A Black RENDER Screen Output ..... ?!

Fall55

Oct 16, 2018
Hey , I faced a strange issue while rendering in DAZ
A Black screen Output . Has anyone faced it before ?
I don't know why . But, I created the scene all over again from the start and it's the same .
Those are the setting along with black render

4.png >> 2.png >> 3.png

Fall55

Oct 16, 2018
I delete all walls . i bushed the camera till it was in front of the figure just away a few inches.

Fall55

Oct 16, 2018
The shown camera is the one i'm using.
Could it be the focal length or frame width of the camera

5.png

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Do a quick render in perspective mode and we will see if its the render settings/lighting or the camera doing it.

Fall55

Oct 16, 2018
Yes, as I got frustrated I deleted every thing that is not needed of the rendered scene.
The result is the same.

Fall55

Oct 16, 2018
So for the last thing that I thought I can do : " I tried to delete the ceiling which is not as shown is not interfering with the camera" and viola >>>>>> It rendered fine

Fall55

Oct 16, 2018
The ceiling made me more frustrated after I knew that it was the cause of the problem.
How is it possible in first place?
The camera is far away from the ceiling and still, it blocked the way of the camera.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
The ceiling made me more frustrated after I knew that it was the cause of the problem.
How is it possible in first place?
The camera is far away from the ceiling and still, it blocked the way of the camera.
Something to do with your distant light at a guess, not the camera.

Fall55

Oct 16, 2018
How is that? I don't get it. I deleted The distant light in one of the attempts.
Others changed it with other options.
The result was the same till I deleted the ceiling.

But for future reference and notice : what is it about the distant light that can be avoided?

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
I don't use them so I am not 100% certain how they work, but it's like a sun, it shines from a distance, where arrows are in your scene are not the light, its the angle of where you are shining it. It just makes logical sense, if the scene is black it's usually the camera being blocked, in this case it wasn't so the only other thing is the light being blocked, in your case by the ceiling. To avoid it don't use them, it's an outdoor light, you need to learn indoor lighting, be it spotlights or emission planes.

I didn't actually notice the distance light when I first answered.

Fall55

Oct 16, 2018
Thanks you for tips. Very much appreciated.
I'm using "ghost light " products for the interior rendering.
I'm just new in this so I'm trying to get experience and skills by trying out by my hand.
And to say the truth ; The used lights and render options >>>> is very hard for me to use perfectly and every scene is not like the other ones.

KiaAzad

Feb 27, 2019
make sure your camera isn't below the ground plane, if that's not the culprit, check your log file:
help>troubleshooting>view log file
usually there's something written about why the render got interrupted.

Fall55

Oct 16, 2018
make sure your camera isn't below the ground plane, if that's not the culprit, check your log file:
help>troubleshooting>view log file
usually there's something written about why the render got interrupted.
Thanks for the reply. I tried everything back then. Moved the camera close , up,down and far from the scene nothing happened,still the black screen.
So, I got frustrated and began to delete every object i don't need and wasn't shown in rendered scene >>>> the result was the same black screen till I deleted the roof( AKA: Ceiling ) and it rendered okay.
I don't know what made the ceiling interfere with the render, If you ask me.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I have run into some glitches in Daz where some of your assets just get hidden for no reason and you have to redo the scene if you don't have the scene saved at a point before that happened. For instance I've had cases where I just zoom in or out and suddenly all of my characters are gone (even if I hide everything except the characters they're still gone). So you might just be seeing some sort of glitch. The most common cause that I've run into though for an entirely black render is having the camera inside a wall or something though.

Fall55

Oct 16, 2018
I faced some of those glitches too and loading a saved file ,solves some of the problems.

Actually sometimes i restart W10 and empty the daz files that stored in the "C:users/......./..../temp" and then open Daz. That , solves some of the glitches and Accelerates the processes that you perform in the studio.

KiaAzad

Feb 27, 2019
I don't know what made the ceiling interfere with the render, If you ask me.
well, if that distant light was your only light source, maybe the ceiling was blocking all of lights coming from outside. keep in mind that distant lights come from an infinite distance even if the light object is placed inside the model

Fall55

Oct 16, 2018
well, if that distant light was your only light source, maybe the ceiling was blocking all of lights coming from outside. keep in mind that distant lights come from an infinite distance even if the light object is placed inside the model
No, I use a combination of distant light and the lights of the Product ( Ghost Lights ).
Ghost Light >>> specialize in indoor lights. A good Kit if I may say.