[A FUTA GAME] Questions For Game Developers

AdmiralDutch

Sep 7, 2021
I'm new to this all, I've played a lot of VN's and have my share of time reading threads here, but I need clarification from any developer/moderator willing to help out.

1 - What's a good amount of renders for a first release?

2- I'm working on a game that relies heavily around Futa's and before u ask it won't be avoidable as it is central to the story, How worried should I be?

3 - I'm currently at 600 renders my initial plan was to keep going until I feel I've told enough of "The Introduction" Pilot Episode, but what worries me is setting a precedent that since the Intro will have more than 600 renders then every update and episode thereafter will have 600 or more renders which is a terrifying thought.

Lastly, this is for more for context rather than a question, the reasoning for such a big intro is because the game is built from bottom up to function as a universe with warring factions, entities and corporations so I had to do a lot of introductionary scenes to characters with important plots in the story.

futasaturnfleet10.png

futasaturnfleet61.jpg rebelhackersintro46.png

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
To answer your questions:

1) Regarding render amounts, I've found a first release generally doesn't matter in terms of amount of renders as long as there are a few sex scenes in there. Even if just foreplay ones.

2) You will always get critics, as a former fat bloke from the UK once said "You have critics, good! That's means you stood for something" and it's true. The key thing when criticism comes is not to take it personally, step back and evaluate it, can it be true and worked on someway to make the game better OR is it just trolling and people kinkshaming, in which case you don't owe them any justification.

3) The first release being 600 renders, if you don't want that to be an expectation say so in the thread once it's created, so you can say that an update will be around X amount of renders per update.

4) With so much lore and backgrounds, be careful you don't burn out.

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
Some questions I would like to ask:

* Will it be Futa on Male, Futa on Female, Futa on Aliens etc
* What is the setting and background? I'm assuming sci-fi from the pics?

AdmiralDutch

Sep 7, 2021
Some questions I would like to ask:

* Will it be Futa on Male, Futa on Female, Futa on Aliens etc
* What is the setting and background? I'm assuming sci-fi from the pics?
---------------------
Well the setting is a sci-fi setting but I've put it in such a time frame that it is the 'in-between' period since most games tend to lean one way or the other, think the modern world we are in right now but things are drastically changing, the world is slowly beginning to shift to a digital cyberpunk world, a new space drive is currently being tested that will allow for interstellar space travel and the inevitable 'first contact', rockets are being turned into space ships capable of space warfare and all the shenanigan's that will come with all this. and the Earth is split between a democratic world and an authoritarian empire, I'll let you guess which one the FUTA's belong to, its a power struggle per say in a delicate universe just waiting to unbuckle on itself.

So far my main focus is what most games tend to shy away from and that's Futa On Male, ALOT OF IT!!!!!!!! there are females in the game so I don't see myself doing a Male on FUTA since it would go against the dominate nature of the FUTAS in the universe and plus most of the games here are doing that.

I know with such a big plot I risk burning out, and it does happen every so often but whenever I get on this site and desperately search for FUTA on male games I get motivated to get back at it.

firstfucka50.png

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
---------------------
Well the setting is a sci-fi setting but I've put it in such a time frame that it is the 'in-between' period since most games tend to lean one way or the other, think the modern world we are in right now but things are drastically changing, the world is slowly beginning to shift to a digital cyberpunk world, a new space drive is currently being tested that will allow for interstellar space travel and the inevitable 'first contact', rockets are being turned into space ships capable of space warfare and all the shenanigan's that will come with all this. and the Earth is split between a democratic world and an authoritarian empire, I'll let you guess which one the FUTA's belong to, its a power struggle per say in a delicate universe just waiting to unbuckle on itself.

So far my main focus is what most games tend to shy away from and that's Futa On Male, ALOT OF IT!!!!!!!! there are females in the game so I don't see myself doing a Male on FUTA since it would go against the dominate nature of the FUTAS in the universe and plus most of the games here are doing that.

I know with such a big plot I risk burning out, and it does happen every so often but whenever I get on this site and desperately search for FUTA on male games I get motivated to get back at it.

View attachment 2427204
Dominant Futa MC in an authotarian futa empire? Hell yeah! I like the concept.

Reactions: Rzy

Laehtsia

May 27, 2020
Looks very interesting, but I don't understand ; will we play as a male or as a futa ? I prefer to play as a guy in futa on male games tbh.

Also do futas in this game have balls ? I'm not sure from the previews, I don't like it when there is no balls.

Reactions: Leonave

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
I don't like it when there is no balls.
The dev didn't even release the game and you guys are already trying to make the game more generic.

I also prefer balls but there are already so few western futa games without them, why not let there be a new one?

• Angry
Reactions: Laehtsia

AdmiralDutch

Sep 7, 2021
Dominant Futa MC in an authotarian futa empire? Hell yeah! I like the concept.
----------------------

NOOOOOOOOOOOO, it's a male MC, the preview above is from one of the animations of him being topped.... though this MC is very much split between both worlds due to the story. In this game he will be topped, you can chose to top other females if u so wish. maybe some topping for the FUTAS with vaginas but I'm still thinking on it.

Icarus Media

F95 Comedian
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2019
----------------------

NOOOOOOOOOOOO, it's a male MC, the preview above is from one of the animations of him being topped.... though this MC is very much split between both worlds due to the story. In this game he will be topped, you can chose to top other females if u so wish.
Oh I thought the redhead was the MC. Well okay then.

AdmiralDutch

Sep 7, 2021
Looks very interesting, but I don't understand ; will we play as a male or as a futa ? I prefer to play as a guy in futa on male games tbh.

Also do futas in this game have balls ? I'm not sure from the previews, I don't like it when there is no balls.
------------------
The world has a FUTA Empire, so they have different types of them but YES SOME HAVE BALLS futasaturnfleet20.png

AdmiralDutch

Sep 7, 2021
The dev didn't even release the game and you guys are already trying to make the game more generic.

I also prefer balls but there are already so few western futa games without them, why not let there be a new one?
---------------------

Its okay, all this feedback is refreshing for one but yeah when I first started I started with the generic FUTAS with balls, then started mixing it up as in the story those with balls are the more general FUTAS who are many in number but those without balls are a different breed.

Reactions: Laehtsia

Laehtsia

May 27, 2020
---------------------

Its okay, all this feedback is refreshing for one but yeah when I first started I started with the generic FUTAS with balls, then started mixing it up as in the story those with balls are the more general FUTAS who are many in number but those without balls are a different breed.
Oh ok then. Understandable. Looking forward for your game. Do you have a little idea of when you could release the V1 ? This year ?

Dec 20, 2022
1. Number of renders probably isn't as important as the first release being *really* solid. Everything in that release should be representative of the quality you're going for wrt the entire game.

2. Not into futa too much, but honestly, having a clear idea of what you want is better than trying to please everyone, imo. You won't attract some ppl but the ppl who are into what you're making will be more consistent.

3. One thing you could do is make what you think is a good "initial release," then make what you think would be a good "first update." See how long both took, evaluate if that's a pace you think you can maintain. That works out anyway because if you're doing the patreon route you'll (presumably) have early builds for patreons anyway.

Reactions: AdmiralDutch