VN - Unity - Completed - A Long, Long Love Ago [Final] [OTUSUN LAND]

1. 3.00 star(s)

NeZKyMaN

A tiny game for a break between household chores.

+ dialogues that do not sound artificial;
    + unusual story idea;
    + voice acting;

- mega short
    - no choices and no influence on gameplay;

Don't get me wrong, the game is cute but it doesn't have much to offer and it's very short and by the time you start getting into the atmosphere it's already over. It's hard to recommend it to anyone, it's kind of a "you don't know what" game.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Garfield9000

Short but sweet. The only VN that I have read completely without skipping.

The dialogue is well written, and the sex scene doesn't have any cringey writing, constant moaning, and the girl narrating what is happening.

The voice acting is expertly done. And the voices fit the characters. Not much more to say.

Story is, albeit short, very good. The story flows naturally, and the relationship is developed nicely. The two characters are also done well, as each person's personality is clearly shown.

The music is beautiful, nice and calming. It doesn't intrude into the story, breaking your focus.

The art has, as shown, an older art style reminiscent of early 2000s anime. The characters are well drawn, with details, good coloring, and nice, if simple, lighting. They do not look flat.

Although not colored in and only in black and white, the backgrounds are are pretty good and well drawn. Drawings are made using traditional hand drawing, but shaded with what seems to be water/ink painting, which does give a nice effect to it. There are some scenes, however, where there isn't much of a background, with only the shading to give space to the images.

The only real complaint is the fact that there is no penetration, and no epilogue to show how there life together went other than a short phrase saying they had a child together.

Even so, still a 5/5. I would definitely recommend it. Its short and only takes about 15 minutes to complete, so there is no reason not to give it a try.