some players.

I can't put a price on the value of a single render since it would highly vary on the artist and the complexity of the scene
still any range for a mid tier render?

NoseBleeds

Apr 22, 2022
still any range for a mid tier render?
Think about it this way: Being extremely generous, let's say you're incredibly organized, efficient, have a high-end PC and have a storyboard ready to guide you through the process. With that, let's assume that a single image will take you about 15 minutes of time to make (note that simply rendering the scene can take up to 15 minutes or even longer on a mid-tier PC). This would mean you would be able to complete 4 images in an hour. Let's say you're able to consistently make 4 images an hour regardless of complexity. Using those numbers, OP is offering 6.67$ to 10$ an hour for 10 to 30 hours worth of work a month.

Remember, you would have to have superhuman-like levels of productivity in order to achieve this. Not to mention, that this assumes you won't be wasting any time constantly communicating with the team and that all your images are perfect and won't need to be redone or rerendered for any reason. This also assumes you won't be doing any post work on the images.

Reactions: The Masked Man

badboi6969

Feb 2, 2022
Think about it this way: Being extremely generous, let's say you're incredibly organized, efficient, have a high-end PC and have a storyboard ready to guide you through the process. With that, let's assume that a single image will take you about 15 minutes of time to make (note that simply rendering the scene can take up to 15 minutes or even longer on a mid-tier PC). This would mean you would be able to complete 4 images in an hour. Let's say you're able to consistently make 4 images an hour regardless of complexity. Using those numbers, OP is offering 6.67$ to 10$ an hour for 10 to 30 hours worth of work a month.

Remember, you would have to have superhuman-like levels of productivity in order to achieve this. Not to mention, that this assumes you won't be wasting any time constantly communicating with the team and that all your images are perfect and won't need to be redone or rerendered for any reason. This also assumes you won't be doing any post work on the images.
Phew now that you put it like that...

KiaAzad

Feb 27, 2019
I like to impart on you some second hand wisdom.
It would be a good idea to have the minimum wage (in USA) as your baseline, around $10 per hour.
Most people charge for the time they spend getting the instructions and posing the models accordingly, and on average an hour per image is a good estimate. Some add the cost of buying models, initial time it takes to dress-up and shape the models, and something for the powerful computer they had to buy.
At the very least pricing each render around $15 or $20, in reality it's usually costs much higher than that.
I was terrible at rendering, but I would charge around $80 per comic page, until I've decided it isn't worth my time anymore.
That brings up another problem, if you don't pay your team members enough, there is a higher chance they'll find a better offer and abandon you. You can always find starving artists that agree to do the job for peanuts, but don't keep them starving if you want to keep them on board.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
A 1080 render is sub >5min on a 3090, a 4k one around >12min on average with Daz/Iray.
You will lost around ~3 min for the postwork on the 1st image and copy/paste to the rest.

Wait till you find placing 3D assets you didn't made and clicking the render button is not the highly valuable skill you think it is. Flipping burgers on fast food chain require around the same technical skill, doesn't make you a french chief but at least serve a purpose.

But muh lightening!? Congrats you successfully created a 150*150cm plane that emit light. You should start knocking the door at every 3D studio with those robust skill.

NoseBleeds

Apr 22, 2022
A 1080 render is sub >5min on a 3090
I assume what you're trying to say here is the following: "A 1080p render (Full HD) will take less than (<) 5 minutes to render using an RTX 3090." That sounds about right for a render using 1-2 characters with a simple background. If you have more characters, reflections, transparent materials such as windows, etc. it will certainly take more time. That being said, assuming rendering time is 0, 15 minutes is still quite the achievement for just setting up the scene.

You will lost around ~3 min for the postwork on the 1st image and copy/paste to the rest
I believe you're referring to a LUT here. LUTs are great, they save a lot of time, but they're only useful on a per scene/per location basis. If you were to change locations or your current location looks different (say an outdoors scene taking place at different times of the day) you will have to make a new LUT. 3 minutes for post-work, while possible, is not something you should expect from a novice. Not to mention you would be wasting a lot of time importing your image, applying the LUT and then exporting. With a handful of images, the time is negligible, but with a big batch, the time adds up.

Wait till you find placing 3D assets you didn't made and clicking the render button is not the highly valuable skill you think it is.
This is very disappointing to read. I feel you don't exactly understand the amount of work that goes into a single image. To begin with, modeling/sculpting/texturing, photography/cinematography and posing/animating are all different skills. Pointing out that you're posing a model you didn't create yourself is not as hard-hitting as you believe it to be. You could also argue that you can simply use pose packs. The issue with that is that those packs don't always work with every character and you will usually have to adjust any pose you import. At the end of the day, you're better off making your own poses. (To save on time, you can save certain poses you made you think you might be reusing on the same character.)

Saying all you're doing is placing an asset and clicking render is the same as saying the only thing a cinematographer does is hit record or the only thing an actor does is say his lines or the only thing a writer does is write words. It's an oversimplification of an otherwise complex and artistic task.

Flipping burgers on fast food chain require around the same technical skill, doesn't make you a french chief but at least serve a purpose.
Flipping burgers in a fast-food chain is an almost mechanical task where you are expected to follow a prompt that is given to you exactly the same way anyone else would in your position.

Creating visuals is a creative task in which you are required to capture the vision of your client or employer following a subjective and at times abstract set of rules.

They are not the same.

But muh lightening!? Congrats you successfully created a 150*150cm plane that emit light. You should start knocking the door at every 3D studio with those robust skill.
This last comment is the most telling to me. I don't believe you have any real experience on the topic seeing as how you're downplaying the work that goes into it. Not to mention that your solution to lighting a subject is a large single source of light, rather than the basic 3-point lighting structure.

While you don't have to be a painter to criticize a painting or the painter himself, at least knowing the basics of the medium will help give you a better understanding of the work and in turn help you give better, more constructive criticism.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
I assume what you're trying to say here is the following: "A 1080p render (Full HD) will take less than (<) 5 minutes to render using an RTX 3090." That sounds about right for a render using 1-2 characters with a simple background. If you have more characters, reflections, transparent materials such as windows, etc. it will certainly take more time. That being said, assuming rendering time is 0, 15 minutes is still quite the achievement for just setting up the scene.

I believe you're referring to a LUT here. LUTs are great, they save a lot of time, but they're only useful on a per scene/per location basis. If you were to change locations or your current location looks different (say an outdoors scene taking place at different times of the day) you will have to make a new LUT. 3 minutes for post-work, while possible, is not something you should expect from a novice. Not to mention you would be wasting a lot of time importing your image, applying the LUT and then exporting. With a handful of images, the time is negligible, but with a big batch, the time adds up.

This is very disappointing to read. I feel you don't exactly understand the amount of work that goes into a single image. To begin with, modeling/sculpting/texturing, photography/cinematography and posing/animating are all different skills. Pointing out that you're posing a model you didn't create yourself is not as hard-hitting as you believe it to be. You could also argue that you can simply use pose packs. The issue with that is that those packs don't always work with every character and you will usually have to adjust any pose you import. At the end of the day, you're better off making your own poses. (To save on time, you can save certain poses you made you think you might be reusing on the same character.)

Saying all you're doing is placing an asset and clicking render is the same as saying the only thing a cinematographer does is hit record or the only thing an actor does is say his lines or the only thing a writer does is write words. It's an oversimplification of an otherwise complex and artistic task.

Flipping burgers in a fast-food chain is an almost mechanical task where you are expected to follow a prompt that is given to you exactly the same way anyone else would in your position.

Creating visuals is a creative task in which you are required to capture the vision of your client or employer following a subjective and at times abstract set of rules.

They are not the same.

This last comment is the most telling to me. I don't believe you have any real experience on the topic seeing as how you're downplaying the work that goes into it. Not to mention that your solution to lighting a subject is a large single source of light, rather than the basic 3-point lighting structure.

While you don't have to be a painter to criticize a painting or the painter himself, at least knowing the basics of the medium will help give you a better understanding of the work and in turn help you give better, more constructive criticism.
Rendering 1 or 20 chars won't barely change the rendering time outcome. Quality of your lightgning will, especially with Daz/Iray, it's your main driving force. Keeping surface's specularity in check too, as well as making any DoF outside Daz because how pixel convergence works. That's about it. "Quite an achievement", but for who? It's fucking nothing burger.

I'm not talking about LUT, but mostly standard correction (it's literally 1 min in Lightroom). You shoot render in sequence. Guess what? You just can copy paste that correction to the other render in that same sequence. For 60 renders you will do ~3 or 4 hard postwork.

Disappointing or not, it has to be said at least once. For god sake 99% of us have no game (none, zero, zip, nada) in "modeling/sculpting/texturing" nor in "photography/cinematography and posing/animating". It's barely ever touched - and most of the time in ridiculous way. I don't blame them, we're all amateur but stop it with the self aggrandizing BS. And no, Copolla nor Tarantino share nothing in common with you, go touch some grass.

My comment about that 150*150 plane was made in jest, but wait till you learn there is a whole world outside a 3-point light sitcom lightening. Go ask Van Schendel (I'm kidding he's dead).

Last edited:

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
This also assumes you won't be doing any post work on the images.
Same animations, diversity in poses/expressions, or even competent lighting (the lighting in OP's games are rough, to put it generously.). No self-respecting artist, Daz or not, is going to work for what he's offering.

Harard

Aug 23, 2016
I'm a programmer by profession and have hobby experience with RenPy. Just by the number I guess the offered rate is quite below my non-sexy-rate. But I'm fine with a cut since it's a work of passion.

I've added you as friends on discord - the invite in your signature is outdated.