VN - Ren'Py - A Mother's Love [Part 1-13 Plus] [OrbOrigin]

1. 4.00 star(s)

HasbroMB

This is the first Ren'Py VN I played. It's what got me interested in these things, so I have a soft spot for it. It's got a complex plot with lots of content, a beautiful older woman character, and many good, erotic scenes. But, man, at times it is really... odd.

This VN, more than any other, makes me wish I could somehow get into the source code and rewrite all the dialogue. It's not that the obvious non-native English is grammatically wrong. It's just that the way people talk is really uncanny. It's like if I google translated my English into Mandarin or Japanese. A native speaker of those languages would understand, but they'd raise their eyebrows. This VN is like that.

It's a soap opera, with cliffhangers, sudden, dramatic revelations and all that baggage. I've seen both Japanese and Chinese soaps, and I get the impression that this is an Asian dev team who've taken a TV drama and put it in a North American setting... without knowing how North Americans live or talk.

The weirdness... the older woman's great scandal is that when she was a swimsuit model, someone... gasp... grabbed her breast. Omg, tell that to Terry Richardson. Or the night out in the fancy restaurant... and they order the dishes by number. Or, maybe my favourite, the "Blues Bar," is called that because the owner's name is... Mr Blues. Like Blues' Clues. Maybe it should be "Blueses Bar." This kind of stuff abounds, and gives an uncanny feeling to the whole thing.

I have to give credit to the creators in keeping the plot going. It starts as a simple blackmail, but then becomes increasingly elaborate, and, as I said, they conclude every episode with a cliff hanger, which takes ingenuity. Some of the cliff hangers are silly, and forced, but if you read the discussion thread you'll see that they generate a lot of interest and anticipation.

Scenes are well-composed, and this helps keep the material fresh over time. The early episodes in particular are full of really interesting images, framed with very cineamtic angles. The sex scene in the fancy restuarant is a good example. As the story progresses I notice fewer of these, however.

The erotic scenes in general are really good, and full of titillation, with a lot of sexual tension, risk of being discovered etc. Very re-playable.

The MC is mopey, reminds me a lot of your typical manhwa protagonist, a boring person dropped into an exciting situation. Other characters are... odd. The daughter looks like she's always eating a lemon. The husband looks like Willem Dafoe and talks like, I dunno, a cross between Cao Cao and Snidely Whiplash.

The older woman is the star, beautifully realized and presented for our delectation. I do wish she was less whiney. I liked her early on, when she was composed and strict, but over time she's becoming fragile and almost infantile, which is a mood-killer for me.

That's enough. Definitely worth checking out. Kudos for the devs to hit a lot of my erotic interests with such excellent artwork. But, man , the dialogue...
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Lonewolftee

Nicole is in the list of top 10 milfs of all time, she's damn near perfect. Story is pretty nice, and the other characters are also cool. Hopefully we will get to fuck Marylynn in the future also because she's a cool character too. There are lots of interesting people in the game that you meet and talk with too. The MC is a little dumb but I've seen much worse. All in all I would recommend giving the game a try, I liked it enough to support the dev making it.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Oliver Wendell Homely

I love the idea of a story wherein the MC slowly starts building a sexual relationship with his girlfriend's mom. That's super hot. Unfortunately, "A Mother's Love" doesn't deliver for me. The MC is a total douchebag and the sex escalates too quickly. After a while I found myself just skipping through the dialogue in order to get to the lewd scenes, which is a sign to me that a title is average, at best.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Andrewwood

A Mother's Love, is an outstanding example of a self directed V.N. I really enjoy this premise, it's different . As the story goes on it is becoming much more complex, once I think I know where it's headed there is a twist that makes me reconsider my original thought process and opinion of the charters, as it seams they all have a lot of secrets they're guarding. The renderings are great, Mrs. Heavens is by far the best.
    Truly look forward to each and every update.
    OrbOrigin you're doing a wonderful job on this project.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

SixtyNineGaming

The central relationship of this story is between you and your girlfriend’s mother and the development of this relationship is excellent. The characters grow as the story moves along and their relationships keep you engaged. The character of the girlfriend's mother is very well developed and the hero is pretty likable. You'll also meet several great women along the way. The graphics are pretty good and this game is also a must play.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Hahn1900

I would give 4,5 stars, but there is no half star... so be it 5 ;)

I personally dont like "corruption", i tried this game sonce, a half year ago... and about day 4-5 in-game i quit. Cant stand the "blackmail" or "taking advantage" situation. I just dont feel good in this.

Recently i decided to give this another try, i have to admit, Nicoles Model is just something else... i wanted to play another time to look at it and to see if the game "changes" at one point.

I was relieved that the "taking advantage" part is rather short... didnt know that it will only take a week ingame to "stop" it in a way.

Yeah if you take advantage of Nicole all the time and go all along the corupption way, this might be different, but as i said, i dont like it... so i went the way to "lose" corruption points on her.

And this way you will get one, maybe the best love-affair story on F95 so far i think. You can really "feel" the affaction the MC and Nicole have. And the guilt, to this affair is always present. Chloe is cute as a button, it pains a little to go behind her back. But all works out really good... its well written to accept and see the chloe is not "the" girl for the MC, she hasnt it all... Nicole on the other side has all what the MC desires, and this you can comprehend due to the good writing of this game.

For me, this love-story is just great, and you can easily replay this game in other paths... NTR is avoidable (which i did, chloe is still my girlfriend) but there is the NTR path too, and you can corrupt nicole or just go deeply in love with her... so i would say, 3 playthroughs are a good way to "see it all"

To summarize...

Excellent Renders, great lovestory (potentially for those who like it, a great corruption path too i would say), interessting and tense story around the Magic Grand Real Estate which is perfectly intertwined with the story around Nicole and the MC. At the beginning i said i would give 4,5 stars instead of 5, to explain this... this half star "los" is about the animations... to say it freely, just cut them. They are not good at all, these kind of animations are just annoying and dont do any good to the game. Just repating motions which most of the times are just awful and sometimes making it involuntarily weird, if youre not able to make good and diverse animations, than just dont do any animations at all. But i think animatiosn are just a "bonus" so i will give the game 5 stars int he end cause there are no half-stars.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

frankwang0098

I would actually rate this 3.5/5, but since there's no half star on this site, I will give it a 3 star instead. This game is very inconsistent in that it is really great at its best and very bad at its worst. The concept is great and the foundations for a good game are certainly there, but the writing quality for its characters are complete coin-flips, and the dialogue sound incredibly robotic and not how real people would actually talk. I also wish that the protagonist was a few years older and was more mature instead of being a whiny, hypocritical and horny piece of shit who doesn't really develop into a more likable character even in the non-corruption route. Still, the romantic moments with Nicole later into the story are by far the best parts of the game, and it single-handedly carried this game from bad to actually enjoyable.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

StephenClukis33

Very story driven game, it shows very real characters from an arrogant antagonist/protagonist who while blackmailing a mother of his girlfriend into sexual favours finds himself grow feelings for her other than lust, she in turn is repulsed by his actions in the beginning but as the story plays out we find very human characters, I did not like the Protagonist at first but the player will find themselves rooting for the 2 as the story unfolds. There is actually a sweet love story in here with varying branching paths, you can choose to stay that arrogant character or actually make different choices that genuinely affect the games narrative and become something better, the animations are some of the best rendered in any Ren'Py game too, no stolen assets & a great plot actually make this a great game.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

deijsbeer

A very good gaem. Nice graphics and story. The graphics are with the right expresions. I loved this game. Looking forward to the next chapter. And ofcourse how will this end ? The women are nice. Canversations sometime a little to much for me. But the story is to good to stop with playing.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

sabil_miraj

great storyline, great rendering, great facial feature , literally look like a real human. Amazing start! Looking forward to the updates .It has huge potential. Every time I thought it would surely end, it kept going
  11. 5.00 star(s)

ntp12345

I really enjoyed playing this game. The image of the mother in the game feels very real when "fap"i, I fell many times because of that angelic face. oI really like it and if you are a fan of the milf, don't miss the experience. experience it.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

vptxiid46

Wow wow wow...I recently played this game and kudos to the dev for making such an engaging plot with beautiful renders. The heroine stands out in her look and the progress feels natural.

Certainly one of the games where I went in looking for a quick *** but stayed for the story.
    This needs more love from ppl here.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

evilkitty97

The game is so captivating. Both the characters and plot are AMAZING, especially Nicole.

Nicole is by far the best tsundere mom Ive ever seen.
    Most beautiful one too, with or without her glasses.

She is so loving and caring about her family that she doesnt easily break down to cheating, to the point she would even get nightmares of getting caught in indecent/wrong acts.
    That is conscience, or might also be regret. I havent played much VN games about cheating milfs yet to know if they have the same, but this value in a milf is AMAZING.
    The fact that she struggles with it all because of wanting to feel loved again, at the same time putting up boundaries to limit herself because she already has a family.

The antagonist here is a worthy villain, very smart and clever. He is a hypocrite, a snake and a very cunning control freak. All the more reason for one day, for Nicole to leave him. As much as she commited some of his wrong acts too (cheating), the villain is the one most at fault at the end of everything.

Hope to see more of this amazing game, and more more more of Nicole.
    Stay safe creator, may God always be with you.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

maver!ck

I am writing this review after playing up to part 10 of the game. Here's what I liked and did not like about the game so far.

Liked:
    -the MC does not share his woman (a huge plus for me)
    -Nicole is HOT!!!!! (she's now my favorite milf ;))
    -very minimal forced scenes (it would be the best if there is none)
    -very hot sex scenes (have I said that Nicole is hot?)
    -no game overs
    -great renders and animations
    -engaging story
    -story is refreshing (a nice break from the usual story lines from other games)

Did not like:
    -spelling and grammar NEEDS proof reading! (there are dialogues that cannot be understood
    -dialogues NEED a rework (I felt like I was reading an anime english subtitle). A better choice of words will surely make a huge improvement.
    -no option to torture and kill John, Joshua, Tyler and those 2 asshole receptionists from the hotel :devilish:

As far as I'm concerned, the pros clearly outweighs the cons. Overall, the game is great if you can put up with the dialogues, and since I am now a huge fan of Nicole Heavens I'll give it 5 stars! I hope the updates keeps on coming regularly.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

SirAlexander111

I love Nichole, her character is really intoxicating, don't care for other girls in there but Nichole. She is still confused but hopefully she will sort it out in upcoming episodes and start some serious relationship with mc.
    You are doing great job Orb.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

ramson32

HI i hardly leve any review for the games and i do support some patrons but hardly ever posts on f95 but i owe to OrbOrigin to leave this review for the excellent game that he created. I have playing erotic game for last 3 years and i stumbled across orbrigin work in past. His work was impressive but the games were very short so i didn't give much attention but i accidentally came across this gem gave it a try and it just blew my mind. I admit the plot that started out bit silly has spiraled in something phenomenal. If you just play for storyline you would be satisfied and intrigued for what will happen in future. But for me storyline is not best part but its the characters especially Nicole. Wow what a lady. She just keeps getting better band better. By every part her charterer become better and she becomes more and more beautiful. I gotta hand it orborigin you have created one of finest human specimens in history of erotic games.
    Another thing i point out the great detail on small expressions, they are described withe great detail that you don.t see often in other games. Now for personal favorite thing about this game apart from goddess Nicole is that this is a love story. sure mc has some fun here and there but he not trying have sex with every chick but pursuing her love for one lady and update by update is becoming more and more clear. I think because their relationship is evolving, even after so many detailed and fabulous sex scenes between mc and nicole we get something fresh and exciting. With this point i am ending my review on this fabulous gem that should garner much more support that it deserves and for my selfish reason if orborigin has bigger budget the updates will be more frequent. So please check out this game and if you find it worthy do support him. I do really hope orborgin read this review so that i can thank him for creating this gem.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

ditty00

I'm giving this game 4 stars.

Graphics: 4
    Story: 4
    Plot: 4
    Action: 4

Graphics: 4
    It is clear the developer spends a lot time posing and giving the characters a personality. Which is nice to see. I would have given this a 5, but the quality just isn't quite there. Despite that, there is still plenty of detail.

Story: 4
    When I initially started it I wasn't too fond of how the MC was blackmailing the Mother. But eventually, watching her change and start to like the MC was worth the trip. The developer spent a lot of time showing the internal struggles she goes through and how she fights herself.
    The daughter is likable, but her character development is clearly limited as she isn't the main LI.
    Some of the other characters still have some depth, like Silvia. And it's clear she will have a big role in the plot.
    All in all, the story is pretty good. The only thing that bothered me is how the MC's girlfriend had a core personality change after she breaks up with him.
    The developer does need to get a proof reader as some of the dialog you have to read a couple of times before you grasp what is being said. But, if you can look past that, it is a great story.

Plot: 4
    The plot is pretty obvious from the start. But somehow the developer manages to keep it interesting. You know how things are going to end, but it isn't quite clear how. He is still managing to keep us guessing on how the LI's husband will meet his end.

Action: 4
    The game starts out with action pretty quickly. You have sex with your girlfriend pretty early on and start fooling around with the mother fairly quickly. There is sexual activity with one other character, and appears that the developer may building up to other sexual encounters with other women in the game. It's not a 5 because it isn't a f**k fest from the start.

It's a great game and I am certainly looking forward to every version of it in the future. Try it, you'll like it.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Trash_Panda

First of all, this is not an incest game. Title says 'mother' which actually made me thought this was just one of the incest games on the forum, so i avoided this game for a long while which was a very big mistake. Im not kinkshaming btw, incest can be really good too when done right. So here's the lesson of the day: Always read game descriptions first...

PROS

+Featuring probably the sexiest milf on the site, along with other hot chicks.
    +Very good corruption progress.
    +Good enough story to keep things interesting.
    +Animations can be eh at times but overall there are many of them and most of them are amazing.
    +All models are original (i easily read hundreds lot of vns on the site and i really dont remember any of them being used in any other game, maybe they got heavy alteration or something but we finally dont see 'Darius' anymore!)
    +Choices affect the upcoming scenes. There are tons of choices and different renders along with them.
    +Very long gameplay.
    +Marilyn is a really nice bonus.
    +Top quality writing. Things are done with logical explanations.

CONS

-The vn is too good in a way that it sets your standarts so high, so you might not enjoy other low quality works anymore.
    -You'll be wishing Nichole was real and you could see her every day.
    -You'll also wish this vn lasted forever.
    -I dont know if this really considered as a con but i noticed there are no characters with dark skin (well ok i must admit i played a lot of ntr games recently, so it feels weird not seeing one haha)
  19. 3.00 star(s)

Snowcrash

Part 10 Plus Review

Renders: 3/5 They look fine, but not great. Could use more polish and re-rendering. Better lighting, most defininetly.
    Animations: 3/5 The first animations aren't as good, as the game progresses they get better.
    Characters: 3/5 The cast at first isn't very varied or attractive, the 'mom' is fine but it gets old and repetitive after a while. Didn't like the rest of the cast, but it seems the dev is working towards adding more girls.
    Story: 3/5 Pretty bland incest-ish blackmail-ish story at first, seems to be trying to go somewhere else by the end, but it doesn't quit get anywhere for now. The pacing feels off at times.
    Sex Scenes: 3/5 They are okay, not varied enough for my personal taste. The main focus is the 'mom' character.
    Sound: 2/5 Needs a mod.

Plenty of content, but not enough going on, I would give it a 4 but I am giving it a 3 to peg down the ridiculous high ratings it has. Final version, will most likely get a 4.
  20. 4.00 star(s)

gr33nappleboy

As far as games that involve corruption/NTR/branching, this one goes well beyond the normal level of detail to keep us hooked onto the main storyline. I personally avoided the NTR just cause I don't like Beeman but I don't recall a game that plays so heavily into this concept. Your choices definitely do matter in this game.

The renders for the game are alright with the only ones really standing out being Nicole (for obvious reasons) and Silvia and maybe the MC's mom. Most of the other characters have eyebags or, in the case of John, look like he was injected with a heavy dose of botox but that's probably intentional to make him look evil.

The overall writing is decent but there's still quite a few grammatical errors that can trip up users a little bit and the dialogue can be VERY dragged on at times. A simple dialogue that shouldn't take more than 5 or 6 frames takes 20-30 and just sapped the energy from me trying to get past it.

There is a TON of content to get through but it's overall solid game at the core