3D Games Reuse Same Sex Animations

6DarkRaven9

Nov 14, 2017
Where are they getting them then? I swear, Assylum, Horny Henry, Farmer's Dreams, etc. use the same stuff.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
My guess is that they are an asset from DAZ3D.
Humanoid skeletons can work with pretty much any animation made for them, many people would prefer to reuse animations done with mocap since not everyone can afford those tools and hand-made animations are not as good, usually.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Animation packages for DAZ more than likely.

None of these amateur devs are animators so they don't make their own but people keep asking these amateur devs with no animation experience to put animations in their game so we either get stock animations from DAZ or those shitty, game ruining stop frame animations like Dreams of Desire that kill any sexyness going on.

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Mmhhm. If everyone is using them, that may be an asset available somewhere.

It's not that hard to animate a 3D model. Actually, it's something that feels pretty satisfying to me since you don't have to draw 10+ times the same characters but in a slightly different position (that'd be 2D animation).

I think they're not trying to use original animations since they don't wanna risk their game's quality in exchange for using 'bad' original animations so they can acquire experience and improve later. That's something pretty normal, and since there's some beginner devs that focus more on making money than anything else they tend to not try new things so they don't risk themselves to recieve a smaller amount of income.

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
There are 35+ Daz3D animation packages already here one F95zone... including...

Balance G3 Couple :
Bounce POV G3 Couple :
Bounce G3 Couple :
Missionary G3 Couple :
2 Girlz G3 Threesome :
Work It G3 Couple :
Wall G8 Couple :
Puppy Style G8 Couple :
Puppy Style G3 Couple :
Wild Ride G8 Couple :
Missionary G8 Couple :
Wild Ride G3 Couple :
Wall G3 Couple :

Hell... you get the idea...

Just visit https://f95zone.to/latest/#/cat=assets/page=1/tags=2254/prefixes=33/sort=rating
(Daz assets on the latest page, filtered to only show asset-animations)

... and yeah, if I were writing a game (which I'm not) and barely had a clue with Daz3D (entirely true)... I'd probably try to use some of these animations... because players want games with animations. I'm sure it's the sort of thing that adds a few extra dollars to people's Patreon donations.
That said. If I were struggling with Daz already... maybe animations should be avoided until I get to grips with the basics first.

Last edited:

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Most of the sex animations for Daz Studio are offered through Renderotica (see the links in the relevant F95Zone animation assets posts), with Stimuli's animations being the most well known. These can be a real timesaver, as it takes time to set up the various keyframes for the animations for each figure. Sure, you may need to adjust the 'premade' animations here and there, but you'd be making similar adjustments to your own animation.

As for the other engines (Honey Select, etc.), I'd imagine you have similar offerings r.e. animations.

Some people like having 'full' animations in the games they play, others are happy with just having a short series of poses that Renpy, etc. can cycle through.

Myself, I find that many of Stimuli's animations simply repeat the same animation multiple times in a given sequence, so I usually 'chop off' the duplicate cycles when rendering (trying to find a smoot 'transition cutoff' point usually takes a couple of tries though). If the animations were slightly different for each cycle, that'd be more interesting, but the extra cycles look like simple 'cut and paste' to me. As animated sequences add a LOT to download size, chopping down these animations to a single cycle or two helps keep the download sizes down.

Here's an example of what I mean (I posted this one in the BB fan art thread). Simply use the 'loop' function on your player to get the full effect.

It may seem like there's an extra frame or something depending on your player, but that may just be your player 'pausing' as it resets to the beginning. Or I may have missed/added a frame. Anyways, this is what I mean by 'cutting down' the length of the animation sequence so that it's more manageable size wise.

As for the 'bouncing' legs and such, if I were to render this sequence again I'd probably go in and see if I could arrest that motion a little bit (Stimuli's animations aren't perfect), but at 24 FPS, yeah that's a lot of frames to adjust, and this was done mainly for fun fan art purposes anyways, 'cuz Anne is so fuckable...

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
Here's an example of what I mean (I posted this one in the BB fan art thread). Simply use the 'loop' function on your player to get the full effect.

It may seem like there's an extra frame or something depending on your player, but that may just be your player 'pausing' as it resets to the beginning. Or I may have missed/added a frame. Anyways, this is what I mean by 'cutting down' the length of the animation sequence so that it's more manageable size wise.

As for the 'bouncing' legs and such, if I were to render this sequence again I'd probably go in and see if I could arrest that motion a little bit (Stimuli's animations aren't perfect), but at 24 FPS, yeah that's a lot of frames to adjust, and this was done mainly for fun fan art purposes anyways, 'cuz Anne is so fuckable...
It looks great, especially with your more realistic characters than what Stimuli uses in their examples. Hoping they port the 2 girls one to G8 soon.

Reactions: OhWee

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Myself, I find that many of Stimuli's animations simply repeat the same animation multiple times in a given sequence, so I usually 'chop off' the duplicate cycles when rendering (trying to find a smoot 'transition cutoff' point usually takes a couple of tries though). If the animations were slightly different for each cycle, that'd be more interesting, but the extra cycles look like simple 'cut and paste' to me. As animated sequences add a LOT to download size, chopping down these animations to a single cycle or two helps keep the download sizes down.
Not sure about all of them, but I know a couple of them are the same body animations three times running with adjustments to head positions for each of the iterations. So, 95% "cut and paste" with small adjustments. Can't say if that's true for all of them.

And having done some of my own animations, I can clearly understand why people gravitate to the pre-done ones. LOL

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
The animations were nice for a bit, but after seeing the same exact ones multiple times they really lost their novelty. Milfy City makes their own (using the pre-made one's as a base) and Philly is making his own for his upcoming game.

But the animations also take a very long time to render and unless you change it up, it will look exactly like the same animation in every other game that has them.

Reactions: Akamari

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Yeah, i have never even touched one of those premade animations before. Most i will use them for going forward would be walk / run animations.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Creating animations is very laborious, but I also think it's important to know how to create your own, so the player will have something new to see and not the usual ones.

In our game (sorry about the advertising :whistle:), we created all the animations manually... right now I've finished rendering this one, have a look at it if you want:

Details: 30 frames FullHD, total rendering time 4h 30m (1080Ti + 1060), approximate creation time 4h

If you liked it, in the game we have 28 at the moment (some are repeated at different speeds, so that would be about 24), and you can also see a longer one in the link of my signature :devilish:

By the way, essential (at least for me) to use KayMate with DAZ... I still have to try the GraphMate :p

Honey hunters

Jan 23, 2020
Can any one help how to render the animation in Daz when I went to render it's rendering only in image format not in rendering in Animation format please provide steps to Rendering in Animation format please....

Honey hunters

Jan 23, 2020
It looks great, especially with your more realistic characters than what Stimuli uses in their examples. Hoping they port the 2 girls one to G8 soon.
Can any one help how to render the animation in Daz when I went to render it's rendering only in image format not in rendering in Animation format please provide steps to Rendering in Animation format please...

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
In the Render settings tab... you have to select Image Series and not Single image... Have a look on youtube there are many tutorials on how to.

Can any one help how to render the animation in Daz when I went to render it's rendering only in image format not in rendering in Animation format please provide steps to Rendering in Animation format please...

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I use scripts from Renderotica and make up my own anims... Jorreal is great at it so is EndlessTaboo and so on... @mgomez0077 is also damn good at it.

using the Renderotica scripts you just change camera angles to make em look different...

• Love
Reactions: Porcus Dev

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I prefer to use just an initial pose to start from. All the premade animations feel kind of generic and don't work my characters anyway. It's a shitload of work, but I think it's worth the effort.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I still think one can use teh pre-made scripted anims... Just get different camera angles.
Of course don't use the Pin to wall or missionary that may be overused type thing.

Making up your own is best as one can be proud of it... If i remember correctly your animations are seriously great. Loved little sisters facial expressions in that sexy scene especially...

I prefer to use just an initial pose to start from. All the premade animations feel kind of generic and don't work my characters anyway. It's a shitload of work, but I think it's worth the effort.

Reactions: recreation

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Scrypt anims is good to look how it's working and learn from it. Most problem of animation is that DAZ sometimes really throwing stick in front of you, like clipping hands, Aaah how I hate it. But hey if you finally done it and done it good. It's much better than copy pasta animation. On other hand there is maybe 5% of players that will really appreciate all that work. The rest just look game Have animations or not have.

So if you want to do animations because you want to get better and you like doying it. Make your own. If you just want any animation to your game, copy that already done. Almost nobodywill complain. (Sad but true).

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
100%

Scrypt anims is good to look how it's working and learn from it. Most problem of animation is that DAZ sometimes really throwing stick in front of you, like clipping hands, Aaah how I hate it. But hey if you finally done it and done it good. It's much better than copy pasta animation. On other hand there is maybe 5% of players that will really appreciate all that work. The rest just look game Have animations or not have.

So if you want to do animations because you want to get better and you like doying it. Make your own. If you just want any animation to your game, copy that already done. Almost nobodywill complain. (Sad but true).