Mod Ren'Py Abandoned A Family Venture Multi-Mod [ShaddyModda]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Jul 21, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Unsure if v1 is alpha? and v2 is complete? Or if they separate updates and we just gotta wait for July 7th for public release. Anyways it'll be a while unless sauce is spilled beforehand.

Reactions: ShaddyGames

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
Well, I don't know if it's intentional, but when I use the multi-mod to be able to play several scenes instead of just one, with each scene that is played, time advances by a notch.
e.g here, I went from early morning to evening just by playing the three breakfast scenes. It's not at all consistent

screenshot0001.png

Reactions: chicho1958

GreggoryLove

Aug 1, 2021
Well, I don't know if it's intentional, but when I use the multi-mod to be able to play several scenes instead of just one, with each scene that is played, time advances by a notch.
e.g here, I went from early morning to evening just by playing the three breakfast scenes. It's not at all consistent

View attachment 1881424
It has been doing that for a while. Since each of those actions advance time once, doing all 3 unfortunately advances you 3 times. Had to go back to doing just one Tease at Breakfast because of that.

Never really thought of it as a bug so I didn't report it. Maybe Shaddy can change it so that it only advances once when doing the All choice.

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
It has been doing that for a while. Since each of those actions advance time once, doing all 3 unfortunately advances you 3 times. Had to go back to doing just one Tease at Breakfast because of that.

Never really thought of it as a bug so I didn't report it. Maybe Shaddy can change it so that it only advances once when doing the All choice.
Yeah, I had done that a few times too, but this time it was followed by the arrival of "Aunt Cami", and I didn't want to trigger her arrival right away, so I went from breakfast to early morning, until at night without being able to stop. And it was too late, cause aunt Camille was already the maid of the house at this moment.

Isn't the interest of a multi-scene mod to be able to play all the scenes without wasting time to grind, without skipping steps?

Reactions: GreggoryLove

GreggoryLove

Aug 1, 2021
Yeah, I had done that a few times too, but this time it was followed by the arrival of "Aunt Cami", and I didn't want to trigger her arrival right away, so I went from breakfast to early morning, until at night without being able to stop. And it was too late, cause aunt Camille was already the maid of the house at this moment.

Isn't the interest of a multi-scene mod to be able to play all the scenes without wasting time to grind, without skipping steps?
I agree with you that most of the time mods that add the ability to see additional scenes from the same branch point are usually there to help the player skip unneeded steps or to load a save to try the other branch. The only reasons I can see that Shaddy did it this way were because something in the code prevented him from bypassing the added time, he felt that since you get to raise the Libido of all 3 ladies that it was a fair trade-off, or he simply overlooked it.

I'm sure that the next time ShaddyModda jumps on here, he'll clarify what's going on. Shaddy's without a doubt one of the best modders on the site but I know he has a lot of games that he helps and mods. He'll get back with us when he can. :)

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
I agree with you that most of the time mods that add the ability to see additional scenes from the same branch point are usually there to help the player skip unneeded steps or to load a save to try the other branch. The only reasons I can see that Shaddy did it this way were because something in the code prevented him from bypassing the added time, he felt that since you get to raise the Libido of all 3 ladies that it was a fair trade-off, or he simply overlooked it.

I'm sure that the next time ShaddyModda jumps on here, he'll clarify what's going on. Shaddy's without a doubt one of the best modders on the site but I know he has a lot of games that he helps and mods. He'll get back with us when he can. :)
I don't blame ShaddyModda. I know too well that errors are part of the daily life of coders and programmers. I just report the bug, and of course he can. No doubt about it

Reactions: GreggoryLove

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020

View attachment 1881424
You could try playing all then edit the variable and put it how it's suppose to be, save after all 3 scenes then edit the time

Reactions: ♂Brout&Minou♀

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
I was wondering if anyone knows what variable is being changed here.
Ok for [+10 Mom affection], but I didn't see variable modification with [+1 loyalty] screenshot0002.png

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020

View attachment 1881424
It shouldn't be doing that. I'll double-check it when I update the mod. I may go ahead and update for this beta, even though i don't usually update betas. I was under the understanding that the public was going to be out by now, but it doesn't look like it, and considering how long it's been since the alpha... If I have time tonight, then I'll get on it. either way it should be within the next couple days.

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
It shouldn't be doing that. I'll double-check it when I update the mod. I may go ahead and update for this beta, even though i don't usually update betas. I was under the understanding that the public was going to be out by now, but it doesn't look like it, and considering how long it's been since the alpha... If I have time tonight, then I'll get on it. either way it should be within the next couple days.
Thanks for that. Not that it's very disabling, but I didn't see why it would be done on purpose. And so far your Mod works on the latest update (0.08v1b), but I'm still far from the end of the 0.07a version. It's just for information

alexrieper

Nov 21, 2017
Will said that the public version is coming out on the 7th of July, we're only a couple of weeks away from it. If you have the time to update it already that would be great but I for one don't mind waiting until then if you have more important work to do first. Was already waiting on the public version to come out to play it with all the bug testing done.

As always, your mods are greatly appreciated

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Will said that the public version is coming out on the 7th of July, we're only a couple of weeks away from it. If you have the time to update it already that would be great but I for one don't mind waiting until then if you have more important work to do first. Was already waiting on the public version to come out to play it with all the bug testing done.

As always, your mods are greatly appreciated
Yeah I think it would probably be best to wait for the public version.
If that's the case than I'll wait for Public. Thanks for the info.

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020

Thanks for that. Not that it's very disabling, but I didn't see why it would be done on purpose. And so far your Mod works on the latest update (0.08v1b), but I'm still far from the end of the 0.07a version. It's just for information
Well, I'm going to have to take back what I said about the mod working with 0.08v1b version.
I just realized that it has errors in the text box tips.
Completed quests and quests that have just been unlocked do not display on screen.
Won cards do not show up
And the gallery "Face Card gallery" does not appear with the other galleries

So better play without Mod until it's updated

Reactions: SamHaim
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote