VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

eUTCnFFGYbNT

Jun 3, 2019
I understand when people take their time to compress 5Gb games to around 1Gb games with almost no quality loss, and the others download them, me inclusive, but...

This one is like 750 Mbs now, less than many others compressed. Want it to be 50Mb or what?:ROFLMAO:
Not everyone is blessed with fast internet or enough bandwidth :(
I can download 750 mb files no problem but I remember just last year when I had a very slow internet and had a cap on how bandwidth(switched ISP's after a new one started operating in my area). Because of that I could only download compressed games.

krantos

Oct 25, 2019
You're thinking of kinetic novel (no choices) and I agree (the 'choice' where one is blanked out because it hasn't been implemented and may never be does not count as a choice)

based on 0.1.5 (not sure if 0.2.0 has any)
You're right, that's what I was trying say. Thanks.

chillybop

Sep 30, 2019
I don't want to cry over the ntr and I won't, in fact, I like the genre but not all of it. I like when the blackmail seems logical and not forced and staged. I like when in the end the MC can get back what is his or if the people getting blackmailed can return the situation, a kind of good ending.
I want to know what kind of ntr is this game. Is it the kind where the MC has no action, gets totally cuckolded and robbed of all his possessions for no reason, and ends up desperate at the end even though he's just a good guy? What I would call the bad ending.
Can someone who plays it give me an overview of the game? If so, I don't mind spoilers.

Thanks in advance.
So far I can tell you that the MC isn't the utterly passive cuck that we have in a lot of NTR games.
His greatest flaw is that he's too trusthing, but the last update has shown us that he's getting suspicious of his GF behaviour.
We still have to see if he's actually going to find out about the cheating/blackmail and what he's gonna do about it.

If you want an overview of the game with minimum spoilers:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

SpecterX

Apr 29, 2020
So far I can tell you that the MC isn't the utterly passive cuck that we have in a lot of NTR games.
His greatest flaw is that he's too trusthing, but the last update has shown us that he's getting suspicious of his GF behaviour.
We still have to see if he's actually going to find out about the cheating/blackmail and what he's gonna do about it.

If you want an overview of the game with minimum spoilers:

Thanks for the detailed response.
Now I have a good view of what the game is

I'll give it a try or just wait for the next update to start it since the updates seem frequent.
Who knows the author might surprise me.

Thanks again.

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
Well shit i didn't see it coming, i didn't think good writing will turn to be a double edged sword. I dislike blackmail and rape but in netorare i'm able to get past them. there is some crying ,some sadness but generally it doesn't get across. Well here due to the quality writing and how it's woven into sex scenes i feel very bad to see Laura suffer. She knows she is falling but she can't stop it - it's like drowning - a very shit feeling and i got hit with full force of it. I found myself coming with holes in the story or ways for Laura to get out.
This is not a good sign, if i'm revolting i won't be able to enjoy it. Maybe the jp ntr don't have ridiculous plots because they can't be bothered to get good writer but because when things are too realistic it starts to have adverse effect?

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
HangoverCat Hey, Merry Christmas.

This dialogue:
Laura line.png
.. has some errors.

Do you care about this? If you do I can send you corrections with a reference to the relevant line in the *.rpy when I feel like it.

The reader would have to be an idiot not to understand what you mean, all I'm saying is that there's room for improvement.

HangoverCat

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2019
HangoverCat Hey, Merry Christmas.

This dialogue:
View attachment 1568063
.. has some errors.

Do you care about this? If you do I can send you corrections with a reference to the relevant line in the *.rpy when I feel like it.

The reader would have to be an idiot not to understand what you mean, all I'm saying is that there's room for improvement.
Thank you, and Merry Christmas to you too! Of course, I care. I’m in fact always struggling with grammatical errors and whatnot. I’m trying to improve, though it’s not something that I actively work on. If you really want to, you’re welcome to send me any mistake you find. I’ll be grateful for it. But I will hire a proofreader in a couple of months anyway, so you should probably not waste your valuable time on something like this.

woomb

Jun 13, 2020
One question - how long do you intend to this game to be and what % completion would you say it is right now?

HangoverCat

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2019
One question - how long do you intend to this game to be and what % completion would you say it is right now?
I don't know how long exactly I'm planning to work on it. It's not something that I can really tell at this point in the development. All I can say is that for Laura's route, we're around 30% in. If we take Aya in consideration, it might take me a year to finish it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were more.

Yambidexter

Jul 16, 2020
Not everyone is blessed with fast internet or enough bandwidth :(
I can download 750 mb files no problem but I remember just last year when I had a very slow internet and had a cap on how bandwidth(switched ISP's after a new one started operating in my area). Because of that I could only download compressed games.
As much as I appreciate that, I think that, unfortunately, none of the comressors will bother with it at the moment - cause it's not that big now. If the game turns out to be 2-3Gb once finished, there will be compressed version, I guess.

Don't know how bad people are having it but at 50-100 Kbs/second it's about 2,5-5 hours downolad, which isn't that much for me personally - just do it overnight or start downloading in the morning and do smth else - have breakfast, surf the net, work?

I used to download files with speed capped at 30-100 Kbs/second from Rapidgator and such, and my problem was the loss of connectivity and the data downloaded when using browser. So I started to use a program called JDownloader 2 which manages downloads, which helped with the issue. It's doesn't seem to help with speed, but still - one can manage downloads (pause, resume and so) safely, can close a browser or go about their own business there altogether. Maybe someone will find it useful.

sfoMMA85

May 23, 2019
I don't know how long exactly I'm planning to work on it. It's not something that I can really tell at this point in the development. All I can say is that for Laura's route, we're around 30% in. If we take Aya in consideration, it might take me a year to finish it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were more.
Please HangoverCat take all the time you need for the game!

I love A Promise Best Left Unkept, and as you know, I would love to see it beeing worked on for a loooong time so that we get to see loads and loads of content witl Laura and Aya. The premise, story and corruption arc are so good, I just hope it doesnt get finished too soon and we see a lot more content before.

eUTCnFFGYbNT

Jun 3, 2019
As much as I appreciate that, I think that, unfortunately, none of the comressors will bother with it at the moment - cause it's not that big now. If the game turns out to be 2-3Gb once finished, there will be compressed version, I guess.

Don't know how bad people are having it but at 50-100 Kbs/second it's about 2,5-5 hours downolad, which isn't that much for me personally - just do it overnight or start downloading in the morning and do smth else - have breakfast, surf the net, work?

I used to download files with speed capped at 30-100 Kbs/second from Rapidgator and such, and my problem was the loss of connectivity and the data downloaded when using browser. So I started to use a program called JDownloader 2 which manages downloads, which helped with the issue. It's doesn't seem to help with speed, but still - one can manage downloads (pause, resume and so) safely, can close a browser or go about their own business there altogether. Maybe someone will find it useful.
Yeah JDownloader is awesome ,I get upto 20 MB/s download with it ,which is exactly what my speed is capped at by my current ISP.

sfoMMA85

May 23, 2019
But I will hire a proofreader in a couple of months anyway, so you should probably not waste your valuable time on something like this.
Sorry to ask, but isnt that a little waste of money/resources? In my experience the feedback of the community always finds the few spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and such that are strolling around. And as there are not as many as your english is superb, I wouldnt even think about a proofreader. If your english would be bad then that really would make sense, but all people are already praising the games english and writing quality, so I think thats nothing you need to improve on in such a fundamental way. On the other hand if thats something important for you as you yourself are an author in the first place, then forget what I just said ;)

Makeshift

Nov 16, 2017
This has the potential to be one of the best NTR games of all time. HangoverCat, please take all the time necessary to truly flesh out the corruption of these women. I would gladly support and buy a finished product that is of the caliber of these initial updates. Cheers.

Reactions: pizbia

rev33

Jun 6, 2017
Here's my unofficial (and amateur) compressed version for Windows.
Original / Compressed Size : 678 MB / 111 MB

This compression is unofficial, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

DOWNLOAD :

And my unofficial (and amateur) compressed Android port.

Usual Gestures (up = menu, down=hide, right=skip)

Known issue(s) :
- not able to see the rule(s)
- pressing back button will open the log/history instead

This unofficial port is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

DOWNLOAD :

* It's my very first time uploading and sharing stuff, so... yeah.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
I hate it when renpy games think that their rollback should some Japanese eroge style history view and not the standard renpy rollback. I like to take the last save WHEN I WANT TO, not when hitting the author's end up update page which will probably be invalid anyway when attempting to load for the next update.

Reactions: ice_fan

Bulldozer47

Jan 18, 2018
I understand when people take their time to compress 5Gb games to around 1Gb games with almost no quality loss, and the others download them, me inclusive, but...

This one is like 750 Mbs now, less than many others compressed. Want it to be 50Mb or what?:ROFLMAO:
I usually prefer games around 250mb.
My internal memory is very low

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes