RPGM A Crazy Idea I Think

lebronnba78

Dec 24, 2022
Maybe I m asking something stupid but i was wondering if i can ask to a developer to create aspecific game. And in this case How much money would you have to give to ask a developer to create this game? Note that there is no desire to keep it for exclusive personal use and that the developer can use it as he wishes and in particular make money from it.

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
How much money would you have to give to ask a developer to create a specific game? Note that there is no desire to keep it for exclusive personal use and that the developer can use it as he wishes and in particular make money from it.
The game will be real shit then, as the developer will not invest his heart and soul into it.

But if you still wish to continue, you can try seeking someone on Fiverr.

lebronnba78

Dec 24, 2022
The game will be real shit then, as the developer will not invest his heart and soul into it.

But if you still wish to continue, you can try seeking someone on Fiverr.
Ok thanks, but i hope i can find a good developer to make a good game. I look for create a super hero parody with a good storyline and good models. I really think someone could be interested since marvel and dc are very popular.

pachipoi

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2022
it depends. if it roughly aligns with what they'd like to make anyway, then u wouldn't need to give them a whole lot of money, cause they also could make extra from patreon/substar as well. but the more it diverges from what they'd normally make, the more u'd have to pay (and the worse the results would be honestly). but yeah, if u're able to find the right person, 1k-10k dollars might be enough depending on their skill, and how specific u are with ur requests. and maybe even less, but at that point the quality would be dubious probably

Reactions: lebronnba78

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
Ok thanks, but i hope i can find a good developer to make a good game. I look for create a super hero parody with a good storyline and good models. I really think someone could be interested since marvel and dc are very popular.
Something Unlimited might interest you then.

lebronnba78

Dec 24, 2022
Something Unlimited might interest you then.
i already playing that and i look for an another type of game, more like a wife and mother but with superheroes models. I also want to talk with the developers for have a common vision of this game.

lebronnba78

Dec 24, 2022
it depends. if it roughly aligns with what they'd like to make anyway, then u wouldn't need to give them a whole lot of money, cause they also could make extra from patreon/substar as well. but the more it diverges from what they'd normally make, the more u'd have to pay (and the worse the results would be honestly). but yeah, if u're able to find the right person, 1k-10k dollars might be enough depending on their skill, and how specific u are with ur requests. and maybe even less, but at that point the quality would be dubious probably
like i said since marvel and dc are very popular i hope to find a developer who really want to make this game. Also he can have time for making it

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
i already playing that and i look for an another type of game, more like a wife and mother but with superheroes models. I also want to talk with the developers for have a common vision of this game.
Game Development (Proper) is an art, if the developer cannot express his desires and views into game, he will be just like a caged bird, never being able to reach his full potential.

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
like i said since marvel and dc are very popular i hope to find a developer who really want to make this game. Also he can have time for making it
I never watched marvel nor dc... nor do I really know anyone who is either of those.

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
But still better than hoping that one day a perfect game will get released.

lebronnba78

Dec 24, 2022
Game Development (Proper) is an art, if the developer cannot express his desires and views into game, he will be just like a caged bird, never being able to reach his full potential.
it s why i said i look for someone who is really interested and have a vision

Last edited:

lebronnba78

Dec 24, 2022
I never watched marvel nor dc... nor do I really know anyone who is either of those.
i dont know where do you live but it s strange to me since avengers endgame is one of the movies with the high results on the box office in the history, if we considered the fact that disney own marvel and the popularity of superheroes in the media like tik tok or instagram

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
Maybe I m asking something stupid but i was wondering if i can ask to a developer to create aspecific game. And in this case How much money would you have to give to ask a developer to create this game? Note that there is no desire to keep it for exclusive personal use and that the developer can use it as he wishes and in particular make money from it.
Ideas are a dime in a dozen. Giving rights to the game instead of payment is way to big of a risk to take for any developer. At best it might reduce there normal rate slightly, but I wouldnt count on it.

The reality is you are looking to hire a developer to make a game for you, and you just have to pay his rate. There is no way around that. How much it will cost in the end highly depends on the scope/size/quality/experience/time investment of the developer, but its likely way more than your willing to pay. My lowest estimate would prob be around $5k for a beginner working part time.

Reactions: lebronnba78

lebronnba78

Dec 24, 2022
Ideas are a dime in a dozen. Giving rights to the game instead of payment is way to big of a risk to take for any developer. At best it might reduce there normal rate slightly, but I wouldnt count on it.

The reality is you are looking to hire a developer to make a game for you, and you just have to pay his rate. There is no way around that. How much it will cost in the end highly depends on the scope/size/quality/experience/time investment of the developer, but its likely way more than your willing to pay. My lowest estimate would prob be around $5k for a beginner working part time.
thanks it s exactly what i expected