VN - Ren'Py - A Father's Sins - Going to Hell [Ch. 10 Public] [Pixieblink]

1. 5.00 star(s)

BarbarrossaNA

A light 'what if' storyline. The renders are on par to the rest of Pixieblink's games.. In a nutshell, good perverted story.. good animations... I do enjoy the fact that the lewdness is in each and every monthly update.. The man is a model in consistency.. Just some great work.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Satori6

You'll go through a collection of generic renders paired with unmemorable writing only to reach a patreon ad after 10 minutes of "content".

Might as well just disable your ad-blocker and watch any of those "You'll cum in 5 minutes!" ads - they offer as much content as this game does, and they'll likely be of higher quality.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Randonormie

Just an ad game to promote the uploader's Patreon
    There are barely any choices n it's not that well made, at least the "public" ad version
    At the end it says if you want to try again for another path, but then they are all locked until you get Patreon

I hope this kind of content doesn't become a norm and that f95 doesn't allow it to stay
    Usually you have a dev create a good game game and that is why people choose to support it
    But unfortunately there has been success in paywalling in all forms of games so this was only a matter of time and up to f95 to decide if that's the type of "content" is allowed

Don't hesitate to leave a review yourself, as not saying anything is the soul reason why this tactic became popular
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Upbutte

This advertisement is not worth your time to download. It is just a censored advertisement of the developer's Patreon project. The first lewd scene I got to (after spending 10 minutes of my time reading bland dialogue) had a blurred image of the LI's teets with 'DOWNLOAD THE UNCENSORED VERSION HERE' plastered across the page. Stop game. Delete game. Developers that put their work on here as free advertisement will never receive my support. Put a censored tag on this page to at least be truthful to your potential customers.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

micojive

Renders - 3/5 This is a generous 3 as well, as a number of renders are not great/blurry, but compared to some games that are truly terrible, this isnt like those.

Story - 2/5 These is some side story project not included in the main game because the main game doesnt get lewd scenes, so this was made to release some for those fans. The story is silly and nonsensical.

Overall - 2/5 This game is a pure advertisement for the patreon of the dev. Every update releases with paywall scenes that you need a patch to remove that is only made available to either paying people or after several weeks of waiting. 99% of the content each release is gated behind these patches and is a sad practice.

I really wanted to give this a 1 overall solely for that reason, but settled on a 2 because there is SOMETHING here even if its not good.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

nickbo

Well, this is an interesting VN, with multiple story branches. Currently only 1 of the three main character story threads is active and even that on is not complete.

The story itself is fairly well written and has a decent amount of humor. It quickly gets to lewd scenes, but unfortunately is fairly lacking on hardcore sex. Handjob and blowjob are as far it currently goes. With more time, I would hope there would be more.

The renders are pretty good, and the models are also above average. Depending on how the story line shapes out this would be either a 4 or 5 star review.

The big negative, however, is the shameless plugging for the Dev's Patreon site and the "in you face" messages that inform you that you're using the censored/public version. Makes it hard to like this VN when the greedy Dev is literally telling you its the sucky version and doing during the H-scenes, partially blocking on-screen action.

So for that you can have my "sucky" version of a rating... 2-stars. Normally I'd give this kind blatant advertising a 1-star, but even the vanilla version had some good points, so you get an extra star.

Get rid of the public/private version thing (at least here on F95) and I'll gladly come back and revisit my review
  7. 2.00 star(s)

GNVE

version CH2

The game has competent renders. Middle of the pack I'd say. Renders are usually decently framed and lighting is okay but could be improved. The developer could take some time to improve the characters expressions as this was the biggest factor of uncanny valley for me.

The English is written well enough even though the conversations don't really flow naturally in my opinion.

As for the story: it leans very far into the story as excuse for sex. In fact it leans that way too far in my opinion. As there is nothing tying me to the characters. There is just sex and the characters feel flat as a pancake.

The game is standalone according to the dev yet I get no character introductions and their are several references to story beats from the other game. For the game to be standalone they would need to add an (optional) path that lays out a little more backstory for the people who haven't played the other game.

This leads me into the biggest problem this game has. Who is this game for?From all the negative comments and reviews by the players of the other game I'm guessing it's not them. They are pissed off at the lack of sexual content in the other game.

It is not made for new players like me either as I have no context for anything happening in the game. Making it playing feel like a chore. As I feel like I now have to play a different game if I want any satisfaction from this game. A game I am not interested in per say.

I'm left wondering why these 'alternative' paths couldn't be incorporated in some way into the main game. Even if it was just as a fever dream.

In conclusion I think the dev has done themselves no favour by angering part of the existing player base and turning away potential new players for the main game. I'm not saying it can't be fixed but it might take some work.

edit: version nr added
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Ukghar

Written as of version: Chapter 2 - Public
    Score: 5/5
    TLDR: Short, stupid, funny and lewd.

As standalone game, it’s stupid, funny, short story with one love interest, containing substantial amount of lewd images. I laughed and smiled a lot and imo there’s no need to know the main game to be amused. Most of the time music is giving hints that there’s no place for seriousness. Graphically it looks ok, like better parts of main game - A Father's Sins. Problems are that LI may be seen as iritaing and in “what if” MC appears to have a different character than in the main game - A Father's Sins. Also, the action is after what happened in the Father's Sins, so it’s likely a spoiler of at least one possible ending of Father's Sins.

So I would recommend to play finished Father's Sins first and later A Father's Sins - Going to Hell. Unless you can’t wait and want to see more story in the same univers. In that case be aware that A Father's Sins - Going to Hell is more stupid and funnier than A Father's Sins.