Ren'Py - A Home in the Desert [v0.3.1] [Misarmor]

1. 2.00 star(s)

DSTORQUE

[v0.3.1] Your family is down on its luck. You're forced to move to a rundown home in the desert as it's all you can afford. With your mother, your two sisters, and your aunt all needing support, it is decided that you should be in charge of the household finances and strategies. Guide the family so you can climb out of poverty. Oh, you also have a penis and hyper active sex drive and want to fuck all your family members. Should be easy, right?

This game has gorgeous visuals and spectacular models for the women. The characters are varied but are all VERY sexy. The MC is hung and cute and you want to help her fuck her family. This game is fantastic with its setup, kinky tone, and fantastic visuals.

HOWEVER, the gameplay is open world and extremely grindy, You spend almost every day 'working' on the laptop in your room with very little character interaction. You have to purchase individual ingredients to make several meals for the family every day. You have to monitor the heating and cooling systems of the house every day. Every family member has stats that need to be maintaned. Actions of the MC are decided by 'random' dice rolls and stat balancing for stats you are not told how to control or increase. The game design is a MESS.

To make matters even worse, the development is SLOW. I think I played the first version almost a year ago and played it again now, and they only added ONE MORE SEX SCENE (which was a dream ffs). Guess all the development is going into designing and implementing more features to waste the player's time and grind the story to a halt.

What an incredible waste of talent! This game will be great some day, but at this rate it won't be for several years (and with mods that streamline the game!)
  2. 5.00 star(s)

randomtext

5 because this game has extreme potential, needs more content tho (and fast, please)

Models are great,
    Setup is great,
    Only 1 dick in scene (so far),
    Player was introduced into awesome collectable system,
    Main character is fighting hers lust therefore player is slowly introduced into more erotic/sexual content and I love sexual tension,
    Also - humor - light, funny, potent

Idk, I like everything except the fact that there is no content

EDIT: one could argue that player is "slowly" introduced into sexual content, but I love the environment when characters are unaware how sexual or indecent they look, like poking nipples and so on. And they act normally, like they didn't notice. But still feel shame in some more vivid sexual situations

EDIT EDIT: I've struggled a lot to find the attic, seems like others did so too. So I can understand why people put bad rating for that, but it's really good anyway. Still waiting fot the update, btw
  3. 5.00 star(s)

larryjameson69

This game is at an early stage, but I very much like the ideas and the renders. Also the dev is quite active here and seems to work hard on his project. I'm really looking forward to future updates, very promising!
  4. 4.00 star(s)

ethanruin

Pros- Great models, good core to it, great writing as well,

Cons- just needs more scenes and make getting to content less complicated, but I think that issue is mostly just because it's early on in development.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

humanjelloman

The renders are very nice and I especially like the look of the protag. The quest system and bone of the the game are however quite shaky. The quest system is obtuse with very little info and being purposefully vague. Finding items you will need is annoying because you can't pick them up or interact with them until you fin out exactly what you need to do with them forcing you to backtrack. I was super annoyed to find out that there was literally nothing to do except spam the +1h button 500 times until a week passed.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

7thPawn

Good bones. Like the models. Running around blindly trying to find out what you have to do next is not fun. Hovering over everything to see if you missed a highlighted point is not fun. A lot of work left to be done
  7. 1.00 star(s)

ythp

I'd like to give this a good review but in it's current state (0.2d) I cant.

That one click-map is too hard to find. It doesn't cover the thing you'd expect to be clicking on and most of it is covered up by the UI anyway - could this be a resolution issue? 16:9 vs 16:10?
    When you find the item that you need, the game could easily give a hint as to where you need to go rather than saying "I don't need this right now", which is a hint in the WRONG direction. Also, when you're outside, you can't see the place you need to go! That could be another good point to place a hint, like you can hover over it and the MC goes "I wonder how I can go there".

It seems I can't continue playing after finding the letter because the game errors once I open the inventory.

I also don't like the long forced (mostly uninteresting) sequences that you can't easily skip through.

The renders are good, the MC looks interesting, but without some basic QoL this game is currently unplayable.

Edit: I extracted the game files and there doesn't seems to be a whole lot more content than the intro and exploring the house; no H-scenes certainly.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Riken120

A good game for its genre.
    Good models, good storyline.
    All in principle like and accepts.
    I wish the developer prosperity, and many new updates :love: :love: :love:
    I'm translating a game at the moment)
  9. 3.00 star(s)

plopus

V0.2b
    The game is visually appealing, the models are good, but oh boiiiii the instructions are all but clear making it a pain in the ass to play.
    It's only the begining of this game, and the first time you have to roam I got blocked with no idea of what to do, luckily someone shared the spot you had to clic to go on, but no hint and a very bad point and clic management.
    I'm also very scared of the time component in the game: there's a watch in the (way too massive) UI, and you can fast forward 15 min/30 min/ 1 hour. I hope it won't be one of these games where you have to be a the precise spot at the precise time, nobody likes that, it's anything but user firiendly or fun, but the fact one of the characters already told you "same time next week" makes me feel it's where we're going.
    So why 3 stars? I want to give it a chance and see if the dev improves the many flaws this version has, I'd like to see where it's going if the game was fun to play, but I'm being very generous on this rating, and will edit it in future releases if it doesn't get rid of his painfull mechanics.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

Godkratos

Oh man, I really want to like this game, but despite it's good graphics and models there is nearly anything in here at this point in time.

When you are in the free roam, you find yourself stupidly clicking around in an EMPTY house. But the game tells you to explore it. Right, makes sense (not)!

Without someone else mentioning the attic (which is hidden under the ui) in his review, I would have closed the game immediately and deleted it. But got the game better from there? NO! After a short scene the game tells you to wait for someone to arrive. And when does this person appear? In around one weeks time (which the game doesn't tell you). Is there anything worthwhile you can do meanwhile? NO! So I ended up skipping the time for one week (countless hours in the game) till finally a short cutscene came up. And after a little bit of tiny content (nothing sexual) it started all over again, till you have no clue how to progress any further.

Gamingwise this game is a mess. An empty sandbox without any substance, just ending up being a complete waste of your time.
  11. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 440241

The plot is nonsense. Family loses everything because the husband is accused of sexual harassment, then gets a divorce, then moves out to the middle of nowhere with no vehicle no internet service and no job prospects. Somehow this is supposed to be better than all 5 members finding jobs and supporting each other in the city, but really it's just a method of guaranteeing they all starve to death.
    The first quest requires finding an attic that is hidden by a mess of useless HUD information at the top of the screen. About half of players will probably not get past this point without a walkthrough or checking the thread for help, because the in-game hints/questlog doesn't mention it at all. Early development or not, there shouldn't be a flaw this big in your game.
    The character models and gameplay are the same as in all of Nun Ya's games. Since Nun Ya also develops futa protag games I'm actually suspicious that this is Nun Ya using a new name after abandoning several unpolished and half finished titles. Progress the main story while occassionally interacting with various family members to build relationship stats. Currently it's too early in development for the latter to do anything, but the groundwork is obviously there.
    As of v0.2b this doesn't even qualify as a concept. There's no real content, half the features are just placeholders, and bugs are everywhere. If it wasn't so similar to existing games I wouldn't even know what's being setup here. This shouldn't have been released so soon, and definitely isn't worth downloading.
  12. 3.00 star(s)

AnubisMRM

Everything about the game looks promising. However the game is too empty at the moment. After the intro I got some dialogue with the family over breakfast and that seems to be it.
    Let's hope the next updates actually have some content (at least a spicy scene or something).
  13. 3.00 star(s)

zephrates

I want to like this game. I like the models, especially MC and Aunt Eve, and I like the concept. Unfortunately, in it's current state, it's unplayable. On the first morning of free roam, there was no one around and nothing that I could meaningfully interact with. I could not advance time, I was told to use the time to explore the house, despite having explored everything I could find. I finally "blew off some steam" in bed, which advanced an hour. No change to finding anything interactable. Navigation isn't difficult, but could be more intuitive. Moving the mouse around to see if anything highlights is FAR from an ideal system, particularly outside.
    Here's hoping for some major improvement in the next version. I rated it three stars because of potential, but gameplay improvement will determine if I revise my rating up or down. An unplayable game really ought to get a single star.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

Jackbite

It's in it's infancy faze at the moment! But has quality written all over it! Graphics are spot on and the Model are unique plus the music brings a western feel to the game. Once you've mastered the navigation it's easy to move around the one thing it needs is a hint menu, although it does have one
    but it's in WIP!