Zepheral

Dec 2, 2017

...I mean, is there anything left to say?

Finally, after nearly 6 months of work, the final chapter of Crimson Veil is complete and it's release is imminent. Thank you all so much for your patience through the delays, but I'm happy to be able to share the game's ending with you all. On Patreon and , I have refreshed the page's banner with the game's new title screen. This represents the next phase in this project's development. I won't go too deep into details now to keep the focus on the story's finale, but rest assured, more great content is on it's way in future updates!

But, until then, what's next?

I'll be working behind the scenes on updating the walkthrough next. My goal is to finish it in time for the public release on Dec 25th. I'll also be pulling down the art assets and sketches currently available to 5$ and up patrons, as I begin to upload the new ones. These perks will be released the same day as the game's release, so just be aware of that, if you a supporter in that tier! Aside from that, I have some fanart that I've been meaning to work on for a while, unrelated to Crimson Veil. It'll be nice to work on art that isn't related to the game for a change! I'll be sharing it with you once it's done. I'm sure some of you will appreciate it!

The holidays are a time filled with tons of family obligations, scheduling conflicts, and stress for most, so I plan to take it easy this month and try to enjoy it. I still have Xenoblade 3 in the cellophane since I bought it back in July, so maybe it's time a crack that baby open and sink some time into a different sort of RPG!

That's all I got for this week. I hope to see you all here next week at 8 PM EST for the update's release!
I wonder if it's gonna be available on steam? Either way, I'm stoked to buy it.

Reactions: mkrudesign

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
I wonder if it's gonna be available on steam? Either way, I'm stoked to buy it.
No need to buy it at all. mkrudesign has released every version free to the public a couple of weeks after the Patreon release. The only reason to pay for the game is to get access to the cheat/developer room in game and all the bonus art posted on Patreon.

Blanton

Jun 8, 2020

Finally, after nearly 6 months of work, the final chapter of Crimson Veil is complete and it's release is imminent. Thank you all so much for your patience through the delays, but I'm happy to be able to share the game's ending with you all. On Patreon and , I have refreshed the page's banner with the game's new title screen. This represents the next phase in this project's development. I won't go too deep into details now to keep the focus on the story's finale, but rest assured, more great content is on it's way in future updates!

I'll be working behind the scenes on updating the walkthrough next. My goal is to finish it in time for the public release on Dec 25th. I'll also be pulling down the art assets and sketches currently available to 5$ and up patrons, as I begin to upload the new ones. These perks will be released the same day as the game's release, so just be aware of that, if you a supporter in that tier! Aside from that, I have some fanart that I've been meaning to work on for a while, unrelated to Crimson Veil. It'll be nice to work on art that isn't related to the game for a change! I'll be sharing it with you once it's done. I'm sure some of you will appreciate it!

The holidays are a time filled with tons of family obligations, scheduling conflicts, and stress for most, so I plan to take it easy this month and try to enjoy it. I still have Xenoblade 3 in the cellophane since I bought it back in July, so maybe it's time a crack that baby open and sink some time into a different sort of RPG!

That's all I got for this week. I hope to see you all here next week at 8 PM EST for the update's release!
Congrats on reaching this landmark, been nice watching the project develop

Oct 26, 2017

Enjoy the holidays if you can MKRU, you deserve this! Congratulations on reaching the main story milestone, you've been working nonstop on this project and it pays off.

izmakiel1988

Sep 18, 2017
@mkrudesign
I just want to say that i has been an absolute joy for me to follow this project of yours. I've been following your progress since way back when chapter 1 was all there was. I've loved seeing your writing and art skills improve, slowly getitng better and better. I can't wait to see the finale to what has quickly become one of my favorite games and look forward to seeing where you go with the vampire route. Your dedication to your project and communication with your community is honestly something I wish more devs did, they could learn a lot from you. I wish you all the best in any future endeavors of yours.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019

The time has finally come! The conclusion to Crimson Veil has finally arrived for all patrons, after nearly four years!

If you haven't been following this project closely or have been waiting for the story to be complete to play, there has never been a better time to pick up Crimson Veil! With the included save files, you can quickly pick back up from where you left off, and the Developer's Room* will give you access to tools that further customize your returning playthrough!

(*check the pinned post at the top of my Patreon page for further details).

So what are you waiting for?! If you aren't a patron already, follow the link below to download the latest version for Windows and Mac!

(Android port will be released at a later date).

Thank you all so much for your continued support on this project over the last few years. I definitely could not have reached this milestone without you all and I am humbled to have so many of you eager to see this game's ending. As always, I am open to hearing your thoughts on where the game can be improved. Please report any issues you encounter with the game so that they can be corrected for the game's public release on 12/25/22!

I hope you all have a fantastic time!

stompintime

Apr 18, 2018

The time has finally come! The conclusion to Crimson Veil has finally arrived for all patrons, after nearly four years!

If you haven't been following this project closely or have been waiting for the story to be complete to play, there has never been a better time to pick up Crimson Veil! With the included save files, you can quickly pick back up from where you left off, and the Developer's Room* will give you access to tools that further customize your returning playthrough!

So what are you waiting for?! If you aren't a patron already, follow the link below to download the latest version for Windows and Mac!

Thank you all so much for your continued support on this project over the last few years. I definitely could not have reached this milestone without you all and I am humbled to have so many of you eager to see this game's ending. As always, I am open to hearing your thoughts on where the game can be improved. Please report any issues you encounter with the game so that they can be corrected for the game's public release on 12/25/22!

Congrats on finishing the campaign! Will you be moving onto another project, taking a well deserved break, or work on more content for the game?

Karl Speidel

Sep 20, 2021

When will the vampire route be completed? I waited like 4 years i could wait a bit more if it meant i can play both or will it take a long time? Cant believe this the main campaign is done after so many years,so many good games abandoned didnt help my optimism either.

Last edited:

Karl Speidel

Sep 20, 2021
Congrats on finishing the campaign! Will you be moving onto another project, taking a well deserved break, or work on more content for the game?
Btw will there be other routes outside human and vampire? The succubus encounter gave me hope there might be a succ route one day.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
When will the vampire route be completed? I wanted like 4 years i could wait a bit more if it meant i can play both or will it take a long time? Cant believe this the main campaign is done after so many years,so many good games abandoned didnt help my optimism either.
I cant say for sure yet, but I dont think it will take me 4 more years to finish it.

Karl Speidel

Sep 20, 2021
Routes? No. Extended playable endings? Possibly.
Dude a succubus route would be extremely popular,just look 2 people in a short span of time already agree,it would be more popular than the vampire and human route combined and could elevate your game,thinking about it for real tho!

Reactions: Zygard13
3.80 star(s) 21 Votes