[S> Other] [S>Artist 2D] Paid 2D animator looking for work.

thelawfulsock

Apr 3, 2020
Skills:

-I am a 2D Bone based animator possessing experience with rigging, skinning, and animating using Spine2D. I specialize in Pre-rendered scenes/CGs and character rigs. I make walk-cycles, idles, combat animations, lip syncs, complex facial rigs, effects(fluid, magic, etc.) and sex-animations( both pre-rendered and otherwise). I am also a capable enough illustrator to adjust art-assets as necessary, reducing the load on other artists.

Preferred method of contact:
- I prefer to be contacted via discord. If you wish to DM me, my username is thelawfulsock.
I can also be contacted on f95. (If I fail to respond quickly, please do hit me up on discord. I respond much quicker through that platform.)

Employment Type & Rates:
-Animations range from $60-$130. The complexity of the rig, how much prep-work is required, and length of the animation will largely determine the price. I've certainly had projects that go above and below the listed amounts.

Availability:
- I can often fit projects between each other, giving me a large amount of freedom when it comes to when I am available. Thus, I don't really have any limits and I am confident I can meet your needs.

Work Samples:
-Animation previews can be found embedded further down.

Additional comments:
- I’m quite open to working on just about any content. Few exceptions to this exist, mostly violence, underage, and bodily waste stuff. I ask that you be upfront me with what content you are working with. It will save us quite a bit of headache down the line.

Animation samples with art drawn by other artists (XXOOM, VanillamilkNSFW, Vrisoka ,Cella, and a variety of anonymous artists):

View attachment NSFW_reel_low.mp4

View attachment ElsyRide.webm

View attachment overgrown.webm
View attachment 30SECE-2.mp4

View attachment shrew.webm
dom.gif

If you'd like to see more of my work I post a variety of things on my twitter:

Last edited:

thelawfulsock

Apr 3, 2020
Did some work for a game called "Tales of the Moon". Its neat, go check it out:
View attachment forc_5.webm View attachment gobb.webm
(These animations have been updated as they were no longer representative of my ability as an animator. The animations found ingame are a little less refined. Videos of the old animations have still been left attached to this post.)

Last edited:

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
I never really commissioned any animated work, so I'm kind of curious about what's need to be provided to the animator in order to get a picture animated.

Do you simply need a .PSD file of the original artwork ? Nothing more ?

thelawfulsock

Apr 3, 2020
I never really commissioned any animated work, so I'm kind of curious about what's need to be provided to the animator in order to get a picture animated.

Do you simply need a .PSD file of the original artwork ? Nothing more ?
All you need is an image you own the rights to(or have permission to use). Past that the value of a .PSD can vary.

In terms of what's optimal: The assets need layering. Layering being the the separation and drawing-through of the art that will be in motion(or is behind said art). Sometimes this is done by the artist. But since its not necessary if you are not animating it is often never done.

Most of the .PSDs I get are simply the background separated from the rest of a scene with a bunch of blending mode layers that I need to work to collapse. Its not entirely as labour intensive as splitting a static image, but its close.

Independent of the above, I'm plenty content to work with whatever you have. I only charge a small bit extra for the splitting work.

Oh I should mention that context is something I appreciate having for an animation. If I'm not familiar with the property I'm flailing in the dark when it comes to the tone and resulting motion of a piece. A good example of this is the "The Survival of Sarah Rose" animation I did above. When I asked for context I had it made clear that they were both into it, and had the hots for each other. This swayed my initial impression of what the scene would be quite a bit.

Last edited:

Gwedelino

Game Developer
Sep 4, 2017
All you need is an image you own the rights to(or have permission to use). Past that the value of a .PSD can vary.

In terms of what's optimal: The assets need layering. Layering being the the separation and drawing-through of the art that will be in motion(or is behind said art). Sometimes this is done by the artist. But since its not necessary if you are not animating it is often never done.

Most of the .PSDs I get are simply the background separated from the rest of a scene with a bunch of blending mode layers that I need to work to collapse. Its not entirely as labour intensive as splitting a static image, but its close.

Independent of the above, I'm plenty content to work with whatever you have. I only charge a small bit extra for the splitting work.

Oh I should mention that context is something I appreciate having for an animation. If I'm not familiar with the property I'm flailing in the dark when it comes to the tone and resulting motion of a piece. A good example of this is the "The Survival of Sarah Rose" animation I did above. When I asked for context I had it made clear that they were both into it, and had the hots for each other. This swayed my initial impression of what the scene would be quite a bit.
Thanks, that's very clear.

thelawfulsock

Apr 3, 2020
I remastered a few old animations for the practice, they came out quite nice.
I do still have availability for commissions (see twitter for details) and the work listed above.

goofy.gif shrew.gif gargoyle.gif