VN Ren'Py A New Nurse [v0.05] [Candyland Studio]

AVNSnax

Story Teller
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2021
This isn't even a demo. No story, a couple of half-assed images, a smattering of dialog.

This seemed like a couple of hours effort at most. If the dev really wanted to put out a demo to get feedback, they failed--there's nothing to comment on except the dev's vague promises.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
"Alex wakes up dreaming about a new nurse."

Should there be a "from" in between "up" and "dreaming" or is this a dream inside of a dream?

Walt Dee

Apr 4, 2017
Agree with others who say there's not enough info to be worthy of a download. Also, futa is not my thing, is it avoidable here?

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Dev

Your VN immediately crashes on case sensitive filesystem platforms like Linux such as follows:

Code:
While loading <'Image' u'backgrounds/alexs_room.jpg.'>:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 26, in script
    "In a quiet apartment bedroom, sunlight filters in through the gap between the curtains."
  File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 114, in _window_auto_callback
    _window_show(auto=True)
  File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 69, in _window_show
    renpy.with_statement(trans)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'backgrounds/alexs_room.jpg.'.
You are probably using M$ Winders for your development and have fallen into its trap with NTFS which preserves case on write but totally ignores it on read. You are using what is probably lower case filenames and folder names in your Renpy code, but your images folder unpacks with mixed case filenames and folder names as follows:

Code:
~/Downloads/ANewNurse-1.0-pc/game/images $ ls -R
.:
 Alex_Aroused.png   Alex_Pose2.png    'Alice PNG.png'        Backgrounds     Dawn_Text_Alt.jpg  'Leah PNG.png'
 Alex_Normal.png    Alex_Worried.png   Alice_Pose1.png       Dawn.jpg        Dawn_Text.jpg      'ON Face Alex PNG.png'
'Alex PNG.png'      Alice_Fell.jpg     Alice_Pose1Test.png  'Dawn PNG.png'   Fantasy.jpg        'Scarlet PNG.png'

./Backgrounds:
Alexs_Room.jpg  University_Hallway.jpg

Padre Katyusha

I can't be called a woman cause I'm not hot enough
Uploader
Jun 4, 2019
Dev

Your VN immediately crashes on case sensitive filesystem platforms like Linux such as follows:

Code:
While loading <'Image' u'backgrounds/alexs_room.jpg.'>:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 26, in script
    "In a quiet apartment bedroom, sunlight filters in through the gap between the curtains."
  File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 114, in _window_auto_callback
    _window_show(auto=True)
  File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 69, in _window_show
    renpy.with_statement(trans)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'backgrounds/alexs_room.jpg.'.
You are probably using M$ Winders for your development and have fallen into its trap with NTFS which preserves case on write but totally ignores it on read. You are using what is probably lower case filenames and folder names in your Renpy code, but your images folder unpacks with mixed case filenames and folder names as follows:

Code:
~/Downloads/ANewNurse-1.0-pc/game/images $ ls -R
.:
Alex_Aroused.png   Alex_Pose2.png    'Alice PNG.png'        Backgrounds     Dawn_Text_Alt.jpg  'Leah PNG.png'
Alex_Normal.png    Alex_Worried.png   Alice_Pose1.png       Dawn.jpg        Dawn_Text.jpg      'ON Face Alex PNG.png'
'Alex PNG.png'      Alice_Fell.jpg     Alice_Pose1Test.png  'Dawn PNG.png'   Fantasy.jpg        'Scarlet PNG.png'

./Backgrounds:
Alexs_Room.jpg  University_Hallway.jpg
We wait until the dev look at F95, no sign of him here.

• Sad
Reactions: CoffeeSaint

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
the update from the 4th of January.
It must have just been updated on this thread after my comment, cause it didn't say Jan. 4 when I asked that. lol
I never played this game, but saw it was an older date and was curious. Anywho...carry on. \m/ :) \m/

loikl

Feb 14, 2018
This is from the maker of the game
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I wish you luck, and I would recommend that you put planned tags (feminization, humiliation, ntr, and the others that you mentioned), to make clear the direction you plan for this game.