Ren'Py - A New Place [v0.6.1] [Kintsugi Digital]

1. 2.00 star(s)

EdgeOfShadow

It's barely "servicable".
    UI: not great, but not the worst I've seen. Still, navigation requires more clicks than it should to the point that it's noticable.
    Gameplay: navigate out of the house to a location, there are some choices but I've not noticed any meaning to them.
    Art: good for females, for males it's decent but it looks streched vertically. There are animations for sex scenes, but nothing special. Art is fine overall.
    Writing and story: To say that the writing is bad, would be an understatement, it's terrible, I don't remember when was the last time I have seen the writing this bad. For example it's cringe how it's trying to be mysterious about the MC past (and fails terribly at it) and meeting the guy in the bar was just painful to read and made me exit the game. How the story is told and how characters speak and express themselves, it's all painful to read.

Overall, it's a "game" and technically it kind of works, it turns on, there are graphics, text and even buttons to click. While there is nothing offencive about the design that would make me drop it to 1 star, the overall quality doesn't warrant anything more than 2 stars.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

BurnAfterReading

Same old trite plot with a surprisingly large amount of grinding. The interface is clunky, the writing feels almost entirely written by an AI, and I don't think the character design is that inspired or interesting.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

teletube

Game loop is boring.

Sex scenes are animated, which is great.
    Characters are sexy, yet they are few.

Unfortunately, story seems pretty linear for now, even though you do have dialogue choices, they don't impact the outcome much.
    And the main problem for me is the gameplay loop itself, there is no quick access to places, so you must go through 'tunnels' every single day to repeat the grind. Quite meaningless and unpleasent.
    There is almost nothing to do, except for character interactions, which are dry and linear for now.

There is some potential, but gaming loop needs to change - 4/10.
    Game is unfinished obviously, so there is a chance it will get better.

(Game is in 'v0.6.1' version during this review)