Others A couple of questions about the release of the game.

Roezaka

Dec 28, 2017
Good Day!

I have almost finished my game and am going to release it in F95 soon, so I had a couple of questions.

1. What is the best way to release a game? I noticed that not all releases can be found in the game requests section, maybe there are some other ways?

2.I've noticed that most developers prefer not to own the thread with the game. Does this have something to do with incest? For example, if there is an incest patch in the thread then the developer might have a problem since he owns the thread? Any other reasons, perhaps?

3. My game will be free, but I would like to do an update on F95 one update later than on patreon. Will I be able to control this somehow, or will the game be updated anyway after a game request ?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
2.I've noticed that most developers prefer not to own the thread with the game.
The thread is owned by who created it, dot.
The authors who created a thread for their game own it, those who didn't don't own the thread. It's absolutely not more complicated than this.

3. My game will be free, but I would like to do an update on F95 one update later than on patreon. Will I be able to control this somehow, or will the game be updated anyway after a game request ?
The thread will be updated anytime a version is made available to the uploaders. It can be a version that come from you, from another site, leaked by one of you patrons, or someone who tell that the last release is now freely available. It all depend of the moment.
But at no time the fact to own the thread give you some right over when and how it can be updated. The only right it give you is to edit the thread to update it by yourself.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
1. What is the best way to release a game? I noticed that not all releases can be found in the game requests section, maybe there are some other ways?
If you want to own the OP in your game thread, then create a post in the Game Requests section, except do it in the format of a game post. Then "report" the post, and ask that it be moved to the Games forum. Usually, that's all that's required.

That's probably one of the reasons you don't see some releases in the Requests area - because those posts have been moved.

If you want someone else to own the OP, then just fill out a request, including links, when you're ready for it to materialize here. (Unless someone else posts it first, of course.)

Owning the OP means that you can do things like edit the description, the changelog, etc., on your own. As anne O'nymous says, if someone provides links to your Patreon game update before you wanted them released here, you can't prevent that from happening. This is a pirate site, after all. However, owning the OP does tie you more tightly to the game, so if you're knowingly violating Patreon's ToS with it, you may not want to do that. There have been cases where people reported things off this site to Patreon and Patreon took action on them. It's not common, but it has happened.

Reactions: Roezaka