A.I. Games

k3w1

Aug 20, 2020
I have just been shown a demo of GTP-3, Google's Open AI, and it looks incredible. Do you think we will be able to use this or future iterations to not only write a great narrative but also do all the game side coding as well ?

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
No. Not with those technologies.
Things don't just magically write themselves.
Project like AI Dungeon 2 is pretty much a evolutionary Dead End, it has no substance and much constituency behind it.

However I am working on a Project like that, but there is no magical code there, it's about coming up with the right Mechanics, Systems, Algorithms and Game Design like in any other game.
There has been some good progress on Procedural Generation, even for Narrative, but there are also Tradeoffs, things would be much more generic and basic, we haven't even reached the stage of "baby steps", so even a
badly written story is still far off.
But things will get more sophisticated as we learn about what things work.

Right Now. Something more Dramatic, Interesting and Streamlined than Dwarf Fortress and more Sophisticated than The Sims should be Possible.

k3w1

Aug 20, 2020
Thanx DuniX. Its such a shame that we don't have these tools yet. I thought we could input a ton of scripts like black mirror, game of thrones, westworld, etc.. along with all the storyboard styles used in renpy and rpgm games.. and then get something back that is better than, or as good as, going on fiverr.com and paying someone to write me a pilot episode story arc. I guess i will have to do it myself until these damn geeks pull their socks up and make something useful for once !!! :p

Edit: If any one knows a good service (better than fiverr) where i can get a good script with a basic storyboard designed around my key idea points please hit me up <3