Ren'Py - Abandoned - A Million Dollar Idea [v0.5] [Light_FeniXXX]

1. 3.00 star(s)

TheLonelyGhost

A man can only take so much clicking around. This game fits right in with the other door opener simulators, but in a very extreme way. As far as I can tell there isn't a whole lot of content for it being a (at this time) 0.5 release.

I think the story is about a guy whos company is going through an upheaval after a change in management. But that might just be a side plot? He lets his friend (who I automatically assume is his sister after playing so many of these games) come live with him in the big city. There is a love/fear system so you can be a dom or a romantic I assume.

The gameplay is downright painful. Normally in a sandbox game you have a traversal system that is just clicking on objects and doors to move. This one has sections with between 5 and 10 arrows on the screen pointing to different doors you can go through. The text also makes no sense sometimes, like the "turn around" arrow says "Turn her around"? What? in the home this isn't an issue because there is a navigation map. But at the office there isn't one and the only way to get to your desk is by clicking no less than 4 arrows. Then you have to click arrows to talk to different people in the office. It is grueling. I honestly don't know if I have seen everything, but every task in my journal says (Currently in Development) so I assume I hit a dead end. There is a convenience store that is manned by Even Rachel Woods cheap clone whom is a prostitute essentially.

The renders are middle of the road. I've seen a couple of the character models before I'm pretty sure. If not, they are very close to others. I don't really have a whole lot to say here. The locations are overused in what seems like every game and the UI is cluttered as all hell. It isn't going to win a prize for the art direction, thats for sure.

The writing is okay. I think it's translated, so it has all of the drivel that comes with it. I can't express how much I hate the statement "as you know" when its used in everyday dialogue. I don't know if its a commonly used phrase elsewhere, but its only really used in corporate america here. The conversations seemed written by an AI and lacked any real emotion or personality. It's par for the course for a game like this.

I can't say don't play this game yet because I know this is some peoples bread and butter. But I can't recommend it either. It is a lot of work for a little progress. I wish the dev nothing but the best as they continue to develop this game.