VN Ren'Py A Foreign World [Ep. 4.5] [HighbornTiger]

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes

Griffihn

Aug 20, 2022
take what i say with however much skepticism as you want: the whole brooding special operator background you are trying to build for your character is good, but you may want to put in a sort of dream/nightmare to show flashes of what he went through, preferably at the beginning of the story. having a know-it-all for mc looses its charm very fast without a proper explanation. also, do another round of spellchecking, especially after the villain shows up. i've found 3 mistakes. don't take that as bad but as very good. no clue who checks your text but they're doing a great job! other than this, great job! you've managed to pique an interest in a genre that's rarely done well. please, don't mess it up!

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Nice effort for a first release. Many people have already mentioned the 'fake free-roam' section at the start of the game, which only detracts from the experience, and my personal issue with the MC is that the whole mystery around who he is should be lifted just a little before choices start to arise, so that we can better adjust our decisions to his background (and also understand those actions we can't choose). It's not easy to dose the info in a satisfying way without spoiling too much but I'd have preferred you gave us something else than just some awkward silences and knowing convos.

Besides that, I think you should tinker a bit with the quick menu buttons so that they are always visible (even if somewhat transparent). I initially missed the Memory tab because I always go to the preferences menu first to adjust the sound volumes and this time also disabled the textbox as soon as I saw there was an option to do so, so in my first playthrough I never found out that there's a characters screen (which I think will be very useful with so many women around -maybe a bit too many?). Anyway, good luck with your project!

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
*** POST UPDATED 2023-MAR-11 ***

Traducción al español - 100% manual - Episode 2.5

Como siempre, hay que descargar e instalar el juego original y luego descargar y extraer la carpeta "game" del parche y pegarla dentro de la carpeta donde hayáis instalado el juego. No se reemplazará ningún archivo y el juego arrancará ya en español. Se puede cambiar de idioma en el menú de Preferencias.
LA TRADUCCIÓN YA VIENE INCLUIDA EN EL JUEGO ORIGINAL. PUEDES ACTIVARLA EN EL MENÚ PREFERENCIAS

---
Spanish translation - 100% manually translated - Episode 2.5

As always, you have to download and install the original game, then download and extract the "game" folder from the patch and copypaste it into the same folder you've installed the game. No files will be replaced. The game will start in Spanish, but a switch language option will appear in the Preferences menu.
TRANSLATION ALREADY INCLUDED IN THE ORIGINAL BUILD. IT CAN BE ENABLED IN THE PREFERENCES MENU

Last edited:

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
This looks interesting. Can someone, preferably a Spanish native, take a look at the translation moskyx made and tell me if it's good? I'd like to know if I should send people looking for a translation this way.

Reactions: LinchCAP

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
A great start. I thoroughly enjoyed the competent tactician that MC was shown to be. His ability to read people so well is a power in and of itself.

At what point, however, can we pet the fox? I don't need to give fox girl sex, but I do need to give scritches behind the ears to the cute fox. Please advise.

LinchCAP

Feb 20, 2022
This looks interesting. Can someone, preferably a Spanish native, take a look at the translation moskyx made and tell me if it's good? I'd like to know if I should send people looking for a translation this way.

Hello :D, I am Uruguayan and I can assure you that the Spanish version is well made and has no bugs or errors.

With respect to the game, I liked the premise of the story and the characters, but I think the story is a bit convoluted, for example: why the MC is in the living room of his house and suddenly in the forest? I didn't really understand what was going on until I got to the car that goes to the hospital.

Finally a request, could you add the option of opacity to the text? because of the size that occupies the box it's a bit annoying to see the breasts of the girls XD

Thanks for sharing it on the forum, I'll put it to follow up. A big hug

Reactions: moskyx

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
Thank you for giving me some feedback on the Spanish translation. I appreciate it.

Finally a request, could you add the option of opacity to the text? because of the size that occupies the box it's a bit annoying to see the breasts of the girls XD
There is the option to make the textbox invisible.
I at first wanted to have an opacity slider, but there was no way that I know of to affect the opacity of the buttons.

About this one jump being confusing, I should probably add something like "Later that day..." but players are supposed to wonder what happened. That's part of the story.

Reactions: LinchCAP

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
very decent initial release, good amount of content (at least compared to some others), story and writing are good, as are the characters and renders. Worth to keep an eye on this one, hopefully the dev can keep up the good work and release similar updates somewhat regularly.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I'm aiming at one of those updates every two months (three months might be more realistic).
yeah even bigger games struggle with frequent updates, not sure what rig you have but it will take time for sure to complete updates in size similar to this, not to mention the writing/coding (not sure how much animations we can expect as there wasn't a ton in the release yet) Anyway, I'm looking forward to it.

Nameless202

Mar 2, 2021
u know what..??

this game and the other game with similar gtaphic and story

why counlnt they just u know pop out with full 100% game

i know its sound unrelistic but if i have a "power" i would like to finish this type of game in a single day

cause u know especially an R18+ game with a very GOOD STORY TELLING and GOOD GRAPHIC r like 1 in 100 maybe 1000

well anyway good luck on ur new project dev hope u can do it beyond 100%
PLUS ULTRA

[Nameless the Traveler OUT]

Reactions: HighbornTiger

Remembrance

Feb 1, 2020
The 'Sir's sprinkled throughout the dialogue are so tantalizing after Playing with Fire. Wonder if any (or all 9) will have Rom/Dom paths...

HighbornTiger

Sizable Pianissimo M*C^2
Game Developer
Sep 7, 2018
The 'Sir's sprinkled throughout the dialogue are so tantalizing after Playing with Fire. Wonder if any (or all 9) will have Rom/Dom paths...
A Foreign World will be more vanilla than Playing With Fire was. There won't be a corruption Path for all the women, but there might be one for Sue.

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes