VN Ren'Py A Foreign World [Ep. 4.5] [HighbornTiger]

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
Well done!
I think you are off to a good start. Renders/Story Telling/Grammar are all above the norm.

A bit of a slow burn, but lots of potential.

Really looking forward to the next installment.

*DEV
If you are asking (and you haven't) I'd rather have LARGER updates, fewer but with lots of meat, than smaller increments. I know some devs like the small bits to keep us "Patreon-ing" but I often skip the 2.3, 2.4, 2.5 type updates and just go for the 2.0, 3.0 etc.

Reactions: HighbornTiger

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
If you are asking (and you haven't) I'd rather have LARGER updates, fewer but with lots of meat, than smaller increments. I know some devs like the small bits to keep us "Patreon-ing" but I often skip the 2.3, 2.4, 2.5 type updates and just go for the 2.0, 3.0 etc.
I did ask that question in the Patreon Post, and I might have even mentioned it here in this thread before.
But did you ever ask a question and found that it was stupid to ask that question because people don't answer the way you want them to?
Let's use you as an example. This isn't episode 1, but it's episode 1 and the first half of episode 2. I assume you didn't play the first version and just found the game yesterday when it appeared under the latest updates, right? More updates means more eyeballs. Of course, if you pay me monthly, I want to give you something monthly, but frequent updates are also good for growing your game, especially at the beginning.
It's also good to grow wishlists on Steam.

Then again, most people I heard want bigger and less frequent updates, so it's a balancing act.

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018

Then again, most people I heard want bigger and less frequent updates, so it's a balancing act.
It's like in business where the customers want the delivery yesterday, for a price next to nothing,
in the highest qualitiy and they want a bonus for placing the order with you too.
And if there is a natural disaster, a strike or a traffic jam, it is of course your fault too. :cautious:

Had a laugh about the whole bra thing.

Storytelling and writing are consistent. Can't hardly wait for more!

Evergene

Oct 30, 2021
This story definitely has me hooked, It's a format I haven't seen before. There's probably similar formats but at least from what I've experienced. Can't wait for more story and progress, well done dev!

masterdc1976

Feb 25, 2021
How long are updates of other games usually? It‘s a genuine question. I‘ve never looked into that. Do they go for 400, 700, or over 1000 renders?
dont concentrate on what other do, thats a way to burnout got at your own speed, even if its short releases, should be fine.
not every person has the same skills or the same resourses or does the game have the same complexities.

that said the guy is a bit too much of a pussy, some of the girls have been begging for sex since day one, being gentle with then would be much more fun and productive in real life.
from my point of vie the MC is just being cruel, the girls would have been more close to him if he would allow them top get closer.
the kitchen scene where she asks do the guy in this work do not like sex, could have the same impact like, do the guy in this world not rape women?
in a world where there is less than 200 men for thousands of women, women would not have any need for things like consent, they would probably give anything for any attention of any kind, and the would be loyal to him if the get the chance.
but corruption is fun using that power has a lot of potential for a unique game.

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
the kitchen scene where she asks do the guy in this work do not like sex, could have the same impact like, do the guy in this world not rape women?
This is actually a very interesting idea, that I didn't even think about. "Do the men in this world not rape?" has much more force behind it. Maybe I didn't make the game dark enough. Still, you'll see why it doesn't fit into the story the way you described it.
I think that eventually, you'll come to love A Foreign World. The way I set up the plot doesn't allow for early action but it's still an AVN with the harem tag. Don't worry.

Reactions: TheDick69+

masterdc1976

Feb 25, 2021
This is actually a very interesting idea, that I didn't even think about. "Do the men in this world not rape?" has much more force behind it. Maybe I didn't make the game dark enough. Still, you'll see why it doesn't fit into the story the way you described it.
I think that eventually, you'll come to love A Foreign World. The way I set up the plot doesn't allow for early action but it's still an AVN with the harem tag. Don't worry.
I already like it, I am just saying that there is a lot of potential for much more intense and unique plot, obviously the scene would require a more dark plot not just that scene, and I went much darker to make the point that the range there could be much bigger than "don't like sex?".

they have their version of the world , and the MC needs to meet then halfway , so its expected that the MC gets corrupted by them, and he is special in his own way also.

Last edited:

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
in a world where there is less than 200 men for thousands of women, women would not have any need for things like consent, they would probably give anything for any attention of any kind, and the would be loyal to him if the get the chance.
I think the concept of rape between these 2 worlds would be so far apart in practical sense, it's a totally different thing, in ours it's a psysical difference or even a numerical difference between the rapist(s) and the victim and lack of morals is what makes rape possible. While in their world these girls are up against just 1 man that pretty much has the power of a god, even with their individual abilities and numbers they are at the mercy or the mood and interest of the man in charge.... their only way to avoid any harm is compliance or not be seen, their only way to get sexual attention is to be noticed and be very forward....
The moral standards are too much apart, sure in the end sex against your will is the same but the moral views on it will greatly differ between their and our views.

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
I think the concept of rape between these 2 worlds would be so far apart in practical sense, it's a totally different thing, in ours it's a psysical difference or even a numerical difference between the rapist(s) and the victim and lack of morals is what makes rape possible. While in their world these girls are up against just 1 man that pretty much has the power of a god, even with their individual abilities and numbers they are at the mercy or the mood and interest of the man in charge.... their only way to avoid any harm is compliance or not be seen, their only way to get sexual attention is to be noticed and be very forward....
The moral standards are too much apart, sure in the end sex against your will is the same but the moral views on it will greatly differ between their and our views.
I love this comment, thanks for sharing. I was unsure if I delivered things the way I wanted but you just confirmed that I did.

Reactions: vogelbeest

atreyuu2003

Jul 14, 2022
So far ... TONS of text, many beautiful women, story is very convoluted and hard to follow, and not a damn bit of sex ... not even a smidgeon. PASS ON THIS ONE UNTIL THERE IS MORE DEVELOPMENT, GUYS ... a LOT more! Unless, of course, you think it's worth supporting, which, at this point, personally, I just don't see it.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I love this comment, thanks for sharing. I was unsure if I delivered things the way I wanted but you just confirmed that I did.
The setup for the plot of this game is great, you managed to present a story with a clash of views and morals of 2 completely different worlds, there is so much room for that alone to be interesting.

Girls presenting themselves makes sense, things like love, monogamy, rape or domination are seen completely different, they have known only a few men, things like romance, love, or even just sexual pleasure for both parties involved (when one of them is a man) is likely nothing but a fantasy for them...

The fact MC is not just using them and even is demanding to vent their opinions, gets them food or water or he prepares dinner, is a foreign concept for them and will certainly help him building trust with the girls.

At the same time they already have some knowledge about earth through the stories of Lucy, they know the men there aren't strong as the ones they know, it will be interesting to see how Aurora will react when she starts to trust the MC.
So far it seems she has been the prime victim of Nathaniel, how will she handle any possible interest in MC when it happens?

And then ofcourse the MC having to deal with his own demons, a stranded engagement and a co-worker/friend(?) in coma...
And balancing between his private issues, the girls and saving the world (and girls) from a dark fate...

Gizmogobum

Nov 11, 2020
Superb story. This is the kind of game that I enjoy most, while there is some writing in the begining that could be better( is the dev a native English speaker?) The rest of the writing was cogent and well thought out.

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
A Foreign World [Episode 2.5] Unofficial Android Port

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 150mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 49 Votes