A Goblin's Duty -- Interest Check [futa protag]

Babbaba

Nov 16, 2019
This is a general interest check and feedback thread for a game idea I was thinking of working on.

The setting is that through certain circumstances, Goblins males have been nearly wiped out leaving only females. This has decimated the Goblin population, leaving only sparse groups and individuals throughout the land. The few communities that have stuck together live in total isolation, with most if not all the females being too old to give birth. The protag is the only goblin to have been born in decades, and was blessed by having male and female genitalia and is tasked to finding scattered goblins to mate with in order to bring the population back from extinction.

I'm not really a programmer by any means so I figure I could just keep this on Renpy as a visual novel kind of game. I have experience in modeling and texturing which is why I want to make my own models. I know there's third party character creators but I really don't like the way they look and so many people already use it anyway that I kind of want my game to have a fresh look to it.

Below is a picture of a rough draft of how I'll plan to make characters look. I'll need to learn things like proper rigging, scene creation, rendering and stuff like that, but those are pretty intrinsic with my line of work anyway so it should be just a matter of figuring it out as I go. I'll try my hand at animations but that's another area I'm just not experienced in so it'll be a learning process. So I guess with that I'd like to know if there would be people interest in this possible project and if there's any helpful tips, tricks, or feedback you'd like to send my way before I dive deep into this.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheExordick

TheExordick

Sep 25, 2021
I'm always ready for a new goblin game!

BTW nice modeling! i'm not a big fan of heroic scale (Bigger head, hands and feet) but your model looks good.
Keep us posted!

Babbaba

Nov 16, 2019
I'm always ready for a new goblin game!

BTW nice modeling! i'm not a big fan of heroic scale (Bigger head, hands and feet) but your model looks good.
Keep us posted!
Thank you! It was more of a stylistic choice unique to goblins since a lot of media I like has their hands, feet, and head larger than normal. Non-shortstack races would have more accurate proportions if I were to make them.

Reactions: TheExordick