Suwi

Feb 8, 2019
Speaking of mods and modded content. How are they? Are they good or does it like interrupt/distract the main quest line or is it just like a side quest/story?

Also, I don't think you can put mods in Android since it's an APK after all. Might have to integrate the most of the mods in the base game and then make it into an APK for it to work.

Don't know how the Ren'Py conversions work so... Can someone explain?

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
Speaking of mods and modded content. How are they? Are they good or does it like interrupt/distract the main quest line or is it just like a side quest/story?

Also, I don't think you can put mods in Android since it's an APK after all. Might have to integrate the most of the mods in the base game and then make it into an APK for it to work.

Don't know how the Ren'Py conversions work so... Can someone explain?
Well, try to play those that are complete and don't change vanilla files. You can also make the game easier or harder depending on which mod you are using. BTW.... I am using mods on Android.
On different note....these hypnosis trainings are working really well on me. I don't remember when I fall asleep and wake up in a different places. And after waking up I constantly feel horny.

Suwi

Feb 8, 2019
Well, try to play those that are complete and don't change vanilla files. You can also make the game easier or harder depending on which mod you are using. BTW.... I am using mods on Android.
On different note....these hypnosis trainings are working really well on me. I don't remember when I fall asleep and wake up in a different places. And after waking up I constantly feel horny.
Like how do you even use mods on Android right now? Can you explain it further?

I think the music/sounds of the actual song itself do it for me. Not entirely sure how it works but it's some kind of eargasm I guess?

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
Like how do you even use mods on Android right now? Can you explain it further?

I think the music/sounds of the actual song itself do it for me. Not entirely sure how it works but it's some kind of eargasm I guess?
Sure.... So, first thing first....
You need to know where is the location of the game. Then create the 'Mods' folder there just like my screen shot. Then..... Download the mods. Extract them. Move the folder which contains all mods to the 'Mods' folder. Check my screen shot and if you still can't understand, ask again.

IMG_20210425_190756.jpg Screenshot_2021-04-25-19-03-53-382_com.mi.android.globalFileexplorer.jpg

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
If you are on Android and having trouble selecting from so many things because you can't scroll up and down, try to press slightly left from the bar and drag up and down

Oct 26, 2017
No issues with text here, pretty bad eyesight and laptop monitor, playing at max res.
Maybe try zooming in/out as suggested by Jenus if you use a mobile device?

Not sure if someone reported these already, or if they are actual bugs at all.

I'll try my best to provide help on how to replicate as well where possible:
- Perks may require re-confirming stats multiple times to unlock ones the player already qualified for (and still had enough perk points as well). Or is that intended for tier 1 perks? If so, I apologize!
- Spending all sensitivity points seems to reset perks for a specific situation. I could not reproduce that one, but had to get perks again one by one.
- Progress reset in dialogue after updating saves. Not sure if this is the update process itself or "migrating" saves incorrectly (the latter would be user-error-replace-user-and-try-again) but had to talk to everyone in town again for them to acknowledge the progress (and update their shops accordingly), same for the temple perks for donations... and the debt. Another million eros down the drain. :LOL:
- Amber specifically (Item Shop) absolutely refuses to acknowledge any progress after this until being talked to twice or more, apparently.

To keep this in the same post (doubleposting always feels rude), this has likely been asked a lot but is there a way to disable quicksaves and autosaves in a less quirky way? Thanks!
Python:
## options.rpy
define config.has_autosave = False
define config.has_quicksave = False
define config.autosave_on_quit = False
define config.autosave_on_choice = False
I'm aware of the autosave frequency alternative and that's probably overkill but... since death isn't really at *every* corner and there are many opportunities to save in Threshold's game, some players might go with manual autosaves (and attempt to code this in themselves).

I don't think there's a global way to do it (for every Ren'py game that is) just in case you have tons of Ren'py VNs that have to be set one by one but I'd be more than happy to be wrong!

(Makes it easier to fix if the options ever become deprecated and break things too.)

Last edited:

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
Unfortunately, using mods on Android produce too many errors because the pictures from mods are not recognized by the game.

Suwi

Feb 8, 2019
Sure.... So, first thing first....
You need to know where is the location of the game. Then create the 'Mods' folder there just like my screen shot. Then..... Download the mods. Extract them. Move the folder which contains all mods to the 'Mods' folder. Check my screen shot and if you still can't understand, ask again.

View attachment 1162364 View attachment 1162363
So... Just like every other game that can be played on PC. Still quite informative but I downloaded the game as an application rather than something with folders. If that makes sense to you.

If I'm wrong, in which probably I am then how did you access the program files itself and get to the mod folder? I tried checking mine but it just starts the game and there's no other folder inside my files except for the saves.

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
So... Just like every other game that can be played on PC. Still quite informative but I downloaded the game as an application rather than something with folders. If that makes sense to you.

If I'm wrong, in which probably I am then how did you access the program files itself and get to the mod folder? I tried checking mine but it just starts the game and there's no other folder inside my files except for the saves.
Ok... I think you mean you download the apk and not folder. Yeah... It's normal. You can't download files for game. For mobile it's apk. After installing the game you can actually see the files. That's the games save files location.
First, download the apk, then install the game. Then start the game once. This will create the game files.
In order to check where is the location, go to
Internal storage/Android/data/monstergirldreams.program/files/game/Mods/(put mods here)
'Mods' folder you need to create yourself. I hope you know how to create a new folder in Android phone.

Last edited:

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
Be careful of using mods though. If you started playing with mods, then later decided to remove the mods, it will most likely break your game and you need to restart the game from the beginning. I am having this problem because most of the mods don't follow the same code as game and that's why their pictures don't load and create lots of error.

Suwi

Feb 8, 2019
Be careful of using mods though. If you started playing with mods, then later decided to remove the mods, it will most likely break your game and you need to restart the game from the beginning. I am having this problem because most of the mods don't follow the same code as game and that's why their pictures don't load and create lots of error.
Good thing I actually came here once again to check this out before I downloaded any mods. Since I could have broken all my save States and had to restart the game again because of it.

Thanks! I think I can take over from here and get those mods up and running soon.

Link_Xp4444

Jan 6, 2018
Well, I found the Bamboo Road mod in GitHub but unfortunately I don't have a clue how to install it. If you try to add it to the Mods folder like all the other mods for the game you can't even start up the game, and even if you remove all your other mods and still try to use this mod by itself it still breaks the game. If anyone else knows more about mods they can try to get it to work themselves.

P.S. ThresholdMGD I hate to ask this again but has Venefica's planned romance content been axed or is that for a later time?

ThresholdMGD

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
v23.6a is now out for bug fixing and some other assorted things.

ThresholdMGD
are you going to work on the labyrinth now?
hope we don't have to wait another year...
Bug and typo fixy.
Behind the scenes logistic infrastructure stuffs. (not code)
Then catch up on art implementation.
Possibly give Stella some love while I'm at it.
Then likely time to start on the labyrinth, and hopefully get all the art for it before the time it's done.

P.S. ThresholdMGD I hate to ask this again but has Venefica's planned romance content been axed or is that for a later time?
The plan for that last update was to finish the Vene/Elly quest.
There's definitely more room for Venefica romance stuff on top of what there already is.
But that can wait a while I think with everything she already has.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
v23.6a is now out for bug fixing and some other assorted things.

Bug and typo fixy.
Behind the scenes logistic infrastructure stuffs. (not code)
Then catch up on art implementation.
Possibly give Stella some love while I'm at it.
Then likely time to start on the labyrinth, and hopefully get all the art for it before the time it's done.

The plan for that last update was to finish the Vene/Elly quest.
There's definitely more room for Venefica romance stuff on top of what there already is.
But that can wait a while I think with everything she already has.
I'm a complete sucker for vanilla as fucc romantic stuff. Can't wait.

• Haha
Reactions: L30 and lnppo
4.60 star(s) 83 Votes