EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016

scarlet_moon_title_screen.jpg

Overview:
Take on the role of a college student in Generica City, Michigan at some vague point in the not too distant future. One night in the fall of your Freshman year, you develop superpowers. Badgered into becoming a superhero by your well-meaning sister, you take on the moniker "Scarlet Moon" and try to protect Generica from the many supervillains suddenly popping up out of nowhere. Spank 'em if you win, get spanked by 'em if you lose, and good luck getting your homework done!

Thread Updated: 2020-10-07
Release Date: 2020-10-07
Developer:
Censored: No
Version: 5.2.6
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - -
Mac: - -
Linux: - -

buzzsaw_spanking_2.jpg scarlet_moon_buzzsaw_spanking_1.jpg scarlet_moon_character_creation.jpg scarlet_moon_combat.png scarlet_moon_title_screen.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
That is the most horrible engine I've ever seen on this site, its like a BBC micro text adventure from the 80's without any of the nostalgic charm.

I'm a veteran around here and didn't even make it out of the first fight. I couldn't figure out what was going on but had already decided the game engine was so bad that it wasn't going to take much for me to drop this.

Chris299

Mar 28, 2017
We need more games that make "side dishes" the "main dish". Only one I can think about at the moment is an old text game that is all about blowjobs and only blowjobs.

Reactions: errata and aka

Thecatbred

Game Developer
Sep 24, 2018
Its 10 mb, try it out if you're mildly interested... you're not really losing anything.

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
I think the game is definitely worth a try, for the story alone, even if one doesn't particularly care about the spanking fetish.

However, I also have to say that simple HTML/JS (or or ) would have provided a much smoother experience for the end-users of your game. I'd be curious to know what motivated you in the choice of your (IMO, inadequate) engine.

-----------------------------------------------

Anyway, just played and mostly enjoyed it, till I reached a crash :

Log file :

Barring my reserves about your questionable UI choices, I would like to encourage the author to please fix the above and continue developing the game. I can't wait to play out the next part involving Megawater ^.^

Last edited:

aka

Jun 16, 2017
I think the game is definitely worth a try, for the story alone, even if one doesn't particularly care about the spanking fetish.

However, I also have to say that simple HTML/JS (or Twine) would have been a much, much better experience for the end-users of your game. I'd be curious to know what motivated you in the choice of your (IMO, inadequate) engine.
I'm glad you seem to be enjoying the story so much! I like to think my writing skills aren't half-bad, even if my UI skills leave something to be desired.

As for why I didn't use HTML/JS (or Twine) it really comes down to pure selfishness. I don't like Javascript. Like really really don't like Javascript. Like would rather get a root canal than work in Javascript.

I did look into Twine initially, and played around with it a bit, but there was no way I was going to be able to implement a combat engine in Twine without using Javascript (see above). Also, I just don't like Twine's IDE (I find its editor to be very minimal).

So yeah, I slapped together a POS UI that barely does the job solely so that I could use a language that I love in a development environment under my control. Ideal? Absolutely not. Maybe someday I'll try other GUI toolkits for Love to see if I can find one that's a better fit for my game than the one I'm currently using. But I'd honestly rather develop more content than fiddle endlessly with the UI. Especially since my free time is limited, and GUI programming is...not my favorite.

Thanks for the bug report! I'll be working on getting that cleaned up and a new version posted shortly. And don't worry, I've been working on this game for 4 years now, and won't be stopping anytime soon. I've only just now posted it on F95Zone, because I figured its reception would be...exactly what its reception has been. I am very aware of how rough my game is compared to the games posted here.

aka

Jun 16, 2017
Anyway, just played and mostly enjoyed it, till I reached a crash :

Log file :
Unfortunately, I'm having difficulty tracking the problem down. If you would be so kind as to tell me what gender your character is playing, as well as some of the text from just before the crash occurred, I would be very grateful. I suspect that there's a bug somewhere when the game automatically equips your character (either with your costume, or with civilian clothing), but I'm not able to duplicate it.

I would be *even more* grateful if you were willing to send me a savefile (the savefiles are under C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\LOVE\ScarletMoon on Windows), either through e-mail (aka@spankingrpgs.com) through a private message here, or attached to a message here.

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
Of course, there is no trouble at all.
I am preparing to send you the save game shortly.

EDIT : Please let me know .
EDIT2 : before the crash. Any of the dialogue options should lead to it.
EDIT3 : If it helps, I noticed that the game sometimes changed the clothing/hair options I had picked (just before heading to the farm with Julianna and Vanessa, for example), so I had to do it twice before it would stick.

Last edited:

Wayne

Life's pretty Straight without twisties
Donor
Nov 16, 2016
Game is unplayable Black Screen for 5 minutes had to terminate I Recommend the Dev use a different engine

Reactions: Twistty

aka

Jun 16, 2017
EDIT2 : before the crash. Any of the dialogue options should lead to it.
EDIT3 : If it helps, I noticed that the game sometimes changed the clothing/hair options I had picked (just before heading to the farm with Julianna and Vanessa, for example), so I had to do it twice before it would stick.
OK, I see the problem. So, the black dress is supposed to take up both the upper and lower clothing slots. However, it appears there's a bug where if you equip the outfit directly from the story screen (as opposed to going through the character screen first), it isn't correctly equipped into the lower slot. Then something weird happens when the game tries to put you in your work uniform and everything explodes. You shouldn't be able to have both the black dress and leggings equipped at the same time.

I'll work on getting that fixed. Thanks for the save file! I'll also improve the automatic clothing change (what you're seeing is a rather clumsy attempt to make sure you aren't wearing your costume. I eventually added a function to make that less clumsy, but I never went back and added it to earlier episodes).

Game is unplayable Black Screen for 5 minutes had to terminate I Recommend the Dev use a different engine
Argh! There is a stubborn bug in the Love game engine, where it doesn't display text on some Windows machines (particularly older machines). I've had other people run into this problem in the past, so there is a version of the game up on my website that doesn't use Love as a way around this. But it has its own quirks (you have to manually copy your save files from version to version, and you have to hit enter after each command). I didn't post both because I didn't want to overwhelm people with choices.

I can try uploading that version instead when I upload fixes for the bugs kindly pointed out by ThisIsMe88.

White Bomber

May 30, 2019
spanking fetish, huh mind as well see it from there prespactive.

i see romance [i hope its not forced like those in JRPGs].

kvier

Apr 30, 2018
Really enjoying this game so far, until I got to a crash in the first combat with Succubus.
Upon defeating the first minion, I get this:

Other problem is that I find it a little hard to read the font Georgia in white text on black (its strokes are a bit thin). I tried replacing it with New Century Schoolbook and found that a good deal easier.

Using Löve as your engine is a pretty neat choice - I like it. Especially that it generates an interactive HTML preview of the plot.

dalexe

Apr 10, 2020
Really nice game, although i wish there was some way to backtrack without having to save

Dracis3D

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2017
I love Superheroine games, and I played a good few of RAGS and Inform/TADS (guess the 'word' style games). The whole style of this game does hark back to that era. I must admit that for the first combat I was lost and even managed to attack and damage myself, and later re-attack defeated enemies.

As a game UI I think it needs more buttons on the screen, though I get it is designed for keyboard users first (I drove it via mouse). I also think you should offer a different background, I find white on black hard to read for a long period of time.

I get what you say about a combat engine in Twine/JS, though on the IDE side I find Twine 1 still superior to Twine 2.

Overall the writing is good, and it stays on kink. Downside for me is while I like the Superheroine in peril/defeat setting, spanking is a 'starter course' for me. Reminded me a little of the British Fox TADS game.

Omugu

Apr 8, 2018
Not digging the story so far, it doesn't feel like the player has any real agency, you can do everything right, and no matter what, it railroads your character into coming off as weak (edit: from my perspective at least, which probably isn't the target in the first place I'm thinking), I will give it that it was able to keep my attention for ~4 hours straight or so though, but I felt like I'd enjoy it a bit more if our character wasn't such a pushover in their interactions with other characters, good luck on further development though(y)