---

Status
Not open for further replies.

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
Devs like to add consequences to messing up. Turning it off at the start removes that but adding warnings lets them know if they keep messing up it will go wrong.

That's the problem.

What you proposed isn't a solution. It removes consequences and cheapens the game to please a few people.
Devs are free to add consequences, but like somebody above said, adding them by in-choice warning is not proper solution.
Not adding warning has nothing to do with adding or not any consequences.
Baldurs Gate, Witcher 1,2,3, many other RPGs have plenty of consequences. But they don't add damn warnings to dialogues.

Reactions: JRD

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Devs are free to add consequences, but like somebody above said, adding them by in-choice warning is not proper solution.
Baldurs Gate, Witcher 1,2,3, many other RPGs have plenty of consequences. But they don't add damn warnings to dialogues.
You're comparing actual games to H games which is so far off the mark it's laughable.

There are a hell of a lot of people play these H games that have never touched an actual game.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
You're comparing actual games to H games which is so far off the mark it's laughable.

There are a hell of a lot of people play these H games that have never touched an actual game.
More and more devs are considering making their games more mainstream, so that they can sell them through legit channels. Then adding the H content through DLC, or mod. Putting the base game on steam, the app store, and google, will make them a lot more money than patreon tips.

Reactions: JRD

JRD

Feb 4, 2018
I'm not a fan of NTR (and a few others) so when I see that tag I just move on. The sample renders may look good in the description, but if there's a tag that I have an aversion to then I don't d/l. No big loss, plenty of other games out there.

So I support the OP. If there's an NTR tag in the game description there shouldn't be hints when the story offers a choice. You clearly know what you're getting yourself into when d/l'ing the game. Just find something else to play if you don't like a tag.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Next there'll be warning about endgames, too. Imagine a menu of choices, and two of them have a large red warning text attached:
Warning, warning! If you click this choice in the menu, you'll lose the game!! You'll get like 10 more frames and then, suddenly, BOOM!!! Surprise!!! "You're dead! End game!"

That would be fun to play, right?! Surprises and all.

Last edited:
Reactions: CobraPL

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
Keep it civil!
Any personal attacks, even if responding to other personal attacks, will result in warnings. We have a report system. Use it.
And yet the first post is blatantly aggressive... and even has a "like" from one of the staff... I bet if someone against his view point used the same language "lovers of this fetish can just F... Off, while the haters will have a better experience" , it would be grounds for moderation (post deleted, or even a warning).

Also that "quote" is directly lifted from the opening post, so I better not get in trouble for it, unless the OP poster also does..
NTR haters could f... off, while NTR fans will have better experience.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
i think the reason we get angry posts is because of the ntr-haters neverending complains and passive aggressive posts to make devs change or even remove ntr from their games.
think if all the games you like you get tons of people complaining about it and eventually you start to notice that professional devs start to change and remove the fetishes you enjoy, this to make the complainers stop complaining.

no dev want to have negative posts all the time, its stressful and you lose motivation and you get sad.

its like 100 restaurants in your town and you get 1 vegan only-restaurant and the meat-lovers start to complain why they don't sell meat. they protest, complain, riots to force that vegan restaurant to be a meat restaurant.
i think its quite obvious that all the vegans will be angry and start to complain why the meat-lovers can't just go to any of the 99 restaurants that sell meat and get over it. but the meat-lovers would not, they keep complaining and complaining until they get what they want.

thats the problem.

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
i think the reason we get angry posts is because of the ntr-haters neverending complains and passive aggressive posts to make devs change or even remove ntr from their games.
think if all the games you like you get tons of people complaining about it and eventually you start to notice that professional devs start to change and remove the fetishes you enjoy, this to make the complainers stop complaining.

no dev want to have negative posts all the time, its stressful and you lose motivation and you get sad.

its like 100 restaurants in your town and you get 1 vegan only-restaurant and the meat-lovers start to complain why they don't sell meat. they protest, complain, riots to force that vegan restaurant to be a meat restaurant.
i think its quite obvious that all the vegans will be angry and start to complain why the meat-lovers can't just go to any of the 99 restaurants that sell meat and get over it. but the meat-lovers would not, they keep complaining and complaining until they get what they want.

thats the problem.
That's a horrible comparison... a more accurate representation would be this

100 "normal" restaurants, 25 Vegan restaurants all in the same city... tools that only eat meat go complain that the Vegan restaurants dont cater exclusively to them... meanwhile Vegan customers also go to the meat/dairy restaurants and demand they serve vegan food cause there are less of their favorite food restaurant... while also claiming they dont do this ever... and only their rivals do.

Than some wishy-washy "person" with ambition but no brains decides... holy crap I just got an idea, I will call my restaurant "Meat Lovers Welcome... with optional Vegan food UPON request"... both sides decide to go eat there to try it out... vegans get upset cause they are unsure if the grease of the hated meat touched their vegan purity... meanwhile meat lovers get pissed cause the "meat-lover-surprise" dish ended up being disgusting fake meat made out of Soy or Tofu...

What's the lesson ? A horse that chases two carrots catches neither...

Dont make optional NTR games... make your harem, vanilla, incest, etc games... or make full hardcore NTR games... and let capitalism decide their fate... if the NTR games lack support and go the way of the Dodo good, the system works... dont come complain into other popular game threads to include that fetish... similar on the opposite side... if the vanilla crowd games get abandoned dont go and complain that its the cucks fault, or bash their games...

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
And yet the first post is blatantly aggressive... and even has a "like" from one of the staff... I bet if someone against his view point used the same language "lovers of this fetish can just F... Off, while the haters will have a better experience" , it would be grounds for moderation (post deleted, or even a warning).

Also that "quote" is directly lifted from the opening post, so I better not get in trouble for it, unless the OP poster also does..
First, the OP has been edited twice since TCMS's reaction 4 hours ago, including the addition of the phrase you're quoting. I will address that with the OP shortly.

Second, here's his reaction to the original version of the OP:

1567697772971.png

^this is not a "like"

Third, your report for another post on this thread - and thank you for reporting it, by the way - makes it sound like you think that all the staff and moderators are all sitting at our PCs watching every new post as it's posted in real time and we all saw that post and went "meh, that's fine". We're not, and we didn't. Which is why we need people to report shit like you did. Again, thank you.

So seriously, please ease up on the righteous indignation, OK?

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Rythan25

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
And now both the OP and title have been edited by CobraPL to the list of things we can actually talk about on this forum without being hateful children towards one another.

1567699578452.png

Where's a fucking tumbleweed gif when you need one?

Status
Not open for further replies.