RPGM - Completed - A Gentle Girl and A Short Escape [v2.00] [Unidentified Flying Monster]

1. 5.00 star(s)

falafelswoop

The gameplay is sort of like an "escape the building" puzzle game. The puzzles make sense and are reasonable. A few rely on Japanese knowledge but they are automatically solved in this version. There's also a mystery plot going on, which makes sense when solved.

Unlike some NTR games, the girl does have a connection with the main character, and he has a chance with her. At the start of the game she is about to confess her feelings, but she hasn't confessed yet and has other prospects, so it also avoids the problem with some NTR games (like this game's sequel...) where the girl's descent feels unreasonably quick. If the girl starts from the prologue as a virgin (which you can force when skipping prologue), there are limited and avoidable circumstances in which she will get involved with other men.

So NTR is avoidable. But all sex content is NTR. You probably need to like either NTR or escape room style puzzle games, to like this game. But in my opinion, it's nice that the player can avoid NTR with the right decisions, since that makes the NTR feel more meaningful if it happens.

Initially this game just teases you with the suggestion of hanky-panky happening just outside the main character's view, and the player may just see sprites and hear erotic dialogue. Later there are full h-scenes with art. Unlike the sequel, this game has actual CGs and not just reused poses - these just don't appear immediately, with some erotic tension buildup instead.
    You can enable a menu setting so that the game always describes her most recent erotic encounter, which I definitely recommend to enhance the experience.

Events have a random chance to happen as the player passes by, which feels more spontaneous, but it's not so low that it's hard to get them to trigger.

There is a scene replay / recollection room which is comprehensive except for endings, and you can force a desired ending. It tells you how to unlock missing events if you want, which is always easy to do. If you want to replay the full game, that can be done quickly with walkthru, and on replays you can use cheat items to speed it up.

The translation is all understandable. There are some grammar and spelling issues, and occasional cut-off words, but everything is clear in context.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Toweke

This game probably deserves 3 stars rather than 4, but I rate higher because I think the other reviews are a bit unfair.
    This games focused on NTR of protagonists crush. She is about to confess to him when they are interrupted & get sucked into this game where they are stuck in a mansion and have to find clues to get out.
    There are valid criticisms other people said, but this game does have 7 endings, albeit it's hard to get them all. All but 2 are NTR. There are also a fair few different scenes to stumble upon, and I personally found them pretty hot! One major complaint about the scenes I did have, and a simple change that would have made the game much better, is there is little sound effects (no bed creaking, no sex sounds, and no simple sex sprites - characters just stand near each other). That said, the dialogue is pretty good and you can use your imagination.
    All in the all the game has a tinge of what made NTRPG1 good; a really slutty girl that gets it on shamelessly behind the protagonists back all over the place, and the protagonist being a voyeur and watching it through door cracks and such. But much less polish than NTRPG.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Radience

The art is bellow avarege and the game makes no sense the girl is all into the MC as if she was really in love with him and yet she's NTRs him in less than 5 min into the game thats about it the game is just meh.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

PlayDat

No corruption at all: the girl goes from normal to total slut in one simple "event".
    NTR is not avoidable.
    You actually don't get to see 99% of the scenes as they are either just text or some short, lazy pixelated animation.
    Art is terrible and lazy.
    There is a lot of the gril's H stats: too bad that they are all useless as they skyrocket even without you triggering events.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Golden Vampire

This game is pretty decent, if you enjoy the mystery aspect in RPG Maker games.
    Being a fan of the mystery/horror genre, this was a nice mix of it and H/NTR. Few things that I like:

- Events are randomized. My favorite mechanic of this game. Events, H or not, will happen randomly at any room or place you're at. You enter an empty room, only to walk out and enter it again and there she is, your childhood friend being fucked. Randomized events make things interesting and flexible since they are not set in place.

- Mystery is actually quite nice besides the riddles (those requires knowing Japanese so you should rely on the translator's guides for it). Many items for you to collect and find, a classic mirror room, and other hidden tidbits that I honestly thought are lost in RPG Maker games these days. Glad to see some devs are still creative when it comes to setting up the mystery.

- Talking about mystery, mood and music in this game is quite nice. Some room plays a nice twisted, wicked bgm which add to the mystery nicely.

- NTR element is passable. The MC knows what's going on, but he pretends it isn't real. So if you enjoy peeping or seeing the events from an outsider perspective, they can be nice. Not to mention many scenarios for you to see, some dependent on your dialogue choices too.

- The English is as good as you can get, besides some missing pronouns but that's nitpicking. However, no idea if the translation itself is good, since I do not know how closely matched this is to the original script. That's the downside to not knowing Japanese; can't verify if the TLer isn't just writing his own fanfic. But since it's good I will give him the benefit of the doubt~

How are the H? It's amateur, both in art and variety. Even Mr. Blonde Hair who will NTR you doesn't even have a CG sprite lmao. Most of the events and dialogues only have the FMC sprite and at most an unknown body/arm/leg/dick touching her in some way. I realized that's kinda gross of a description but that's the simplest way I can describe how "plain" the art is here. The actual art is cute but also lacks the nice depth of CG in professional games.

Game also doesn't have actual full-blown H scene. Most are from you peeking/outsider POV, and the actual sex are just in the form of the RPG maker pixelated sprites fucking each other.

(?) Another thing I also can't confirm since I only finished this game once is how slutty the FMC starts out. From the look of things, you can set it in the start of the game with the dialogue options but it seems like she will go from pure to slut mode really fast, or simply starts out as one. I prefer this being stretched out; corruption happening too fast takes the fun out of NTR games.

Lastly, replayability. While the mystery mechanics are nice, I don't think they're good for replayability. To see everything in the game you would have to replay it at least one time. I won't mind seeing new dialogues and events but having to go through the riddles and exploring rooms again? Nah. Though could just be a me problem.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

hakarlman

The whole game is 30mb and only had like 4-5 ntr scenes in the pictures folder. The drawings are of low quality. Not worth it IMO, but if this helps you decide to try it, go for it.

If you're going to download and try it, glance at the pictures folder under images first.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

Gesellschaft

Wow, played through the entire thing and somehow didn't get to see a single h-scene, just the sprite of a girl being fucked by someone else in a room you can't access.

Bad enough its NTR but you don't even get to see it.

NTR garbage.