VN - Ren'Py - Completed - A New Beginning [Ch. 1-12] [JJsworld]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Demaster1996

It's ok, bit boring.

It really needs animations and varying facial features, everyone looks the same all the time.

The models are uncanny valley bad but you can look past it.

There are some decent scenes but are limited by lack of animations.

Even basic techniques like having one still image at the peak of a thrust and another at the trough of the thrust to emulate movement would improve this games visuals a lot.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Govram

A New Beginning [Ch. 1-12] [JJsworld]
    [Please note that there is another story/game with the same title which is ongoing - not completed]

Pros
    • A nice story.
    • Playability and performance are OK no issue

Cons
    • Resolution of images (720p)
    • No animation at all.
    • Jumping between the scenes are pretty bad; no logic just randomly jumping of scenes. Maybe developer is testing players memory.
    • Not a game as nothing to play; I mean the players have no any option to select to drive the story; just follow the story
    • Sound: Almost no sound except background music
    • Lack of genuine or more of fictitious for sexuality
    • Lack of seductiveness in sexual approach
    • English language/Grammar needs lot of improvements
    • Unable to find any patch/guide for incest
  3. 3.00 star(s)

ThaDude1977

Short review because i stopped after a little bit into the 2nd chapter to read some of the comments to get a better idea of how the story is gonna be. And I'm glad i did because it's has some stuff in this story i really don't like. First off to be fair what i read so far was actually pretty good thats why i'm giving it at least 3 stars. To me the sex scenes are pretty good I give them a 4/5 stars some may disagree with me but i have seen way worse and i like it. The story so far into the 2nd chapter is good 4/5 stars. The graphics to me not that bad either, not as good as others but pretty good 3/5 stars. Many of you are probably wondering why i gave it only 3 stars when i gave high score on the other stuff and i'll tell you first off the whole calling the MC master is dumb and not into that. That's only a minor reason so to the 2nd and main reason for the scoring of 3 stars . I read of the comments about how much lesbian play is in the story and that turns me off pretty fast, Nothing wrong with being a lesbian it's just not my thing. Also i don't like sharing my women even with other women. And from what i understand they don't just do the lesbian stuff when they with MC they do it with each other even without MC and that really turns me off. If this didn't have any lesbian in it i might give it a 4 maybe depends on the rest of the story.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Cussstom

More like virgin 14 y.o. dream then an actual story.

Gigachad mc with enourmous cock and female characters immediately falling in love with him. It is fun when it's done in grotesque fun manner like in Battle of Bulges or Apocalypse. But this game is not this case.

Also poor renders and writings, I got bored in the first 5 minutes of the game. After another 10 minutes I dropped it. Maybe there's interesting story after that 15 minutes I missed but I'll never know.

And maybe if you didn't see a naked woman in your life there's a small chance you will like this game. If it's not about you, don't waste time downloading this game.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Angelray

the visual are terrible. Pixellized visuals everywhere. Girls look like aliens having an approximate human body...
    The story breaks the fourth wall within one minute of gameplay and even if that is not a problem in itself, in this game it's used to do a flashback storytelling... why?

Also the MC is an all powerful all knowing and making all right choices because MC type one with whom every girl fall in love.

I really found it hard to play for an hour and finally decided to give up.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Xo Mo

A New Beginning...
    A simple tale of "boy grows up to be an assassin, with a destiny he is reluctant to believe in, while being an outcast from a family who thinks he died as a kid."

Overall:
    This is an interesting concept, presented in a very low-res, generic fashion in renders that - for some reason - are either cropped or squeezed into an almost perfectly square image, as can be seen in the preview pictures.

The writing is consistently bland and sometimes confusing as hell, with characters calling one another by different names in the same scene, character name tags being swapped, and even 3 pairs of individuals whose names are identical except for two letters being reversed. Top this off with most images containing a minimum of 3 nondescript love interests, and identifying who is who and who is speaking and what their relationship to one another may or may not be - gets super confusing.

On the good side:
    The premise and story are compelling enough to keep some players clicking through to the end.
    The fact that characters are not LOCKED IN to a set of clothing, hair style, or looks the entire game helps keep it interesting.

On the "meh" side:
    Character models morph a little at random times. They are basically a single girl cloned with different hair and slightly different breast size. However, by the end of Chapter 11, every girl has somehow become identical in all ways but hair color and style.

On the "It could be so much better if" side:
    If there was any sound at all, it would help the game. It's just pure silence start to end.
    If there was any animation at all - even a slideshow of characters shifting around during the FIGHT scenes or the H-scenes - just that alone would make this game better.
    If the characters with almost identical names, the characters who use the same name in the same scene, and the ones speaking had a close-up to identify WHO in the group of 11 love interests is talking at that moment, it would have been better.
    If the writing was polished so adverse words and typos were fixed, it would have been better.
    If the girls with B-cups, C-Cups, D-Cups all stayed at that breast size instead of somehow becoming E-G cups without any explanation, it would have been better.

In General:
    With the premise of "no pull out game" and all the girls being fertile, the story takes place over what has to be a 3-year period, since every few moments, the dev has them skip a few weeks... MC must have some super-slow spunk, or the girls must not be dropping eggs for over a year, because they'd all have had 2 kids before Chapter 11.

It's a nice little story. Told kinetically, but with presentation flaws and inconsistencies that bring the score down for me and others. If any of these "negatives" were corrected, perhaps in a revised, amped up presentation with sound, animation, and actual drama and suspense in the action scenes, it would probably be a top-rated game.

I liked it, in general. I enjoyed it, for the most part. It's a 5-star game presented in a 2-star format. I only give it 4-stars because it has some good ideas and kept me reading/clicking.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Zephea

Fun game! It's 'out there', yea - for a VN it moves along at a good pace, does not bore you and has plenty of sexy scenes. Definitely worth a look and a play through.
    Looking forward to what you bring us next!

- Nice graphics that fit the game
    - Plenty of sexy scenes throughout the game
    - Nice humor throughout
    - Prologue gives room for a sequel, if the Dev is inclined.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

JackMiejov

This review is for the [Completed] version chapters 1-12, although it's really hard to tell what's really going on as it seems the developer just decided to reorganize the updates and go from 7 chapters to 11 chapters overnight.

This game is overall poor. The story is poor. The writing is poor. The graphics/renders are poor (grainy and low resolution) and there are no animations. The models are poor (look like Barbie dolls). This "adult" game appears to have been developed by someone that has never had sex or seen a naked woman before. It's like a 12-year-old boy wrote down his wet dream.

If you're reading this and you're already downloading the game and are planning to try it anyway, well, I'm sorry for you, but at least you can enable "Skip Unseen Text" in the Preferences menu and be done with it in a couple minutes.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Bobainox

Great game!!!. Good story, really love it so far [ch.11] and all the female characters, for me the story is the best of this game, badass male mc, trained in all kinds of things with brains for investments, lucky to have a good family of womens to take care of them, provide them all what they like/want because he has the money and it satisfy him they are happy and secure, background history of killer/spy/contractor/the man u needs to call to get the job done. I like every single female in the game, all looks good to me, good sister relationship in the harem for harmony, they also enjoy themselves. goods renders. played all the game in one go, good hours of reading and joy for my brain. wish there is more of this. cheers developer/author
  10. 4.00 star(s)

juan palote

Versoin: CH 1-11

Good story, nice renders, doesnt try to be more than it wants to be. The only thing i think would make it better is animations, but i understand its a lot of work to make them.

Perfect game to chill and spend a good time, i hope it continues like this.
  11. 1.00 star(s)

FapMachine123

First issue for me is this is a kinetic novel which isn't a format I'm fond of but it was clearly written on the main page so I knew what I was getting into.

Second issue, the renders which seem to mainly have muscular women. Fit and buff are not the same thing unfortunaltely and it's not really my cup of tea but again I saw it on the main page so fine.

Third and biggest issue, as written in other reviews there is no story, no plot whatsoever. This kinetic novel is just a dull 14 year old kid's fantasy of his perfect life with a harem and wealth that (both) come outta nowhere.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

CvtBfg

Well it may be simple as an idea, but its very well placed.
    I like the models and the plot started very strong.
    Ill give some credit to dev. and i hope things will get better soon.
    Ill give it 5star just because its a very honest try and needs support.
    Keep it up !
  13. 1.00 star(s)

_Utakata_

Only good thing is some renders
    There is no real story in this game and no choices
    I kept skipping hoping to see a no choices but al i saw was mc having sex with girls and text text text
    Mc does not even have to make a effort with these girls
    He invites or meet them and end up in the bedroom
  14. 2.00 star(s)

LostKing

Not a fan of this one at all sadly.

The writing is really bad. Hard for me to want to play, it's just immature and at times painful to read, there is no sense of development or progression from the characters.

The render quality is also really awful, and grainy. The resolution seems oddly low and the character models remind me of some early erotic games I played maybe 15 years ago? Hair comes across as solid lumps and characters are mostly devoid of expression.

I love harem games but this just isn't worth it to be honest.
  15. 3.00 star(s)

VN..reader

i would really 'Like' to give it 4 * , but the ... image,... writing...and character qualities are too poor. it juvinial in writing, grainy and blurry images. i DO Like it. the girls are a hoot. some of the things happening and dialog are SO Very stupid ... that it is fun. Kinda like watching a TROMA movie. i can't ask dev to change it, then it would be something else and lose it's .. character.
    if the dev said ch 12 will be the end. i would play it again just for kicks.
    (but if the Toxic Avenger shows up... i'm out)
  16. 4.00 star(s)

The Big Fat Panda

A good game with an exciting story idea. It's a VN and should be evaluated as such. The MC needs some time to get adjusted to. Yes, there are some gramatical mistakes and the linear story line maybe a bit vanilla for some.
    Story line moved too fast with regard to developing relationship with the girls. I do wish there was more to it, especially with the sisters. It will be interesting to see how the story progresses since they are all part of a harem.
    Considering that the developer is new to this and is rendering in a low spec system, we can overlook the lack of high resolution images.
    Baring all these issues, I really liked this game and would definitely recommend trying this game out. All the best to the developer!!
  17. 4.00 star(s)

jhustrue

Mixed feelings about this one. The first sex scene REALLY needs to get redone. In fact, you would be wise to just redo the whole chapter. Chapter 1 is the most important chapter for your game. I quit playing when I saw that sex scene and only came back to play it again because I didn't have anything else to do. Thankfully it gets a little better later on. Also, all the girls fall into the MC's arms way too easily. There's no build-up, conflict, or drama whatsoever. It was quite interesting early on but once the harem forms it gets boring. MC is a Gary Stu all the way. All the girls drool when they see him and his 11 inch dick drives them wild. He solves everything instantly and gives his harem girls everything they want. The game basically just turned into a cheap wish fulfillment game.

I did enjoy chapters 2 and 3, though.
  18. 2.00 star(s)

Keldar

[Review based on release 7]
    First off this game is a VN in truth. You get a linear story with the odd choice and the story unfolds without any grinding, which is a happy change from so many other games out there.

The problem is that a VN which is just a story really needs to be written in a real language not engrish. The models are okay but nothing special and this holds true for the renders. In fact the render quality isn't up to the standards of a lot of other games. In 2021 these renders are not bad but they are very much below the best this site has to offer.

The game lacks animations and given that the renders are nothing to write home about it hurts the game. Also the size of the renders also hurts the game. Given how common higher resolutions are becoming these renders are again showing their age. I am guessing they are only 720p which is fine for 1080p resolutions but hell even laptops are releasing with 2k or 4k monitors now, so this game really looks worse for ware on my 27 in 2k monitor and this is even worse on my 4k monitor.

The scene has surpassed the scope of this game, the quality of this game and the expectations of what makes a good game has surpassed what this game offers. Where once this game might have been viewed as average but by today's examples on this very site this game is now poor.

The game does have some good points for it, the MC isn't a complete asshole which not as uncommon today as it was a few years ago it is still nice to see. I prefer my MC not to be complete wankers. The content amount is decent for a 7th release but not a huge amount. That said i am much more supportive and forgiving of sparse content when it isn't "hidden" behind BS grinds. There is no grind, just story. Not a great story but far from the worse. The dev isn't crap just the scene has progressed past what this game is delivering. This would have been a decent game 3 years ago and a good game 5 years ago but in 2021 it isn't that good anymore.
  19. 2.00 star(s)

Sesinho

Grammar and punctutation need some work.

5:4 aspect ratio in 2020 is kind of bad.
    Those bands filling the sides, i dont know if they work as intended, and that portion of the screen that is fixed and sure saved render time, didnt bring any perk to the viewer since render resolution is still bad.

If you like the story all of the above doesnt matter. I couldnt continue after the first 10 minutes, when the MC for some reason had to jerk off.
  20. 4.00 star(s)

seamanq

Just found this little gem and I must say I am enjoying the ride. While the trope isn't particularly new or creative (young man becomes extremely wealthy within a few years and has the resources to have a harem and give them whatever they want without limits), the ride is still enjoyable.

The backstory is that the MC was chased from his family home when she finds out he is having sex with his sister (even though she doesn't have a problem that he is having sex with her). After years of mother's imposed exile, the brother reunites with his four sisters who move into his mansion, they all agree to be a harem, and hey, why not, pick up a barista and nurse to round out the group.

Hey, it's only the second chapter.

Pros:
    Story is interesting and points are quite funny, making me laugh out loud
    There is sex. A lot of sex.
    The girls seem to have unique personalities
    Each one looks unique and they are not just Daz model slapped into a game

Cons:
    The production quality could be better
    Lighting, staging, and model design could improve
    Borrowing from OhWee on this one: Hypnotized by the big dick ....
    It should probably take a little more than that to convince girls to jump on it and start bouncing like their lives depended on it.

The cons are why it didn't get a full five stars, but it is early and the dev can do much to improve the game along the way.