Ren'Py - A House in the Rift [v0.7.9 EA] [Zanith]

1. 5.00 star(s)

SemFesher

This game seems to be new in development but a lot of work has already been put into it, and it shows. The renders are nice and (most) of the character's designs are really nice. The pace picks up really well and it's quite clear how your answers and choices affects things (For better or worse). I like how there really isn't a "fail" system (as in if you mess up something, you can always progress and earn points later) I personally enjoy games where even though there are different routes, i don't have to load up old saves and go through these different routes just to unlock a certain small thing that one time. For the amount of time the game's been up, there is a surprising amount of content to be explored, with a day night system and characters having certain patterns and activities throughout the day
  2. 5.00 star(s)

echilog

finaly, someone who know, how to make a game that is not annoying to play.
    NO grinding. story element seems to be inplace.
    has 4 girls. (2 who I really like 1 meh and 1 also kinda meh. But nothing I hate)
    haveing only 4 girls makes it, so you can get to know them. So that is a huge plus.
    this also has the best animations I have seen in a HS game.
    And a good enough story. And well enough written dialog.. well done DEV.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Dharm

Amazing work! Supporting at maximum level!! Keep it coming please! I've played hundreds of other games and this one ranks at the old flash game "SlaveMaker" level for enjoyment with the addition of the most enthralling storyline liberally infused with sexual encounters spanning nearly the full range of experiences.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Watters

I don't like giving 5-star reviews. I feel like a game really has to go above and beyond to earn that kind of rating. The collection of games, comics and other media here on f95 tends to range from crap to really good, with the latter only ever getting a max of 4.5 stars, even if their lewd content is top-notch.

'A House in the Rift' has excellent sex scenes, but what pushes it above and beyond other titles I've tried on this site is everything else. The story is fun and unique and the characters are absolutely phenomenal. I normally try and see all the sex scenes I can, but I ended up going for the nicer route where I didn't see that because I legitimately care about these characters. They're vivid and dynamic and there's just a lot of wonderful interaction they have with the PC and each other that I just don't see in other VNs or games.

tl;dr Cum for the "plot", stay for the plot.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

ILI42

Awesome game + idea, the Story takes place in the House of the MC while he gets the ability to pull Girls of his Dreams into his house, which seems to be also in some kind of Dream Environment, floating in the Sky.

Sweet girls which have all their own character and are all lovely on their own.
    Also good graphics and animations.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

AsfLeki4672

Version: 0.4.3 Public 2020-04-10

What a fantastic game! The characters, writing and story are fantastic, Caitlin is just so innocent/precious, Naomi made me enjoy gentle femdom, Azraesha gives off "Yennefer" vibes that make you crave for more hugs, kisses and "quality time" from her and you cant help but pity the misunderstood Lyriel.

Every character is well written and the pacing of their "routes" and the main story just blend in so well that you dont realise it without having to specifically follow the guided instructions in the phone.

I would give this game 6 stars if i could.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

AlexTorch

A House In The Rift [v0.4.3 Public]

A good history, a really nice models, and a really nice dev, have your fetishes? Play it, is worth.

Story - A good one, but is really the beginning of the history, the mc is a badass but don't know why.
    Sound - Yes, we have music, and thank god we don't have a scream at orgasm.
    Renders - Good models, there a really good and different characters so far.
    Content - The game have a good amount, not giant, but still at 0.4.3 is a good amount.

In the end, is a nice addition to the site, and the best is a really nice dev, there not many of those here.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Legislat

Superb. Very lewd, hot and likable characters. Top notch scenes. most of all story is actually interesting. Never wanted to skip any text and thats is a treasure in itself. Play this game and please support its creator. We need more content like this.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

testedthing

The way this game makes you connect to these characters is amazing. I rarely feel this way in games there was maybe 2 similar games that made me feel like that.

Sex is plentiful you earn it in different ways. Its not a puzzle which i also love. You dont have to put together the millennium eye while running in circles to figure out what you have to do. Most games make you do that kinda stuff this game however does not to that i applaud. Great game highly recommend and will support and wait for updates. GJ zanith +1 fan
  10. 5.00 star(s)

ghou6543

It´s a really good game, but can't show a lot of new ones
    there are only a few new things. So I wouldn’t really call the game creative, but still there is something in it that makes it unique. The characters so far are very good each has their own style and and behavior, some characters are very well worked out. The story is weak in some places and captivating in other places, but the whole situation you drop into is simply amazingly good. The texts are quite good, but what we can answer is even better. Like I said, it’s not a creative game but it’s definitely worth giving a try!
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Shipfan66

I do have to admit, Zanith did a bang-up job on this one. The renders are good quality, actually quite good for the rendering engine in use. The progression system is also well set up and logically implemented.
    What sets it apart though is the storyline and the writing, both of which are well above par. Zanith has given us characters we can actually care about, and that the MC can get actively involved with and affect how their future is shaped. Sex is relatively plentiful but has to be earned first: the girls aren't gonna just jump right into the sack with him. Some effort required here, and I like that idea.
    Well done, Zanith.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Harem Route

Review as of version 0.4.2

Pros:
    + The story is pretty good
    + Music is awesome
    + The overall visuals are great
    + No grinding (except for sexy kind)
    + Nice clean UI
    + Rae's ass is majestic

Cons:
    - Relatively short so far, but I guess that's temporary.
    - Some poses and expressions look a bit awkward, but that's a minority of them (mostly odd lips in some bj scenes).
    - Quite a few spelling errors, especially in the very beginning, but... meh... whatever... and it gets much better after the "prologue".
    - Not all scenes look equally good.
    - A bit too much femdom at some points for my taste, but not unbearable levels and mostly optional. I just wish there were options to turn tables in such events.

In-depth:
    This game does one thing uniquely... wrong? Or right? Let's just say uniquely. It throws you in with no explanations and tutorials, just like the protagonist. And for the first few ingame days I just wandered around thinking "am I doing something wrong?".
    But then this feeling goes away and you just go with the flow doing whatever. And it's kinda refreshing. Not thinking too much about stats, wakthroughs (although there is an ingame journal for quests), time constraints, routes etc, but instead just... playing.
    The chill music also adds to this relaxing feeling.

The plot and setting are nice and once again, quite unique, which I like. And the overall writing quality is well above average. What I like is that descriptions of sex scenes are pretty colorful. Usually, in games like this, you just get animation and either none, or quite lame description to go with it. But not here. Nice. And the animations are also quite amazing, really. So it's a win-win.

While most of the choices don't seem to do much (to my knowledge), I still enjoy the slight differences in conversations they provide. I kinda want to replay again as a complete dick, to see if it really changes a lot of dialogues, but then again, I kinda like the girls too much to do it. I mean, come on, what kind of a heartless monster would tell Rae that she screwed up while cooking? Can't even think about it without cringing.

The characters are fine. I'm not used to cast being so small, but they are written better than your usual suspects.
    Love Naomi. It goes back to what I said about the whole atmosphere and music, but her attitude makes every conversation with her this much more relaxing and chill, taking any worries away.
    Caitlin took a bit of getting used to for me, but her interactions with Rae and just seeing how grateful she generally is made loving her extremely easy in the end.
    Lyriel is very much my type (in terms of breaking girls like her), so I'm expecting it'll be very fun engaging with her more later on.
    And then there's Rae... and you know... I may as well go as far as to say, after this game is finished, if all goes the way it does now, she is very likely to make it into my personal top-10 hentai waifus of all time. And trust me, I've seen and played A LOT, so it's a big competition. And she's not even my type normally. Still, she's absolutely astonishing, adorable and lovable. And probably has the best ass I've seen in a HS based game. You just can't NOT smack it every chance you get. It's mesmerizing.

The visuals are great. Finally, another person (other than a certain azure colored feline with his perverted teacher) that knows what he's doing with the camera angles, facial expressions and all that stuff. Great job.
    Granted, there are still exceptions here and there. Some scenes have too big of a fov, to the point where characters look a bit deformed. Lighting could be better; there are a few scenes, especially with Caitlin, who has very light skin and clothes, that are overexposed (way too bright).
    But these scenes are in a minority and don't sway the otherwise great impression at all.

So, overall, I think it's one of the more enjoyable experiences I've had in a while. It was surprisingly relaxing, and I just feel better after playing it. Can't wait to see it finished and polished.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

thuanaem5

The way of interaction is so cool, each character has unique personality - body ( ass, boob,... ). Especialy the story has so many progresses that you can decide your own self. The way char shows emotion in their face while f*cking is wonderful as well and i'd love this so much. in general this awesome
  14. 5.00 star(s)

jethroucc

Most impressive game I'm played yet, out of a substantial number of games. Good plot, good use of Ren'Py framework, gorgeous characters, and some of the best Ren'Py rendering ever. Can't wait to see this one through its erm... completion xD
  15. 5.00 star(s)

AdmiralNobody

Amongst the plethora of unfinished, convoluted or boring Ren'py games this one definitely stands out as an utter gem - comparable to Harem Hotel or Milfy City. I only recently stumbled on it - but have to say that I'll be following it from now on! Excellent work.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

AsnSen

A well-put-together story with unique and interesting characters makes for a great game play experience. Despite that I played v.0.4.2r1, it doesn't take away from the fact that I ended up playing this until I ran out of available routes for all the characters. Very very nice.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

NihlSan

I just... love it.
    The game is awesome, the editings are really, really good.
    The succubus character is so cute and lovely. I can't write how much i like this game in just simple words, because it has a unique touch, and the story is pretty damn good.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Hyperserver

Review on Version 0.4.2r1

Why are you wasting time, reading this review?
    Better use your time to download it and play!

100% worth it. Renders are great, story is well set up, and scenes are well written. Each character has his own unique personality, and that's also well done. Jokes are good, and well placed to enjoy them during playthrough. And finallay, the musik and animations are the spice on top.

I really don't know any negatives to point out, because even the freeroam is done with less amount of grind - maybe because of the good hint system ingame.

This is really a game where you should consider to pledge the dev at some point.

Well done, @ZanithOne , well done. Hope you can finish that great game the same way as you started it.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

burrito107

Really good game. The characters are well fleshed out and distinct from each other, both in terms of personality and visually. The writing is very good, and the visuals are great. I also like how the dream sequences are used to spice things up a little - the normal sex scenes are good, but I usually like things a little more intense when I'm playing these games.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Soviet_615

This pretty quickly has become one of my favorites. Really good stories lines, with smooth scenes, lots to do and have fun with in the house, solid characters, and a fun premise.

Currently it's an amazing unfinished game, and i'm really excited to see where this project goes.